What would you think

I dont think theres mining to be done in Hek for the SoE arc

They may take a break from SOE and do a bit of mining , who knows

1 Like

And bring their Retrievers and Macks with them ofc.

1 Like

Btw when you back off holiday , hope your having a nice time

I’d say it’s a good bet they also have space trash…

2 Likes

Ok I’ll bring a clean up squad, want me to make a public announcement on the start time of the op so people can catch us flashy :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

2 Likes

So that’s deployables out of new systems , well done ccp .
New Eden Police Force making eve a better place , join us and make a difference and kill criminals

1 Like

Do you think MTUs were intentional or just a fortuous side effect?

That is in Minmatar space.

To me, it’s not so much that these trashcans shouldn’t be allowed in starter systems, it’s more about the sheer amount to be found there. I’ve crossed some systems with an ungodly amount of them… chock-full of trashcans to the point that I wondered if CCP was even aware of it.

There should be a limited amount of them per character anywhere in space or CCP should allow us to blow them up without much repercussion ( maybe the character who had one blown up can have a killright or something ).

But as it is, all those deployables only do one thing to new players: Makes them wonder wtf is going on with this game.
I know I did the first time I saw that… then I understood CCP’s Modus Operandi and stopped asking questions.

All of them are from alts. what is the problem in creating one extra alt?
Solution we have now is not perfect but better than what we had before.

1 Like

Well then, we’re f@cked, lol.
But seriously. they don’t bother me that much anyway. I’ve learned to ignore them and with Overview Tabs they can be filtered out without any consequences.

That’s great. At least some things are being worked out for the better. There’s still hope.

Suspect status last I checked for killing mtu

1 Like

Considering the format of this game, i would think there must be a filter for the overview

And there is…

1 Like

Welcome @Duella_Cre_Vil to the forums .

Not sure I get your point.

Yes you can set your over view settings to cut out many things , your free to do so but I’m free to act as I please on things I see in my overview be it little cans floating in space to fleets of gankers or flashy red criminals.

1 Like

Further to our clear out of mobile depots in starter sys ,we have decided to take this a step further and clear out a number of depots on main travel routes .

1 Like

It’s funny, the one thing that has a invul timer gets spammed while the one thing that would get legit use (mtus) doesn’t even inform you if it’s under attack

>.<

Im floozbarping dung here because I scam Ill say something not rotten about bling.

Edit: Huh well at least I know it wasnt Ridley tgat flahged this lol

How the hell are you floozborping dung? Doesn’t really sound that rotten for your body to be doing that. I think you should scam.

Edit: Man, can’t people just have a little fun in here?

1 Like

This “advertising” spam has been a constant problem in Eve for a very long time. Just imagine originally the anchored “advertisement” containers had no expiry time. Advertisement container stayed there forever, and the space clutter grew… and grew… and grew. (this was before Mobile Depots and MTU’s)

Abandoned corvettes and shutltes also had no timers. They just multiplied floating around stations and gates.

The same happened in systems with landmarks. For example, the system with the Eve Gate had an ever growing cloud of containers that said “[Insert name] was here”

CCP took a small step in the right direction when they introduced expiry timers years ago. It helped a -little- bit, because when items are not accessed they will decay within a certain period. (Although their main reasons was nothing to do with advertising spam reduction. They mainly wanted to reduce the number of ‘redundant’ objects their servers had to keep track of)

But the spam seems to be easily winning the battle. Keeps growing as the picture by th opening poster shows.

I would love a better solution from CCP - especially in starter systems. There is no need to force spam and advertisements on new players.

If corporations want to advertise it should definitely NOT be done with “named space junk” forced onto new players. There are already recruitement channels, the recruitment menu ingame, and the recruitement forums for doing proper advertising.

My suggestion would be to drastically shorten the expiry timer for all anchored deployables in starter systems. I am not sure if removing anchoring completely is the perfect solution…maybe it is…maybe not. Because I have seen quite a lot of new players use anchored secure containers for mining. (which is not the best way of course to mine, but is sure fun in the beginning) So it would be nice for them to still be able to anchor things… just the stuff pops quicker if not accessed regularly. And it gives a bit of revenge to spammers, because it will add some annoyance for them to keep ‘maintaining’ their space junk adverts.

Of course another option is to make it ‘reportable’ to CCP. Allow anchoring in starter systems for normal use. But if the object is used for advertising it can be reported… corp warned… and if they persist CCP brings down the hammer in some way.

If by problem you mean feature.

I still remember all the cans in stations and gates around the systems when I started. It made the game feel alive.

2 Likes