What would you rather see Navy Issue Rokh or a Gurista version of the Rokh

Plz no, SNI is a good ship and only 1 of 2 torpedo platforms that can fit an active tank and still apply decently.

What would be better is a new line of navy BS with EWAR bonuses.

1 Like

The old Rokh, before the nerfs and bugfixes.

1 Like

Would avoid the well all need a new navy bs issue lol. Odd thing was when per level resist was dropped to 4%ā€¦I never saw any real good reason why. I flew rokh at that time. Never recalled anyone going aww man they have Rokhā€™sā€¦itā€™s over as they are so OP because of that extra 5% (assuming a pilot even had level 5).

If we were to get these though, Navy rokh. With some damage/damage application love applied to it. the sorrow of a rokh pilotā€¦we have to fly nagaā€™s to see the full damage potential of rails. Most other races slum it in these BCā€™s to save money on ship loss. Not to get damage upgrades.

1 Like

At the time, all resistance bonuses (that I know of) got reduced to 4% instead of 5. So, itā€™s not the Rokh that got nerfed per se, it was the skill itself across the board.

True, but imo it didnā€™t need to be applied to this. I would argue it was it was one of its only features really. I may have missed some rebalance in the past few years since away but for this changeā€¦this was basically the only thing changed on the rohk I recall.

Other BSā€™s got this nerf butā€¦they also had something given to them by and large. Here is where tiericide left a bad taste for me. Rokh walked away weaker for it. And it was not even imba to other ships in class to warrant it.

In the case of some armour tank BSs, the 5% resist was a bit imba if worked right. They could rely on the passive from skill boost to go yeahā€¦one more damage(application) mod and ride out hull bonus for resist.

Rokh got this and the associated BP changes to go up in price. Wrong end of the stick is what it got really.

But some rokh love would be nice.

Now someone mentioned a rail scorpion above. I had this funky idea way back that still appeals to me. One day when BLOPS get looked at Iā€™d actually like to see a hybrid widow. Lets have a t2 hybrid for caldari. this would not need a new ship. And I think a ninjya strike force can miss 1 missile launching boat. Especially considering it presumably dropped in bombers that do this very task.

1 Like

So from what I am saying allot of cross over concerning various ships, but the idea of a Navy Rokh seems to be in the lead, but what would be better for it Damage Bonus , or Maybe a Rate of Fire Bonus to Give it more Damage Potential.

I did like the Idea of a Gurista All Drone version , but the twist I would put on that would give the Role Bonus to target painters and drone damage, anyone else like this thought.

Arenā€™t target painters rather Minmatar style? Since Guristas are like half Gallente and half Caldari, I doubt giving it bonuses for that would fit in well in the greater picture. You could still fit them of course.

For a Navy Rokh I could imagine on the hull:

• Hybird Turret Tracking
  • Hybrid Turret Rate of fire
  • Hybrid Turret Damage
  • Hybrid Turret Activation cost
  • Hybrid Turret Optimal range
  • Hybrid Turret Falloff range

Of course you would only have two bonuses. Deciding which two is the difficult part. :stuck_out_tongue:
Personally I like Tracking and Rate of Fire the most. Especially when you fit smaller than large guns you could get superb tracking values from the hull. Can be very interesting for pvp.

Sounds like a Dominix to me.

It seems to be not that easy to create a ship that isnā€™t already there in some other faction.
Correct me if Iā€™m wrong, but is there another shield-tanked battleship dedicated do hybrid turrets from any of the empires?
I know we have the Hyperion and Megathron, but those mostly get armor tanked, right?

1 Like

Caldari do get a target painter Bonus to some ships the the big one being the Golem so it would not be out of bounds. on a drone boat would be interesting.

As for the Navy Rokh yes the 2 bonuses would be hard to settle on but for me, I would go Rate of Fire and Turret damage, leaving some Med and low slots to have to be dedicated for Tracking and Tanking.

To keep in the spirit of ships should be different Iā€™d think it be fair to take straight damage. Since megathron gets the ROF. Some balance there as rokh still has to overcome crap tracking.

Ok talked it over with some others and sort of wanted to throw this idea for a Gurista Rokh

6 High Slots, 6 Turret Hardpoints
7 Mid Slots
6 Low Slots

Gallente Battleship Bonus

10 % Bonus to Target Painter effect for Drones

Caldari Battleship Bonus

4% Bonus to all Shield resists

Roll Bonus:
200 Percent to all drone damage.

Of course the Cargo hold for this ship would be greatly reduced to hold more drones maybe by half.

So any thoughts on this one.

Why make another Caldari drone ship. Whatā€™s wrong with you people.

Hereā€™s what would work for a TURRETED (because thatā€™s whatā€™s lacking) Caldari navy Rokh

• replace range bonus with 5% damage bonus
  • remove 1 turret slot to allow for utility
  • drop a low slot in favor of a mid slot

Iā€™d rather see the Rohk made better.

If you noticed the Drone version was not a Navy version but a possible Gurista Version and fell in along those lines. As for a Navy Issue Rokh here is a idea.

High Slots: 8 7 Turret Hard Points
MId Slots: 7
Low Slots: 5

Caldari Battleship Bonus :

5% To damage per level
4% to Shield Resistances per level.

My honest opinion is CCP would never allow the Rokh to have a actual Damage / Rate or fire bonus but would fall into something like this.

Caldari Battleship Bonus:

5% to Turret Tracking Per level
4% to shield resistances.

1 Like

Any of these, either / or. Maybe I would start flying one then. Also, Gallente is needs a dampener Battleship badly. Caldari has Scorpion for ECM, Amarr has Armageddon for Neuts, Gallente needs a Dampener BS and Minmatar needs a Web Battleship.

I think if they made a navy version of the Hyperion, keep it a short range active armor brawler, and give it some dampener bonus with an extra mid or 2, itā€™d be awesome, and make perfect sense for a short range brawler.

There is also a lack of Dampener sub-system for Proteus. Unlike other factions, Tengu has a ECM sub, Loki has a Web sub, Legion has a Neut sub, but where is the dampener sub ?

1 Like

I was skilling into Caldari Rails for missions, but the Rokh was a dead end for lvl 4s. I had to switch to gallente for mega-kronos. Either upgrade would be welcome imo.

1 Like

The Rokh can run Level 4 missions easy enough , just use a Large Micro Jump Drive , adjust to range and kill everything.

By the way Moe Read allot of your post and responses , Fly Safe

Damps are overpowered, why increase the strongest ewar in the game?

I would like to see more EW in the game. For example something that could lower opponents ship CPU output by 10% or so for a turn or 2, or likewise with powergrid, turning off a random module.

EW = more tactics and more strategies, which this game is sorely lacking. A Hyperion with damps would be awesome.

To Powerful honestly to mess CPU or Power grid , but that is why you can mess with cap , now for a temporary effect maybe create a EMP pulse weapon based off a smart bomb that would just disrupt systems for a few seconds have you have to relock.