Who and When voted for Trigl NPC full spool up in 10 sec?

So you want to use the wrong tool for the job and then complain about it…

You use different ships and different builds for different content, you have optimal ships for running Burners, ratting, exploration, etc.

1 Like

But that’s the thing right if you use the tool for the job then its not a game anymore it becomes work, a game is about figuring out challenges and making small tweaks as you learn but if you look online and copy someone elses solution you take all the fun out of it. You might aswell just watch a video and not play at that point.

Game design shouldn’t be about this is how you do things we are designing it to be done this way, it should be about here is a problem, go solve it. Once it’s “solved” then mix it up a bit with modifiers or triggers/event’s w/e to encourage creativity.

Gila / vaga / retri / hawk are in the solved state for abyss so using other ships makes it fun again.

Solving takes understanding of game mechanics, it requires brain effort, planning, testing and assessment. Most people lack at least half of that.

Why do you think so many people are miners and/or nullsec players?

2 Likes

To be fair the people doing abyss are more those type of players that think thou. I’m sure after their 200’th run in abyss in a gila they are bored out of their minds but they do it becuase of the iskies.

Ehhh… There are many people that love to woodwork, are you saying that using a hammer like millennia has been the de-facto standard to use to hit a nail, is suddenly work because others have shown you how to best use it?

Specifically Abysalls, we got a ship type and possibly a basic fit. You spend a LOT of time learning to fly it, messing with the fit, more flying, etc. Progress to new ship, rinse repeat. A change hits and your fits don’t work anymore or way more risky, values change, etc. Back to the drawing board! Looking at other weathers, if you don’t see that your fits for Electricals won’t work for Darks, you have a problem. You test/experiment, you learn stuff from others, sometimes that helps, sometimes that is bad info you base/spend a lot of time on…

If you actually do some of the playing/testing/understanding stuff yourself, you might notice that the ‘meta’ fits that everyone uses are certainly not always the best fits to use… And that some of the re-balancing means that your blingy fit suddenly becomes vaporized space dust, even after you’ve run a dozen tests with a ‘cheap’ ship perfectly fine…

1 Like

Many fits, I like experimenting, frigs, destroyers, cruisers, it depends on how much isk I am willing to burn… Yesterday I tried out a Jaguar cheap fit, died in T2, too many cruisers…

Under 200 Dps for any fit is going to be very hard for T2…

From the way abyss is setup, DPS is king you have to burn them before they burn you and also because of the 20 minute time limit, which limits the ship choices to a few possible options.

Jag has amazing tank but that dps is absolutely terrible so I think in terms of how much it can burn through in that time limit I would put it at about tier 1, for t2 I find you need around 220 dps if you have range and application and about 350 if you are a brawler but then you need speed otherwise most of the time burning to targets is going to get you killed to a time limit.

I found an ab 350 dps blaster harpy build that works for t2 but its terrifing you make 1 piloting mistake and its game over lol but its alot of fun. I found that even chucking on a few t1 implants and the cheap drugs makes a massive difference for the frig sites if your solo as that tiny bit of dps is a huge help.

Abyss rolling your AB makes a big difference as well. Or abyss rolling a quad lif micro warp makes a massive difference.

I ended up using this alot:
[Harpy, ABYSS MKVI]
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Power Diagnostic System II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II

1MN Afterburner II
Republic Fleet Small Cap Battery
Medium Clarity Ward Enduring Shield Booster
Fleeting Compact Stasis Webifier

Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II
[Empty High slot]
Light Neutron Blaster II
Light Neutron Blaster II

Small EM Shield Reinforcer II
Small Capacitor Control Circuit II

Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S x1
Void S x1
Null S x321

but usually had like 1 or 2 minutes left on the clock on t2 elec’s almost every time it was nail biting.

t0 its easy in a 10 mil coercer , works for alpha to… money kinda poor
t0 , t1 is doable in a punisher , but kinda slow
t0 , t1 in a retribution its EZ
t2 in a retribution is kinda hard , did it some times on sisi , almost died but never really died

all cheap fits no implants , aceface style etc
btw

https://abyss.eve-nt.uk

here you have a lot of info and fits etc

Here is my notes:

It might be useful to you. If you want to edit it go to file make a copy.

And yes those neut values are correct if 3 dama’s neut you its gg in a solo frig.

I stopped running abyss as the isk per hour is too low, I find as a player with less than 20mil sp its more efficient to just run missions. Maybe I’ll do abyss again when I can fly t2 cruisers.

So after all the Salt, what do you think?

Is it true that Triglavians ships in the Abyss works on different mechanics than if the same ship was
piloted by a player??

