Why does saftey asset delete 50 - 100% nw?

Well… the purpose of a game is to provide entertainment, community and such…?
unclear what your talking about

That’s fair, but if you never come back, then it’s all wasted.

well, you are right.
Thats why i find if more then weird that ccp grief players by giving us players, a false saftey net.

@Brisc_Rubal what is your opinion on being able to choose where asset safety deposits your stuff before the 20 day timer? Yes current mechanic is same system after 5 days.

But say if i choose to move it to another nullsec area, say charge 10% of value?

I absolutely do not support any expansions to asset safety. It’s bad enough what we have now, expanding it is a bad idea. It removes any incentives to actually defend structures.

8 Likes

That is a rather unhealthy approach to items in EVE, where the gameplay loop is all about taking some level of risk while playing, which inevitably results in losing items that need replacing. The entire game economy is built upon that cycle of destruction and rebuilding.

Of course it is possible to play completely risk-averse and rather ‘log out than to lose items’, but aren’t you kind of missing the point of the game then?

2 Likes

In discussions about asset safety, people tend to forget it is (ab)used to extract ESS loot & PvP loot. Steal / shoot behind enemy lines, fly to an astrahaus of theirs where you have no docking rights, deposit items, go to asset window, initiate asset safety. In 20 days it is delivered to low sec for you for only 15% net worth. Profit: about 60% of whatever the big ESS bank number is, is pure profit.

Any modifications (eg “send to null sec station”) also makes this risk-averse gameplay loop improved. At least with filament extraction of loot you have to 1. Fly around a loot piñata ship until you filament, and 2. Have to be in dangerous Pochen for 15 minutes before filamenting out, and 3. You have no control over where your filaments take you.

3 Likes

Yeah okay, thats your thoughts and im sorry to see they got you voted into CSM.
also please note for future cms discussions that the ‘punishment’ is individually based on a players inventory.
Hence, its a the hardest punishment for the ill equipped noob-miners and such.

I, prepped for it and i still lost 50% of my nw…
and your suggesting that i need to lose even more time work and isk, due to a poor game design … Yeah okay, “you” can keep your eve, ill go to another game that isnt catering ‘punishment and grief’.

I am fine with removal, but you are arguing to make it even more attractive. That’s the opposite of what we need. The existing system is better than your proposal, simply because it represents a punishment in the form of time and work, in addition to the isk.

4 Likes

Get rid off asset completely. Then peeps HAVE to defend there stations they cant just run and asset saftey all there stuff. Al least then blowing up a station actually has purpose for isk making and not just a pointless grind

1 Like

Yeah okay, thats your thoughts and im sorry to see they got you voted into CSM.
also please note for future cms discussions that the ‘punishment’ is individually based on a players inventory.
Hence, its a the hardest punishment for the ill equipped noob-miners and such.

I, prepped for it and i still lost 50% of my nw…
and your suggesting that i need to lose even more time work and isk, due to a poor game design … Yeah okay, “you” can keep your eve, ill go to another game that isnt catering ‘punishment and grief before you play’.

You should be happy that Interbus can transfer that many assets for so little costs from a random station in deep nullsec.

If you had actually prepped for it, you shouldn’t have lost anything. Prepping for it means you moved your stuff to a safe place before the structure it was in was destroyed.

4 Likes

Again, you cannot “lose 50% of your net worth due to asset safety fees”. The fee is 15%, so you could at most lose 15% net worth if all your assets are in there and you need to get it all out.

You likely have assets elsewhere, as well as ISK and/or plex in wallet, which means you lose much less than 15% of your net worth to get it all out.

Are you perhaps talking about losing 50% of the ISK in your wallet?

3 Likes

How can you lie to yourself like that? More importantly, you’re insulting us with thinking you get away with lies like that.

4 Likes

CCP thinks losing your space isn’t enough of a kick to the nuts.

F*ck your wallet too!

They really try hard to eliminate all will to play this game.

It’s simply less fun literally every day. They can’t stop this freight train if incompetence.

When I feel like that about any game, I usually take a break. Might be a good idea for you as well, @Rocket_Hellfire ?

With any good game I later get the itch to start playing again, with refreshed energy.

Or if it’s going to be a permanent break, can I have your stuff?

1 Like

If i make the effort to kill your station and you dont even bother to defend it… do i not deserve some kind of drop from the station???
Wormhole have the correct mechanics
Dont want to lose ur stuff… defend it then…
If not put it in npc station
Scrap asset safety

2 Likes

my sentimentexactly. but you hafto understand…
I’f I would have “actually prepped” like you suggest i would have lost a VAST deal of my time. The thought about ‘losing all that time inte a videgame’ while irl was going on with finals and new job etc, was offsetting… the few hours i had i play fps game.
but the thought about spending ANY time in a videogame, at any given circumstance in my life, “doing an actual prepping to evacuate my pixel items” … would simply not be feasible, i would at some days even irl destruct my pod if i had to spend my freetime doing an actual space job like moving all of 1^22 m3, “without losing more then 25%”.

also… i don’t believe you have ever been evicted from your home station? hm.
Are you really the right csm spokeperson to face this issue?

“all asset saftey fees” as i said, it include all fees associated with using the “asset-saftey-system”.
as i try to explain to you… this is an flat fee of 15% then an an added fee based on an players individual inventory value/m3. see above reply to brisc why atleast 50% loss is a realistic number, in my case the loss is 100%, unless i get in contact with some serious goon buyback program :slight_smile:

i agree. scrap asset safety somewhere in soon future. But… at the now-time… there is sucha thing that supposedly are there for some kind of saftey net from sand-storms from all the kids rolls around screaming… kicking around sand in the sandbox… but alas, the promise of protection has been proven to be a ccp lie.

And you are wrong about this. Its straight up 15% of your value, its not 15% then another 15%.