Why Eve will never Fulfill its potential

I don’t get this argument. As a noob, I get abused on these forums for using skill injectors for exactly this purpose. This, despite the fact injectors were majority bought via in-game isk, or from left over “bonus” PLEX from 2-for-1 type alt training (or somesuch). What’s it to you if I grind in-game in order to use a legitimate game mechanic-based shortcut, including injectors?

I’m also omega, and as a noob I had to use RL money to get that way in the first place. What’s the difference?

As for losing ships? Get real. The noob tutorials force you to lose ships. How can the losing of ships in-game by inexperienced pilots be any sort of support for your argument(s)?

2 Likes

Oh dear, what strange numbers, and what a very strange analogy.
But what else would I expect.

1 Like

You’re 7 years too late with that one, mate.

1 Like

@Lily_Inkura - I think he may be referring to this general sort of thing:

If each moped was firing 8 Uzi’s I would bet on the mopeds over the horribly slow moving truck that is completely unarmed and had a choice to install bullet proof glass and reinforced cab but instead chose the all plastic approach so it could haul more

3 Likes

Dude, paragraphs! Not everyone is a mindless stump who scans through text like a ■■■■■■■ robot.

If you’ve ever been to Italy , and rome in particular,
You would have no doubts whatsoever about the capacity of the Wilde packs of vespas stalking the towns and city’s.

They’re everywhere, at all times and Christ help you at traffic lights, where they naturally congregate , weaving loudly through the cars and larger vehicles to amass in an ever growing , sweary , two strokey mass of impatient Italians,
The sight of that mass going fourth when the lights change is something to behold.
Just prey they don’t get a taste for flesh.

Ye think I’m joking I know but am I?

7 Likes

how can i be asked to read if you can’t be asked to put it in a readable format?

3 Likes

Ralph correcting someone’s grammar, now that’s funny.

2 Likes

Dyslexirekt.

3 Likes

I read it, twice even. I knew most of the responses it’s going to get before I finished reading it. But I cannot say I found a single good point in it. It’s a reflection of the past mixed in with unfulfilled dreams and expectations of a player, who might possibly have been drunk at the time he wrote it.

It strangely reminds me of Brockmire.

2 Likes

I take exception to that, I’m mostly drunk on the forums and I’ve never once posted a gank whine thread.

7 Likes

Maybe you’re drinking the wrong stuff. Ask OP what he had.

3 Likes

I never claimed to be some leet pvper. In fact I’m quite open about the fact that I’m an industrialist or hell even a “carebear” at heart. Good of you to go digging up my killboard to try and discredit my opinion though. (Also cool, I hit 100 kills at some point!!!)

I don’t need a thousand kills to identify that your opinions are ■■■■ and are based on some pipe dream of what you think the game should have been like… And if you honestly think plex makes the game PTW. Or that asset destruction of freighters is bad. Then you clearly don’t understand anything about how the game actually works.

1 Like

If bait post, nicely done, something for everyone.

If not, I’m mildly bored about the fact that you don’t properly explain any of the points you are trying to make. Its just a mix of low effort claims, which neither show a way out nor show how they’d result in things being like they are now.

From a full on »EVE is dying« thread I expect more depths.

2 Likes

Even the “EVE is dying” threads are dying. That’s a really bad sign.

2 Likes

You are suicide ganking your liver.

3 Likes

Probably closer to faction warfare these days to be honest.

2 Likes

I read that article a while back. It purports to prove that EVE is not P2W. Anyone who thinks that it even remotely does that has zero cognitive abilities and should give up on logic and rationality. There are good arguments on both sides of the issue but this is not one of them. Actually there aren’t any good arguments either way, because the answer is…wait for it…wait for it…It depends.

2 Likes

I play this game where I come to the EVE forums and skim over the threads in GD. I click titles like this one and if it ends up being tears over the New Order or ganking, I drink.

I usually end up drinking.

2 Likes