Why Eve Online SUCKS

Why not offer advise on how to better, or corp invite, instead of being a dick.

2 Likes

Still doesn’t call for idiots to insult, instead they should be offering advise and tips to encourage player retension.

Instead you get these dicks insulting players willing to get further into EVE, all that needed is guidance on how to be better, no salt throwers.

1 Like

Take a look in the mirror, Your first post was to sling mud at 2 groups that didn’t have anything to do with this OP and not offer any advice to him yourself.

Talk about hypocrit.

5 Likes

Last time someone analysed the data, it said that you’re wrong. Within the sample set analysed, gankers accounted for the 3% of deaths among characters under 3 months old. CODE. like to think that they’re good, but they ain’t that good.

As for Goons, I’m pretty sure that their own retention rate of new players balances out or outweighs any negatives they have on overall retention

1 Like

No. I just play the game and PVP wherever. You fit both of those groups though. Congrats.

2 Likes

This will mainly due to NPC fleets ganking not just AFK miners and targets the CODE would never even try to engage.
So no wonder CODEs gank numbers are low, maybe they should be a proper PVP CORP instead of gate campers and newbie killers. Who know their kill rates might increase.

1 Like

Would expect nothing more from someone like you.

Easier to throw salt than offer any useful that might help a player get better at EVE.

Instead just tell them to bugger off, that really helps retain players.

2 Likes

Yeah you still haven’t done that, but he’s left the game.

There’s no advice to give someone about the game, when they’ve said themself they have left.

On top of that, he didn’t come looking for advice. He came to whine and call others asswipes.

Good riddance to him, but also good luck in his future games.

5 Likes

Ok forum training, you only ask people who have stuff this question :rofl:

3 Likes

So where the benefit of alienating a player still here or leaving?

One bad experience can cost 10 new players, an old sales quote.

So throwing insults on a leaving player could make him/her tell friends of a toxic player base in EVE and cause other player never to even give it a try. And most players have a large group of player m8 they chat with, so the old 1to10 might more be 1to100 with social media.

1 Like

I’m not sure what you mean by this.

How is it related to CODE. and the newbies that may fall foul of them?

You’ve made a ridiculous statement to the effect that gankers and Goons (grr™) cause more newbies to leave Eve than the stuff that CCP does.

I’ve suggested that you may be in error, and you come back with some nonsense about NPC’s?

2 Likes

CCP increase AI in roaming NPC fleets and with Trig invasions and conduits have caused AFK and newbie kills.

Mainly due to higher skill required and being less afk.

We know newbies want to try new things and high isk return operations. Hence the die more often.

So not sure how you missed all this, its been like this for a while.

1 Like

The numbers I was talking about only included PvP deaths, any NPC related influences didn’t make it into the the data set.

Why?
Most gankers have better skills and cheaper fits due to skill bonuses, personally see no enjoyment killing a newbie, there’s no challenge, and zkill just shows you can gank an newbie, doesn’t prove your good at PVP.

1 Like

Just so that everybody is on the same page here, please explain what you think ganking is; because I have a suspicion that we’re not talking about the same thing.

Ganking is a group of players (gang up on]) one or more players that do not have a chance to defend themselves by surprise or numbers, Or when one (high level) player does the same action to a below his or her own level of abilities or experience.

2 Likes

That’s almost certainly what would have happened had the OP come here and posted seeking help, advice, or guidance, but since the only box on his troubleshooting flowchart said (to borrow from a tweet re: someone’s toddler), “Have you tried screaming?” here’s where we are.

It’s unreasonable to expect anyone to offer help in this circumstance because the OP clearly does not want to be helped. He wanted to rant, and his rant is about how the game “sucks” because of features that are pivotal to the game.

The OP does not want to play a game with freeform PvP as a central feature. It’s not a tactical problem, it’s a taste problem. We can’t fix it with advice any more than we could fix, e.g., someone’s distaste for cilantro.

8 Likes

OK, it’s the traditional definition for MMO’s I can work with that.

Eve differs in a number of ways from a more mainstream MMO, the most obvious being that the game doesn’t protect you from yourself, or others; hence we say choices have consequences in Eve.

Another is the setting, it’s basically the middle ages with all of its squabbles and lawlessness, but with spaceships.

And then, there’s terminology. In Eve the word gank is almost exclusive used to refer to suicide ganking, in lowsec and nullsec it’s just called a fight; and if it’s a fair fight, someone screwed up.

5 Likes

Don’t disagree with this.

Douchebags Online. Burned out a long time ago.