Do you think ,based on the videos I posted, that the Spool Up to maximum dmg is reduced to 10-30 seconds and
not 1 min and 30 seconds as it should be??

It seems to me that your Triglavians DPS stats are a bit too low…
Nice Sheet btw, might be useful. Tnx for posting it here.

1 Like

I made it about 2 months ago so maybe the differences are all the hidden tweaks since then?

and np glad it can be useful to someone.

1 Like

Yip this is true, npc’s have always had advantages (enhanced unattainable stats by human pilots) such as you cannot neut out an npc, if you apply a neut to an npc all that happens is they get a reduction % to their active tank, I don’t know the exact number but this is a way to beat ded bosses if you are using a ship that is under dps.

I wish CCP made npc’s have restrictions based on how a human piloted ship would be with certain fitted modules.

I guess npc’s being different allows less network calls and network traffic in general. Same as why we can’t change the angle of our auto orbit :confused:

Ahhh, it seems we have another young padawan here…

Is there still oxygen on Druidia??
I guess miners needs it…

“I like to experiment”.

• you’re doing exotics but the ONE drone type you don’t have is kinetic.
  • you’re running both armour AS shield, and with a shield rig

That’s not “experimenting” that’s dumb. Also, what did this video prove (other than you being clueless)?

I switched some drones, I have two Mutated Hornets now.
All four damages type.
Also I tried all filaments type except dark weather off-video

As for the mixed shield-armor, I got a room with kikimora and Damavik, and went deep into
Armour, I was cycling both Armor and Shield, fired the Assault dmg control, and survived…

That’s the principle of experimenting… it worked like a charm…

You’re doing EXOTICS, which means lowered Kinetic resistance so use the right drones. Also those drones have a ton of shield so it makes it easier to not lose them.

You’re wasting a rig on shield stuff, would you fit the right armour rig you’d not have problems in the first place and would you not waste a mid slot on shield you could fit a tracking comp giving you more range which means earlier damage on target which means faster killing.

Experimenting is about having an idea (preferably based on knowledge), planning it out, trying it out and then assessing afterwards. What you’re doing is this:

RandomBullshitGo

To then get angry about imaginary changes where you spout some random numbers based on fckall.

5 Likes

I would go for a web, being able to web down a vedmak negates its entire dps so you can web orbit it at 500ms and kill everything else around it.

But tracking computer is pretty interesting feel like testing it out.

I watched your one video with the Broadsword vs t4 electrical I like the idea of using a broad sword for it seems like a good ship.

There is a few things I want to recomend to you to increase your success rate in abyss:

(1) You seem to be clicking a lot on your modules which takes attention away from flying your ship something that helps is rebinding your hotkeys to keys around aswd area to increase speed also if you use shift + that key to enable disable overheat.

When you overheat its more effective to overheat 1 module at a time as it will last much longer if you heat the entire rack then everything touching something else that is overheating will overheat a lot faster and everything burns out very fast. (that is also why in fitting window someone would usually put ab then battery then web so that if you overheat ab + web then they don’t burn faster because the battery is absorbing some heat.)

(2) You had an opportunity right in the beginning to overheat your web and over heat your after burner and get on top of that vedmak and orbit at 500m while keeping web on it and then swapping to maybe the neuting frigates and removing them quickly. The hot key changes will enable you to do things like this much easier as well and you might have survived that fight with this tactic.

(3) I saw in some type of npc stat’s that Vedmaks have a maximum chase distance so if you run away they will only follow you for a few seconds then turn around so you can use this to reset their damage spool if you are taking too much damage, but I’m not sure if your ship had enough range to shoot from 25km’s as the vedmaks I think shoot to 22km’s before they loose spool.

You can also overheat web and put it only on one of the vedmaks to make it fall far behind to loose spool, while kiting away.

Anyways hope some of this helps.

You’re working under some improper assumptions. Nobody ‘votes’ for anything, CCP does what they want. CCP making unannounced changes, especially changes that result in players getting exploded by “new features” they weren’t advised of in advance, is old news and is the primary way they’ve been maintaining “destruction” levels for a couple years now.

EVE is poorly designed. It’s so poorly designed that it’s a PvP game where roughly 85% of the player base is completely uninterested in engaging in actual player-vs-player ship combat. CCP feels they need destruction to keep the marketplace from imploding, and so they’ve been resorting to “unannounced changes to game mechanics” (and/or 'announced with very short notice) in order to keep destruction up.

Get used to it, Hilmar has straight up stated that “yanking the rug out from under players” is the new design principle.

Best thing you can do is test it to see if it’s consistent, post some details about what you found, suggest an approach for dealing with it.

Either that or decide you’ve had enough with CCP yanking your chain instead of actually learning to design games properly, and vote with your feet.

2 Likes