What's the point offering missions in the new Trig systems you cant get to

What’s the point offering missions in the new Trig systems you cant get to.

1 Like

Do mission agents still send you there?

Do agents outside pochven send you there? Or do these agent send you to trig minor victory systems? In the latter case you can normally travel there. This also includes Edencom Minor Victories and Fortress.

I hope highsec agents try to send people to the Pochven systems, that would be really funny.

1 Like

Sorry I did not word that first post very well. Why do Hi-Sec agents outside the new Trig systems try to send you to the new Trig systems you cant get to.

2 Likes

Because they’re just scripts and haven’t been updated.

1 Like

Because this dev team sucks and they didn’t plan any of this out.

6 Likes

But how can a dev team be this bad? These guys have college degrees. Surely they have at least heard of missions at some point - in a staff meeting or something.

1 Like

Damsel’s hot for Trigs

1 Like

Which means they can one shot a 12oz Pabst :rofl:

Missions are some of the oldest, antiquated and absolute worst pve content and CCP probably just don’t expect anyone to still waste their time on them.

Well… There are a lot of people that don’t waste their time on the arenas. There are a lot of people who will not waste their time in Pochven, too. Novelty isn’t everything.

2 Likes

I’m surprised USIA runners have yet to bring this up, but I’ll issue a PSA. I’m sure @Mike_Azariah already knows about this issue specifically (I previously pinged him about ore changes + mining storylines being ‘inconvenient/unworthywhile’), but if he isn’t aware I’m sure he’ll bring it up.

1 Like

Or “this team won’t touch mission spaghetti code”
or “the other team is fed up having to clean up the mess of this team”
or “it’s not in the top 20 of the priorities right now”
or “working as intended”

That’s what you get when you spread resources too thin AND outsource your quality assurance to people who do not play, understand, let alone master the game.

3 Likes

There are missions that have been bugged and impossible to complete for like a decade. For whatever reason, CCP does not fix bugs in missions.

1 Like

No. There is the MER which has this data. What is shown in your wallet, as mission agent reward and bonus, is generated and sent by the game, and captured and processed to produce that bit of info for the MER. Just saying that ccp knows exactly what is done and how often.

Based on the quality of patches and new “features” I don’t think they have a QA department anymore. :no_mouth:

2 Likes

One wonders about it yes. We used to have good QA. Maybe those original guys were promoted away, idunno. Even when we point out flaws, mistakes and downright bugs on the test server, they still are released. Releasing an update with a “known bugs” devblog at the same time is amazing - and indicative of counteracting forces within the organization of the work.

2 Likes

I read a forum post where the poster indicated they contacted support for help with a COSMOS mission, and support replied their ability to help was limited because they no longer had the documentation for that old content :grimacing:

2 Likes

Yeah, IMO, this is where not just CCP, but software in general, goes wrong… Developers would rather work on making new stuff than updating old stuff. Marketing people and execs get excited about new things more than old things. New content drives press coverage and user base expansion. So everybody always focuses dev time on the new flashy instead of optimizing the core mechanics. It happens in every kind of software from accounting applications to air traffic control systems to MMOs. And the result is crappy core functionality of much of software.

1 Like