Why am I getting Trig ganked in non-minor-victory high-sec systems?!

I havent been to Jita in at least 18 months. There is literally no need.

I think you are misinterperating my comments.

It still remains that its an obfuscated, overly complex situation created purely to bring grinding into EvE as something that for some activities is required, even though it has nothing to do with those activities.

EvE’s features may well be documented in various locations, however these are neither up to date nor even verified in their accuracy.

Perhaps more obfuscation would be welcome if this works, but given the number of people who dont get what this nonsense is about, I dont expect much other than the last remaining piece of the puzzle; Trig New Player Starts.

Perhaps there will be a new NPE that might explain things at least slightly, but I doubt it.

TL; DR: Making a player grind without any guidance as to how or why to not take part in (to me unengaging) content is really counter-intuitive.

1 Like

EVE is an MMO. Grind is part of the package.

Try building any T2 ship from scratch. Lots of grind and lots of pointless complexity. Also lots of SP required.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

One of reasons - because people who fighted for EDENCOM get screwed by CCP.
I was watching this circus in Perimeter from cloaked ship - had a lot of fun. My ship was capable to kill whole triglavian gunk, but I’m fixing my standing with trigs by going to Pochven and shooting EDENCOM ships. So, If I help people it will create standing problem to me which not easy to fix.

3 Likes

Thank you for copying my style.

I appreciate the compliment. :slight_smile:

1 Like

And a pretty easy to follow recipe.

In what way is it obscured?

Or is PI considered a grind?

And what does lack of T2 production prevent a player from doing? In what way is it mandatory in order to return to a neutral status with anyone?

PI is less than 1% of the process. I said from scratch.

It would take an hour just to write down the steps from mining your first trit rock to pulling your shiny Ark out of build. And it would take you two years to train the requisite skills to accomplish it. Double that if you wanted to actually turn a decent profit.

1 Like

To be fair, players had already scienced the entirety of pochven shortly after it was released, we already have maps of WH spawn locations and we already know that anyone who was neutral can fix their standings with a frigate and any offensive module, literally a TP is enough

The bulk of the information from EVE has and always will come from player guides and information sharing, thats the nature of EVE, hell i remember when POS were first introduced and CCP never even bothered to tell us how to build them properly, we spent hours sciencing it and we worked it out, as a result we all felt smarter for the lack of hand holding, this isn’t really any different and actually being here observing things as they unfold and being present from day 1 to watch stuff unfold is pretty amazing, not gonna lie

I dont want to feel smarter, I dont want to grind also, and I dont like being forced by game mechanism to do so, as I dont like being cheated. Pretty big amount of donts, so I stopped caring anyway about the game in result. And the new font sucks.

1 Like

If you say so.

I doubt anyone does that (build entire T2s from absolute scratch for fun without any help) but if its fun for you, knock yourself out.

Still a list of things to get, and plenty of places to get them.

As for Pochven and this invasion being “pretty amazing”, well, we all are amazed by different things, its perfectly acceptable to be amazed by paint drying, as in this case for Cypherous.

Personally, Ive no interest in NPC standings grinding. Id assumed EvE vets as a whole didnt, but if CCP has baited the hook correctly somehow then vOv

Enjoy being back in Goldshire hunting boars, I guess.

I wouldnt even know where to start trying to figure this out, maybe EvE isnt the game for me anymore, even if Ive managed to play it for many years. Guess Im not too spacerich, too cowardly or too new thats undesirable, just too dumb.

1 Like

Hey Xeux,
is that so? Is 0.01 standing already enough for me not to be attacked at the gates? Since our pathfinder is not yet updated anyway, it is quite difficult to find the correct route from the wormhole to a tradehub, so it would be less stressful to have to pay additional attention to EDENCOM/Trigs.

1 Like

It’s completely unlike the usual experience.

Then i think EVE might not be the MMO for you, its literally called Spreadsheets in Space, feeling smarter than another player is pretty much the point

When I feel smarter seeing only what CCP does to this game. I dont have to play it. Not playing it is really a wiser decision for me than falling for what CCP does.

1 Like

Well you do you i guess, we will just carry on playing over here without you :slight_smile:

I am not absolutely positive, but yes, it should be. Some of the Trig swarms have gone white for anybody with even 0.0 standing. I expect that 0.01 is good enough, until CCP changes the rules again.

2 Likes

You were discussing grind. It’s not like you to start shifting goalposts.

They can now juggle wormholes and what they spawn anywhere. It would be very strange if they dont use this whenever they can for some money extracting purposes, paired with standings of course, and properly beefy NPCs. One region is too popular: guerillas guristas burn people for a week event.

3 Likes

Yeah I know, sorry, had a rough morning.

Call it an abberation.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.