Where are the pilots buying their Ships from?

I guess the answer is - it depends. If you want to use a doctrine fit and there are some on alliance/corp contracts, sometimes with ammo, scripts, etc in cargo then it saves time and effort to do so if they are priced reasonably*

*what is reasonable is subjective

Some null sec markets have hulls for sale but if you decided to buy the hull you would either need to buy the fittings, rigs, ammo etc as well or import them, so if those are not for sale as well it would make more sense to buy a ready made ship off contracts.

1 Like

Ethan, is that screenshot from fuzzworks or is it an app? EDIT: Nvm i saw the link. Thanks.

Adam4EvE is super handy in figuring opportunities and trends. Though a bit complicated interface (Iā€™m not the one watching video or reading manuals to work with a website. ;).

It is really sad the quantities of ships traded in jita per day. less than 100 for the most popular hisec ships. I talked to nullsec people and they said they prefer contracts of doctrines and frigs not hulls of Battleships. So it seems the demand for battleships did not relocate, but it decreased.

so the question now is, which category of ships had its demand increase dramatically? unless most people are sitting in stations doing nothing.

Ships are hard to move around. I buy BPC and build myself ships in place where I use them.

Mr. Tipa, Gila has only 132 sell orders filled in jita not 500 as you claimedā€¦per day.

How do i change the station under Station Trade Metrics on A4E?

Main entry to that page is the market hub list with links there:

grafik

You could also manipulate the ā€œstationIDā€ URL parameter by replacing the 60003760 (Jita 4-4) with the station/structure ID of interest. Worst case via the list of station/structure IDs.

Iā€™ll add a feature request to be able to select the station directly on the metrics page.

1 Like

Always happy to receive suggestions/mockups (in the dedicated thread). Iā€™m not a software or UI engineer. :innocent:

are u adam?

On Oct 31st 465 pieces were traded in Jita. The numbers come from https://evemarketer.com/regions/10000002/types/17715/history

ADAM4EVE says 152+3 Gila ships were traded in Jita station on October 31st. 152 to sell orders.

https://www.adam4eve.eu/trade_metrics.php?stationID=60003760&date=2018-10-31

Which source is more accurate?

EDIT: wait, your figures are across The Forge region, not limited to jita station. Wonder where the other 300 Gila ships are traded around the Forge.

Offshoring is a thing, Jita/Perimeter is one hub. I donā€™t expect any relevant volume traded in The Forge outside Jita/Perimeter. The link I shared reflects what is shown ingame, not sure how Adam4EvE calculates the numbers. @Ethan02 may shed light on the difference.

you need to be more focused and accurate in your observations, assumptions, and your communication.

The 465 figure you linked from EVE Marketer covers the whole The Forge region and not just jita station. If you look at the other top stations in The Forge, using Adam4Eve, you notice they have ZERO Gila sales. So while jita station had 152 sell orders filled, where did the rest get filled? Assuming the majority of the remaining 465 ships are filled to sell orders.

To validate and avoid further assumptions, Ethan, can Adam4Eve show us how many Gila ships are traded across The Forge region as a whole on October 31st?

EDIT: There it is. According to A4E, 422 GILA ships were sold by sell orders in the Forge region on Oct. 31st. https://www.adam4eve.eu/commodity.php?typeID=17715

So apparently jita station is only contributing to ~30% of total GILA sales in The Forge. What other stations are contributing in that region?

Something is not right, when i change the scope of the graph using the right hand side drop down menu, it shows that 420 ships were filled to sell orders in Jita station. But that contradicts the table on the same site that says 152 ships were sold on that day in jita stationā€¦

No offense, I donā€™t need to. I just told you my view on things based on my expierience.

We are talking mostly irrelevant things here and theorize too much. Whether there are 150 or 500 Gilas traded doesnā€™t matter. If you want to sell Gilas then just do it and see how it goes while watching the market as all of us doing market business. If it doesnā€™t work, do something else.

Ethan I hope you captured the contradiction in figures that I pointed out in A4E. Please correct me if Iā€™m wrong.

Yes, in the sense youā€™re asking Iā€™m Adam. Though the name was rather inspired by the bible. :wink:

I guess it is indeed best explained in the volumes graph on the commodity history page if you check the boxes for the appropriate metrics that are being talked about.

So what do we see?
465 Gilas were traded in total to/from either sell or buy orders on that day within the ā€œThe Forgeā€ region. This is assumed a hard fact, since the data is directly supplied by CCP and also displayed ingame in the trade history.

CCP does not supply data how much of these 465 went to sell orders. As @Tipa_Riot pointed out, you can make an assumption if the CCP-supplied mean price is rather leaning to the current sell or buy price. However the prices within CCPs trade history are subject to a trimming algorithm as confirmed by (ex-)CCP Quant and thus need to be taken with caution.

Since knowing the volume that is going to sell or buy orders can be a valuable information for traders looking to seed/supply markets or region trade (or ā€¦) like myself, A4E looked for ways to gather that information manually.

For this A4E takes every 10 minutes a snapshot of the current orderbook and checks if a known buy or sell order from 10 minutes ago had its available quantity decreased. If that is the case, then this is marked as a proven trade to a buy/sell order.

Thus A4E has seen proof that 152 Buys from Sells have taken place aswell as 5 Sells to Buys.

Whatā€™s with the remaining 308?
Those have gone to

1. Orders that have been put up and filled within the 10 minutes and thus A4E hasnā€™t seen
  2. Orders that have been completely filled and thus ā€œdisappearedā€.
    Here A4E doesnā€™t know if the order was filled or canceled. In this graph it assumed the safe side and doesnā€™t count these.

I hope this explains the discrepency between the A4E trade metrics and CCPs trade history metric.

PS: You can also switch the A4E trade metrics page to ā€œMaximum modeā€ which then includes ā€œdisappeared ordersā€ as filled in the count. For the 31.10. this shows 35 + 297 = 332 which leaves 133 trades that A4E didnā€™t catch.

1 Like

That explains it, thank you very much.

I had a handful of Battleship BPCā€™s from when I went wormhole diving so I could make them on the fly. Decided to use them since Iā€™m no longer in WH but they donā€™t sell very often unless your selling immediately. In HS itā€™s almost better to just sell the minerals unless you have time to let it sit forever and adjust multiple times a day.

Keeping my BPCā€™s for use case scenarios now. Having a hard time selling ships period.

Jita and Amarr are the only remaining hubs.

Dodixie, Hek and Rens are now downgraded to about the level Stacmon and Oursalert had a few years back - stuff does sell there, but it is slow.