Why am I getting Trig ganked in non-minor-victory high-sec systems?!

It wasnt exploit but a quite fast way of avoiding pointless grind for people with bad trig standings or getting trig standings to use Pochven gates at least. But CCP didnt like it.

1 Like

Thus it was a bug or exploit for allowing what CCP didn’t intend.

They were bypassing the bureaucracy!

1 Like

Now that almost the whole info on this is in, I can see what a backwards-ass mess it all is.

So let me see you start with crappy standings, and to get them back to 0 with both you have to go to Pochven (via space magic portals) and kill things that a) are pretty hard to begin with and b) are joined by pilots doing the same thing, and ofc its open space without any CONCORD or Sov.

And nothing in the game actually tells you any of this.

Im starting to think some of the people who have been unkind to CCP may have a point.

7 Likes

CCP developers now:

1. Create some grindy content that makes you fight to defend your gameplay in the end.
  2. Create grindy environment that makes you fight to remove the effects of what you did in point 1, to defend your gameplay.
  3. Guess what… I think create grindy environment that makes you remove the effects of what you did in point 2, to defend your gameplay.

The way I see it, there is no way I will play that. Point 1 was enough, fool me once…

Say no to grind!

8 Likes

This was glorious entertainment on Saturday when the Trigs decided to camp the Perimeter gate into Jita.

Several of us hung out, safely tethered on nearby Stations, watching the action, as wreck upon wreck piled up at the gate. We watched with glee as Obelisks on Autopilot trundled into view and were instantly hit by red beams from 10 different directions. We even pondered taking bets on which Obelisks would make it through the gate in time and which wouldn’t. They didn’t all make it.

Battleships went down too, Tech II frigates, you name it.

Then opportunistic looters began to steal the loot from the 50+ wrecks, going suspect, and equally opportunistic suspect killers began to engage them. At one point there weres missiles, lasers, projectiles and antimatter rounds flying in all directions between dozens of Trigs and players.

It was absolute chaos and it was absolutely magnificent to watch.

We need more of this kind of danger imho. High Sec needs a shake up. This whole thread is basically ‘why was I not safe in good old safe High Sec’.

I’ve always admired CODEs for one reason (and perhaps one reason only) - they add an element of danger / risk to High Sec which would otherwise be a laughably safe space. A much needed dangerous enemy where no NPC equivalent exists. Perhaps now in the Trigs we have that NPC equivalent. Maybe the Trigs secretly work for CODE?

Whatever else we might think about the whole Trig thing and recent changes, this danger / content shake up in High Sec is a good thing imo.

1 Like

And the Trig permit is just as cheap as the CODE. permit.

Trig permit: kill one Pochven rogue drone.

1 Like

Remember that pilots can laugh at it if they didnt do much trig shooting before and go to pochven to shoot one ship.

That adds only hassle to what you do in EVE if you are new and fresh. But then you can laugh at CCP.

But people who made content, will not do it anymore. Pochven too. There is just something offputting in all that grind you are tricked to do, then CCP changes things and you have to grind it back. Feels like a losers game.

4 Likes

Is that maybe the problem then? That instead of having to engage the content you just have to find stupid tedious ways to avoid it?

One thing I was dissapointed with on Saturday was the complete lack of a counter attack / response from anyone. Okay one or two tried to fight the Trigs, a few exploded, a few managed to get away, but it was a very poor, random, half hearted effort.

What I would like to see is High Sec having to wake up a bit and fight back, organised, against threats like this, rather than all these slightly silly rep grindy ways of going back to being an Autopilot carebear in an Obelisk.

And that is even when you dont want to do that content. As I wrote, it feels like a losers game.

3 Likes

Yes.

The problem is that there used to be a somewhat interesting Edencom/Triglavian choice. Now there is no sane reason to ever fight the Triglavians.

7 Likes

That was the previous part, the Invasions. CCP resorted to dirty tricks now.

2 Likes

Which is insane in itself, because they are blatantly (literally) the enemy at the gates, and it is far too easy to turn them into the cutesy cuddly wuddlies at the gate instead.

It’s all very confused.

1 Like

As is CCP.

5 Likes

Honestly, you’re deeply confused here. Destruction in and of itself is neither glorious nor good for the game. All it results in is a bunch of ticked-off players who feel losses were arbitrarily imposed on them by CCP.

And why was there no response? Because players like you were sitting around going “ZOMG look at all the glorious destruction!” and doing absolutely zero about it. Well, other than chortling “Man high sec needs this so much… more players like me sitting around watching other people get blown up by rando NPCs”.

3 Likes

Given theres no actual way to fight the real villians of the lore, the Empires, I think that being able to be pals with the Trigglies is the only good part of this.

2 Likes

GLORIOUS! Hopefully it brings in at least as much revenue as it loses, but I’m sure that CCP did that analysis.

1 Like

No, I’m not confused, I’m just not you.

Everything else you wrote is just a glorious testimony to your inability to see anything that happens in EVE from anyone else’s perspective, to the point you attempt to tell them they don’t even have that perspective, but are just confused.

You sound like some kind of narcissist person.

/shrug

2 Likes

Cry babies who lost their pixels in a space game you mean?

High Sec carebears on Autopilot who cry when their ship explodes, who were responsible for their loss because they weren’t even at the keyboard, blaming it all on CCP for being big meanies who put bad monsters into the game … this is who you want to cater EVE to?

There shouldn’t be anything nasty that kills you in High Sec because safespace?

Ugh.

Yeah, more players like me, not having this happen to them …

… because brain.

I’m not sure what kind of game you’re advocating we end up with, but it sounds crap to me … and nothing like EVE.

But then I’m probably just confused, right?

:stuck_out_tongue:

There are lots of things the game never tells you, you should be used to this

With regards to avoiding trigs, for 100mil i can give you a list of every single system that can contain trigs, then you can manually add them all to your avoidance list, however that will result in jita being unreachable as every single system leading to jita is one of the potential spawn points for a WH :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess the people you really should thank are the people who didn’t help defend caldari space enough to prevent most of the liminal systems ending up there