Why Are These METAforums So Dead?

Wait 2 days. August 3 is the switch-over day. As soon as these forums become forums.eveonline.com and the other ones become read-only archives, you’ll see a lot more traffic.

But, to be honest, if you’re looking for General Discussion traffic, you’re slightly masochist. Only junk in here; you can expect 50 more “plex are expensive” threads for example.

I like to collect the tears :rofl:

Stopped using the old the day the new was live … hope they keep the deadline this time.

I actually really like these new forums. Might not be perfect, but there’s not much wrong in my opinion. Sifting through pages was worse than this infinite scrolling.

The way Replies are displayed (you have to click to see the reply) is a problem. (Maybe there’s a setting to change that, I don’t know). Are people going to respond to text that’s already displayed, or text that has be clicked to be displayed? The former, of course. So instead of a thread being a continuous discussion, with people adding to what’s already been said, a thread is like a series of independent posts. The discussion doesn’t really go anywhere, people just make various comments until it dies out.

Just to be sure, before I responded I loaded these up on my Galaxy s6…absolutely no problem, no lag, no loading issues.

Ok the fonts are small but nothing zooming in doesn’t help.

Conclusion…

Get a decent phone…

Zooming in? You use your phone like an old person.

In case you’re unclear, it’s stuff like having to zoom in on small text that makes the old forums suck on a phone. I don’t want to have an ugly, cumbersome format come between me and A+ content like your dumb af posting

2 Likes

People were complaining 7 years ago when they did the switch too…

It’ll all be better in a few weeks after the switch is done and everybody got use to the new one.

Fortunately I dont have to get used to everything, because of custom modifications I have now. Thank you, @Erika_Mizune :kissing_heart:

It may help if you remember that your experience is not everyone’s experience.

If you didn’t have issues then congrats, you’ve got a good device that didn’t have problems. Personally I can say with some certainty that using the old forums on a phone is lousy from both a UI and performance standpoint, and I’m willing to be there are people with worse stories than me.

Stories that have likely landed in CCP’s feedback folder.

2 Likes

u don’t work

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=524590&find=unread

IN short, you’re no longer able to log into the old forums so if you go there and you’re not logged in you will get an error message.

However, if you’re logged in you can still post. This will change in a few days.

Ahhh. Thank you for clarifying :smile:

And yet these forums are full of complaints about them not working on a lot of devices :slight_smile:

i disagree. “desktop mode” and landscape orientation ftw. “mobile phone mode” for browsing is crap in general, though.

It’s cause the new forums suck and everyone’s moving to Reddit since even Reddit is a preferable alternative to whatever …this is supposed to be.

2 Likes

I want to be able to zoom out.

They’re new and built on a more flexible platform. It’ll be easier for CCP to fix these issues than fix the underlying and deeply rooted structural issues in the old forums.

Erika mizune’s scripts make this forum feel like home. If CCP didn’t knew so better, I would suggest them to make this scripted version the “desktop” default and keep the tiny circleheads for mobile version.

Of course since I am not discussing seriously, I still don’t need to look for past messages and the infinite scroll hasn’t had a chance to bother me…