Whiners

But that costs isk. Whining on the forums is free.

Going to work is definitely PvP, because by doing so you can earn money to buy PLEX, which can be converted to ISK in-game to buy ships to kill me with.

2 Likes

I think the bigger problems are that it requires both intelligence and effort. Whiners usually don’t have the former and don’t want anything to do with the latter, hence the whining to have the devs change things in their favor.

1 Like

This might be only true if EULA contains full list of detailed descriptions of ganks, scams, etc. You know: talking about EULA you moving out of “common sense” area to country of laws, lawers and such.

Or EULA might have something in line “you consent to anything while you logged in”. But in this case no exploits can be reported and no reimbursement tickets can be sent.

3 Likes

This conversation was relatively entertaining the first 10,000 times we had it. Now, not so much.

What the hell is your problem with us Whiners?

#WhinersLivesMatter

1 Like

UNDER COLONIAL LAW SECTION 223 OF THE YC CONVENTION, I AM A CITIZEN OF THE REPUBLIC OF MANMATEER. I DO NOT RECOGNIZE THE ILLEGAL STATE OF MINMATTAR, WE DO NOT HAVE TO FOLLOW THE LAW, WE DO NOT NEED A LISCENSE TO TRAVEL, IT IS OUR RIGHT.

1 Like

The problem, or ‘whining’, comes from the complete and total bias AGAINST those who wish to avoid PVP, consensual or not. Every mechanic favors the bullies… and that is all they are. Cowards who don’t have the nerve to pick a fight with someone ready and WANTING to shoot back.
As long as CCP lies and sells the game as ‘do what you want’ there will always be people whining because the game is sold as something it is not. And their expectations are nullified by the reality of the game.

Unlimited wardecs. Ganking alts are instantly recyclable. Low-end ships getting high-end drops from victims in expensive ships that take months to skill for… If you don’t understand why many players don’t enjoy it then I guess you never will.

Limit wardecs to 5, per corp or alliance CEO skills. Take 1-2 slots away from the Catalyst. Put a 30 day cooldown on account slots when a toon is recycled.

But I’m sure you’ll cry about fairness. No No No we can’t make the game more difficult for cowards… We want EASIER kills.

2 Likes

I replied to your post because I choose to do so. Not because you gave me consent. These are forums, there are many of those but this one is about EVE Online. So HTFU.

This type of behavior increased from launch somewhat proportional to player boredom which frequently happens in “sandbox” type games. There are exceptions to that though.

CCP has to balance the experience for all players, which is not an easy task. I think they went a bit to far in allowing such anti-social behavior in high security space in general, but who knows what the game would be like if they went the other way. A lot of players would like to guess, but no one truly knows since CCP could have done this many different ways and player responses to that could not be fully predicted.

1 Like

I’m a hi sec care bear miner… I love that this game gives me reason to be afraid. I think the dynamic is awesome as it gives interest and meaning to playing the low key way I do. Learning how to not get ganked is truly a skill, and I’m proud of how well I take precautions. With so many ways to die and or be scammed in this game, it’s no wonder it has lasted as long as it has. So much player driven content!!!

I’m just curious as to when the price for hauling in a freighter will climb to a point to make it more worth it. I can fly one but never wanted to risk the loss. Surely the market will dictate accordingly if it isn’t already? With the amount of tears freighter pilots shed, you would think they would only accept transport jobs that pay better.

3 Likes

Whiner complains about whining. How productive!

1 Like

I give anybody and everybody consent to post thread related comments here. Consent is kind of implied by making the post…

@Nico_Boru OP, you are wasting your time. There is no point in trying. The only way of dealing with them is not giving them attention. Without attention they are without power.

These people are not to be reasoned with. They do not care about what you, anyone else, or even CCP says. They have no sense for self responsibility and they have no sense for taking care of themselves. It is not a problem of “not knowing how it works”, but of “not accepting how it works”.

It is not about what is right or wrong, either. They only want to be right. Giving them the feeling that they are wrong will make you their enemy. They create alternative facts, they ignore real facts, they ignore statistics, they ignore good advice. They abuse peoples willingness to talk to them for their own agenda, they move goalposts, lie and insult everyone on their path simply because they disagree.

They dismiss whatever is being said that does not fit their view. They create the illusion of problems where there are none, simply by getting enough people to continuously talk about something, until things that what barely affects anyone look like major issues potentially killing the game.

When you disagree with them you are a bad, evil person hurting their feelings.

Fascists.

Thank you very much, CCP.

2 Likes

There is a difference between rules and consent. Must be lost in translation. Eve online has non-consentual PVP. You claim the opposite. I can freely shoot ships wether their captains consent or not. IT IS NOT RELEVANT. Luckely eve online players aren’t simpletons…

I agree with this. There is a difference between rules and consent. And it is entirely within the rules to shoot someone whether they consent or not.

1 Like

Excelent point. Worded clearly. Love it.

tenor2

1 Like

Everybody is a ratio of sadist/masocist. But most people dont have the bunch of shades of gray life style. Just like many people are psycho/sociopaths but you never know it because they dont go on crime sprees.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.