Why are the forums so dead?

Over moderation? Everyone on reddit (ugh)? Or is everyone on discord now?

Take your pick:

  • Over-moderation (flagging, post removal, etc.)
  • Reddit being the unofficial “official” forums
  • Almost non-existent FC dev interaction and participation
  • Too much friggin AI slop
  • Same hot topics that appear every month and beaten like a dead horse
  • Forum trolls/shills/alts
10 Likes

Automated Interface crap being posted ad nauseam. It produces low-quality content the appeal of which is overestimated by those who post it.

3 Likes

I lost interest a while ago due to massive AI slop posting, repetitive stupidity and threads that can only be considered rage baits.

Maybe this changes again after a few months with reduced interaction, so i just enjoy the game and let the forums be forums. Not worth my while.

Also the saved time gives me a competitive advantage over those forums spammers and i can amass billions upon billions while they are busy vandalizing the forums.

4 Likes

Probably the fact the devs are much more active on r/Eve than on this new “official” forum has something to do with it. :thinking:

:psyccp: :smirking_face: :ccpguard:

3 Likes

Im just here to give likes and flowers.

:rose: :pink_heart: :light_blue_heart::rose:

3 Likes

Imagine if you could have your own botanical garden in-game in Walking in Stations. :eyes:

:thinking:

3 Likes

I’ve seen that on reddit a lot as well. “Look at this new tool I made that I totally did not just have claude vibe code for me.”

You forgot to include my favorite and probably the most important one:

  • All of the above

You’re welcome..

Demon DMC
:sign_of_the_horns:

4 Likes

Sadly the forums started dying when even the devs left for reddit…
I remember when these forums used to be fun

3 Likes

Everyone misses the old forums. Well, at least the level of interaction in the old forums…

3 Likes

This. My ignore list has grown huge due to all of the trolls, altspam, and AI garbage on this forum. Even with a lot of the worst filtered out, the noise, vitriol, and negativity has still gotten tiresome to the point that I rarely want to engage anymore.

It’s pretty basic. Playing the game makes me feel good about EVE. Visiting the forums makes me feel bad about EVE. I’ve decided to do more of the thing that makes me feel good and much, much less of the thing that makes me feel bad.

9 Likes

I brought that idea up long ago. It was something about building a structure that you could farm food and such. You know…a bit like PI but farming.

Farming flowers would be dazzling though. :slight_smile:

:rose:

3 Likes

That’s a solid advice for everything, and I use it in real life. It’s sad to hear visiting the forums makes you feel bad. I know you and I have had our differences as well, but I do appreciate your contribution, I think you’re one of the more interesting members here on the forums in particular.

I used to get into forum arguments a lot more a while back and I also didn’t appreciate the general stupidity/outright nastiness people on such outlets tend to exhibit (not just characteristic to EVE forums), but lately I’ve become a lot better at ignoring stuff that used to trigger me. I walk away from arguments even when I strongly disagree. Part of it is because I know no matter what I say won’t change that person’s point of view anyway, and I just limit myself with taking sick silent pleasure in seeing how some people make fools of themselves. Part of it is just not caring. I am more physically-oriented in my communication with people, and some of the people I’ve argued with – I know that if I saw them in real life they might be someone I wouldn’t take seriously at all. It’s below me to even engage with people like that. So I just let it go.

Maybe some of what I mentioned above will help you in your forum dealings as well. Anyway, I for one like your presence here, even when I sometimes might argue with you.

2 Likes

Ditto.

1 Like

You fellas always run off to blame the same dirty laundry. Did it ever occur to any of you to look at the weather?

I cannot speak for Europe’s weather, but here in the states, we are having an unusual warm October. People who are not tied down to the house, are outside enjoying the last of this great weather. I went out to eat at the China Wall today with my sister. Then I came back and had a Chinese food nap. Now I can’t sleep… so I am here.

In short, good weather, people are away from their PC. Bad weather and the players return.

Have fun!

1 Like

Are they though?
I don’t think they are.

Which makes you wonder though.

Personally I’ve found that anyone new, or anyone bringing up genuine game issues, gets beaten out of the forums with contrarianism by a small group of players. Even old issues that CCP acknowledged needed changing would be defended by groups of people on the forums. It’s just not a very healthy environment honestly and most of us prefer the Reddit, Discord, or other private forums for short-form discussion. The forum doesn’t offer much of use anyway, game guides are hosted elsewhere.

That paired with low dev interaction and it feels like you’re shouting into a void, especially when CCP tends to ignore popular issues. A good example is art asset updates, they roll out so slowly and so inconsistently that most of the art side of the community has kind of given up talking about it. I’ve personally been waiting 15 years for some of the model updates we were due.

6 Likes

The forums can’t be simultaneously dead and yet anyone who posts is beaten out with contrarianism? Either it’s dead or it’s not?

:ghost:

3 Likes