What would you rather see Navy Issue Rokh or a Gurista version of the Rokh

Not if its balanced + random element. Remember if the CPU gets lower, it would for example shut down a random module until it gets back up. Duration is TBD, may be a couple seconds, may be a couple rotations.

And random module does not make it too powerful at all, for example, you shut down 1 out of 5 guns, or you can shut down an EM ward or resist plate while you’re shooting your opponent with explosive ammo, etc. It may be powerful here and there, if you get extremely lucky you can shut down their rep, or prop mod, but random is random. It may be sometimes powerful, but sometimes useless and everything inbetween.

If make this in form of weapon or specialized EMP ammo, you can put up more restrictions, for example you can shoot only 1 of such guns / launchers at a time and due to its nature, powerdraw, proximity (or whatever else excuse) can shut down your other weapons while this one is firing.

Many, many things can be done. The current combat in this game is very stale and falling behind as time keeps movign onward due to its limited mechanics. It seriously needs some more tactics along with some chaos :slight_smile:

1 Like

Agreed with you but would take some real planning to make it work and not be OP but yes possible I grant that, I went to Fan Fest so many years I have asked about a Navy Rokh , 11 years the ship has been in service the only major change to it a reduction in shield resistance strength. Like the Navy Issue Scorpion when released served as the heavy hit platform missile damage lacked in the Rokh needs a improved version.

You cant offline a mod like that and have it come back on as it takes 90 or 95% of your cap.

Theres already an ECM burst mod that breaks locks.

A damp BS would work great if they followed the use structure of the Navy Griffen by bottoming out the effective range so you have to be within 10-12km of the target for it to work. Or turn it into an area of effect that uses high slots to cut damage and prevent it being OP.

2 Likes

Id like to see a Rokh that was useful for something other than hanger decoration.

I like using mine to blap stuff a 100km away

This. QFT.

Rokh is one of my most favorite battleship platforms in terms of looks. Would be good to see a navy version with more bonuses to railguns plus a utility high or two.

I’d rather fight a hundred duck-sized horses. Wait, what were we talking about?

I think such mechanics would be dearly needed, if I imagine that in a fleet-sized szenario.
Like 10 people using this on the primary target which, for example, suddenly looses all it’s mid slots: No shield tank. No propulsion. No survivability.

1 Like

I don’t think that will happen the Idea wwould stick with Caldari battle doctrine as for team engagements. But that kind of power would have every other power in the Eve universe screaming bloody murder. But again IU sent in some official requests on this idea. and for like the last 5 years never heard a different answer given concerning having a Navy Rokh from CCP other then submit the idea. I thought by now the community might voice a loud enough interest in such a ship, but then look again how long it took to get the Navy Scorp.

Why not just a T2 version of the Rokh with a single dreadnought weapon? Give it the appropriate bonuses to be THE sniper without infringing upon the dread’s sieging role. All factions could have a version of it. Gallente might be a pocket carrier as a specialized drone boat.

1 Like

Like the attack batltecruisers but battleship sized? And a “pocket carrier” with like 1 squad of fighters? Sounds like it would be the new ratting-meta. ^^
But something between battleships and capitals would actually be appealing to me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.