Why do players use cyrillic alphabet?

But they all are the same as in they use methods different than Latin alphabetic.

Of course they have differences between each other like Japanese Chinese and Korean being pictographic languages not alphabetic, or Korean using a completely different way to build pictograms by using up to four blocks instead of adding elements to a single block.

But in terms of being unlike our alphabet and nigh impossible to read without learning… they’re all the same.

Yeah, I should have clarified that I meant being in a public place.
I can’t assume that the people at the table next to me are fluent in English, so I would never ask them to leave.

well since the chat system is on an Amazon Cloud server would it really be that hard now to install an auto-translate feature into the game?

• Your repley is exactly making my point. - What are soing, what do you mean?

…Being on google translate I find that you are saying “He thinks that we are talking about him behind his back” - and yup, that coudlnt be more exact of the point Im trying to make.

There is another side of this all as well, but lets stick to new player experience here and that comment or any comment would be devasting. (ok, maybe not devasting, but at least wtf is going on in this game)

And peeps, cyrillic alphabet users, I mean, what you have to loose? - Your “secret” behavior by typing something in local and having some dude replying in cyrillic to you? Satifactory? Uh la la. Just be humans. Just interact with other whom you would like to interact act and say your praise. Its not that difficult. And being special by using the cyrillic aplhabet? - Well, do it in own corp or private chat, - and if thats to difficult for ccp then learn to LIVE with voice chat.

Hmm an auto translate for ALL languages, yep that would solve the problem. BUT are we there yet?

There is no ‘secret behaviour’, just people talking in another language, and your paranoia. This is your personal problem. Nobody cares about your personal problems.

2 Likes

Being able to use (possibly) the only language they know? Being able to use the only alphabet that they know? I think that is pretty major loss…

1 Like

Are you one of those poor folkes?

Because honestly I dont think there exist anyone whos not able to type english letters…

Wow. I cannot believe I read all that drivel by the OP. Ya know what I think. OP either learn the language or use Google or stfu. Because this board is rated teen I cant say how I feel.

You realize of course you are in their corp right. I’m sure if the evil ruskies wish you to know what they are saying they will use Google translate and post it in Bigot for you

1 Like

Dont understand what the fuzz is all about?

How come “you” people are so opposed to my suggestion? - Please explain, cause I really dont understand.

By MY suggestion you can type crazy all you like in corp chats and fleets and private, just not bothering new players like me with weird characters in local and npc corp…

WHAT is the big deal?

Yes, there are people who cannot write or read english. While you may think that english is the most used language, I’m sorry to break this to you, but it’s not. It’s not even in the top 3.

You are also forgetting that unlike other MMO’s, Eve is one single server for all. Other MMO’s have separate servers for separate supported languages. That’s why you don’t see them as much in other games.

1 Like

Because it’s called diversity.

1 Like

The ‘fuzz’ is your being a giant biggot about other languages. You don’t understand it so you want it removed. Personally I don’t understand how somebody can be so ignorant. That said just because I don’t get you doesn’t mean you should be purged.

Did that help at all?

3 Likes

I like your comment and thank you for it :slight_smile:

Yup most games have different servers, but not our game. Its the beauty, and not so much a curse anyway…

For now eliminate foreign characters.

Thats a broad sign, but voice chat is available.

And the thing is, - that blocking special and weird characters which makes sense to some people, is not bad but good :smiley: Hehe, Im joking here, but lets continue, - that enforces you with being more active on voice chat and getting to know your buddies!

I do not know, cause I am a noob in special computer sciences, but somehow I do think that seperating the local/npc chat from bla bla bla private chat and bla bla bla… I mean, type cyrillic all you like with friends, but not in local please.

or move to a sector of space where local is quiet. Where I’m at, local chatter is non existant.

No.

Get used to them not going anywhere.

1 Like

Please, no trolling.

Thread closed.

3 Likes