Why Are (Most) Cosmetics Gendered?

You know in the character creator, where you decide how big your belly is. Isn’t that called a slider?

Btw. Not everybody see themself as binary. Deal with it. Feelings matter.

3 Likes

My brain’s still bootin’ up. It registered that a slider is somethin’ that smoothly goes from 0.0 to 1.0 and it knows that sex is binary, so my brain farted out what i wrote. Ya got some coffee for an old man?

3 Likes

Wrong you. There are two base models for body with limited deformation, thus clothing defromation justs need to fit the deformation range of male model and female model (and that barely changes, tbh). Then each race has got its own head base model, again with limited deformation range so items fitting the head need to fit to that range. Noticeably, the head width is NOT deformable, thus specs fit all possible models with a single spec model. I’m not sure about head shape, but probably headgear only needs to solve the issue with hair modeling -by removing hair in a way that doesn’t looks too wrong.

2 Likes

:coffee::coffee::coffee::doughnut::doughnut:

2 Likes

Man, awesomesauce! Ya’rr lettin’ me die from a stroke happily.

3 Likes

Sorry. Here, have some healthy stuff.:milk_glass::wine_glass::rice_ball::shallow_pan_of_food::ramen:

2 Likes

How?

Suppose I have two characters one female and one male. If I buy “a jacket” only one of them can wear it. If I want both to wear it even if it is gender neutral I have to buy two because I have two characters.

3 Likes

Jesus Christ…they have a ramen emoji…goddamn.

'Cause i could justhand over the clothes to the other char whenever i feel like it. There’s gotta be lots’a people who have chars of both sexes and that’d save ‘em quite a Load o’ Money™.

Maybe the point about non gender neutral clothing is:
If you make one jacket or pants gender neutral, you have to make all clothes gender neutral.
What about dresses then? Is CCP progressive enough to let cross dressing happen? Maybe they are. But are most investors and customers?
Too risky i guess.

1 Like

Not really. Char pics can not be saved if you take the cloth they wear.

I dunno why ya’rr callin’ it progressive, ‘cause it sure as ■■■■ ain’t. Am i accidentially butcherin’ this thread? If so, i apologize.

They can’t both wear it at the same time…that is if you are dual boxing you’ll need two.

1 Like

Did i misspell it. Sorry, if.

Sure as ■■■■ people’d do that. Ya makin’ the mistake believin’ that everyone would use both chars at the same time and that can’t be the case. There’s gotta be loads of people who switch dependin’ on what they’re goin’ to do. Havin’ separate sets for both male and female really only boils down to more money, 'cause 99% of the stuff ya can buy is equal right down to the vertex. The differences are just a few numbers to make ■■■■ fit.

Ya and most of the world ain’t doin’ that, so…

And besides, multiboxxers usually can afford. There’s a fuckton of people too poor to buy two sets though, or even a sub. Think about it from the perspective of a poor guy.

If it makes them money my guess is they won’t give a f—.

Why do you think the South had Jim Crow laws?

1 Like

I thought EVE was also known as Alts Online as well as spread sheets online.

Do you buy just one ship for your main and alts to share?

If you are too poor to buy a sub, then you are too poor to be buying vanity items too…sorry still not seeing it.

Dude. Start thinkin’ instead of just reactin’ and tryin’ to drag me into a pointless discussion. Ya’rr generalizin’ too much.