Where is Project Nova?

THEY SAY JTS BORING

2 Likes

its just a generic call of duty style corridor lobby shooter now.

its very sad, ive lost touch with everyone i knew in dust but i hope they will never see this.
its really bad when you completely rebuild a game up on a new engine and platform and it looks exponentially worse than the broken alpha version of dust from almost 6 years ago.
and by alpha i mean the launch version cause lets be honest. even the release version of dust was still an alpha game basically.

dust was far from perfect but it was better than whatever that video is supposed to be.

1 Like

Well, it certainly is. But its the prose of game development, when you have different concepts. First there was project Legion on PC, That was the true successor of DUST 514, it was like a next DUST on PC. It was completely scrapped, art assets and concepts.

Replaced with Nova. Everything build from zero…

Nova doesnt feel more than what reviever played 2 years ago, so I assume it was in some method refactored from that demo build, replacing graphics assets and the map was build for it. Some mechanics were tweaked, probably rebuild few times since they showed it first time 2 years ago.

Since there is no vehicles, even not a one MTAC, it lacks broad spectrum of gameplay options and flow of gameplay that were in DUST, and it is devoid of market and connection with EVE that could make it original, like DUST was.

The simple fact it takes place on spaceship is not a selling point obviously. PvE could be always made more like with different levels, for example hard, normal, easy difficulty levels. Anyway, if they will not get more options to make it more MMORPGish (customization of looks, face, helmet, SKINs, dropsuits), dont give some kind of economy with market, dont give connection with EVE in some gameplay mode (maybe tied to incursions), they will not have much success with it.

PC Gamer article is quite harsh, but it’s true. So far CCP has given us this taste of Nova and not something else, and what they’ve shown is bad. FAI It needs a serious rework on NPC AI, which I wonder if it’s the kind of thing that’s doable from alpha to release. Being chased by Sansha cyberwarriors should feel scary, not like a turkey shoot that grows old after moping the floor with the first waves.

FOR THOUSANDS OF YEARS I LAID DORMANT …
… WHO HAS DISTURBED MY … oh! Hi! You tagged me. :blush:

1 Like

There is so much that could be done. For example who would not want to BE SANSHA. They already have models, why not give players option to be a pirate faction member? Sansha could be also so much customized with implants. There could be war, like both teams, mercenaries and sansha could duke it out on some spaceship.

Even they could get MTACS on both sides in some mode lets say vehicle assault, both mtacs would play role of bosses with huge health. Sansha being that crazy, huge robotized human, barely human in shape, and CONCORD MTAC being like a robot with human inside.

1 Like

Many shooters have DownLoadable Content packs now after release that you can purchase for money.

Would bet ccp includes other races for money at later date.

That’s if they dont stop development after a few months like many things they do

Where is all of that?

MTACs are real!

Overall I am very disappointed. I was looking for a EVE Online battlefield, but I got a trashy space call of duty. What a waste of time and money.

2 Likes

Apparently don’t. They’ve cancelled the whole alpha thing and are rethinking Nova.

In one hand, it’s good news that they don’t keep walking towards the cliff where Nova was going with that disaster of an Alpha.

On the other hand, now we must trust that those who led Nova to that sorry place now will figure a way out of it and into greatness… :woman_shrugging:

It worked for Valve.

Valve aimed for a November 1997 release to compete with Quake II .[13][14] By September 1997, the team found that while they had built a number of innovative aspects in weapons, enemies, and level design, the game was not fun and there was little design cohesion.[13] The company postponed the release and reworked every level. …

Source and more details:
Half-Life (video game) - Wikipedia

On the other hand CCP is not Valve. :neutral_face:

From Quake article: [quote="Uriel_the_Flame]
the team found that while they had built a number of innovative aspects in weapons, enemies, and level design,
[/quote]

Nova has nothing even remotely innovative. It is a 13 in a dozen FPS which will attract only a handful of players to try it out once or twice, before in dies. This postponement is only the prelude to scrapping the project entirely next year. CCP doesn’t have any real creativity anymore. Look at the recent developent of EvE ( skins, skill injectors, arena’s, etc etera). The last years have shown CCP lacks any and all original thought for keeping EvE the brilliant game it used to be. Any new project is doomed to fail because of it.

2 Likes

Yes this is what I referred to in my post when saying:

In other words I don’t have the confidence CCP can pull it off.

That MTAC looks alot like Tau battlesuit from w40k.And they also use rail guns sometimes…

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.