What's your favorite thing to multi-task while playing?

What is your favorite thing to multi-task while playing? What do you do in EVE, and then what are you doing outside of EVE? I’ll use myself as an example.

Today while in high-sec, I sent my miner out to earn some ISK, and worked on cleaning up. I’d leave volume high so I could keep an eye on things, as well as check my watch so I know when to go back and switch asteroids or make a trip home. Snagged a good chunk of change while scrubbing the burnt crud off my stove.

Sometime’s I’ll make jumps in super high-sec (safe paths) to pick up junk I’ve left all over New Eden. Never anything kill-worthy, but that way I can clean up my personal assets screen. I’ll play another game on a second monitor during this since it needs a little more attention.

I guess overall I’ve found that while sometimes I want 100% focus on what I’m doing, there’s a ton of things I can split my time between as well that I’ve already done for the Nth time.

What crazy or inventive multitasking have you all done? :smiley:

2 Likes

Cocaine
OK not actually cocaine

8 Likes

Netflix.
If only space combat in EVE was like The Expanse…

4 Likes

Not as strong or effective as cocaine, but I decided stupidly the other day to drink a double-shot of coffee and a 5 hour energy drink right before I had to take a Mammoth on a long distance trip. Not only that, but I left off a low slot power fitting and couldn’t put online my MWD. So that was a long 14 jumps. :cry:

If I’m not on TS BS’in, then I’m doing something solo and usually watching a movie, surfing the web, or maybe watching “paint dry” while imagining “final jeopardy” music.
-Classic example of the latter would be building out a death star.

1 Like

I run an internet dating agency for rare breeds of chicken. Keeps me pretty busy.

Considering branching out into geese next year. May have to drop a few accounts to accomodate that.

10 Likes

Homework, programming, and other games such as Beyond Dark that dont require much attention either.

2 Likes

And this is when your ship goes boom, or you come back to find that you’ve been bumped 100km out of the belt and haven’t mined a damn thing…

5 Likes

Complete with pics of exotic chicks and hot cocks, I’ll bet.
:smirk:

–Gadget

6 Likes

I don’t. I never play anything that does not require my attention since that is not really playing. Its more like AFKing or semi-botting or other type of that sort of cheese.

2 Likes

Usually I play other instances of Eve. To fill up the computers and monitors and then I talk trash to the few corp mates that keep sticking around with me. But alas my weeding and winnowing of them has led to a vast hiatus.

Other than that I sometimes binge watch programs like The IT Crowd, or old episodes of Agents of Shield I havent seen yet. But I do that ON my computer so am I afk? semi afk or just siting right there like on these forums? Is it all real or is it just a bad dream?!?! Am I the bad dreamer or is this not my dream at all!?!?:thinking:

1 Like

Multitasking tends to really mess with my ability to keep efficiency in what I do, and while I have to keep an eye on local and overview and the ship modules nearly constantly, I really only use an option build into Opera browser - detachable window. Truly a blessing when I want to occupy my mind with something more than I should. Put some vidio on play, put detachable window in corner of the screen - no profit unfortunately, but can multitask efficiently.

1 Like

So what about if you gotta make 20+ jumps? Stare at the beautiful scenery? Don’t get me wrong, nothing wrong with that, and I definitely see where your coming from.

It’s all a dream. It’s not your dream. It’s a dream where good and bad and real mean nothing. You are a good dreamer, dreaming in someone else’s dream. :open_mouth:

1 Like

Using autopilot requires some form of mild retardation…

1 Like

fukung was the best… until CCP pulled the IGB.

I would nurse market buy orders while I mined - no need to be AFK or switch toons.
I’m also sure I was the cause of half the “market bot” claims some have made. :grin:

On some weekends, I would also pick-up the buy orders scattered around the region while playing D&D over at a friend’s house.

–Gadget - .01 ISK Veteran

3 Likes

Dualboxing two vnis while trading dax and dow

2 Likes

i run fake conversation in my local between all my alts so my solar system looks social, alive and dynamic.

4 Likes

I do indeed fly manually. Very rarely I have that long a route entirely in HS, and when I get anywhere outside I end up zig-zagging, approaching gates at different angles, take an occasional cyno, etc. etc. which is all done manually anyways.

3 Likes