Why I quit AG and why you should too

As I have ganked ganker scouts I know that you have to do certain things right to succeed.

It did not take long for you to turn to ganking, though I sort of suspected that you were a ganker pretending to be a new player that did a small and ineffectual amount of AG before declaring that ganking is the way to play Eve. This story has been played numerous times in the past by gankers, I guess it never gets old, but of course you could be the real deal…, not that it matters much. :stuck_out_tongue:

By the way, if you are the real deal just enjoy Eve, which you seem to be doing.

NB. Don’t take my suspicious nature as a personal attack, you don’t need to justify anything, if you prefer ganking then prefer ganking, it is part of the game after all.

3 Likes

You got it wrong, sorry.

Duels would work perfectly under my suggestion. If you duel someone you get CONCORD clearance to shoot at each other. But the RemoteRepper does not have a duel with your target so he cannot legally agress your duel target. He would get criminal if he would rep you and CONCORD would kill him. Again: RemoteAssistance should directly inherit all agression from the Assisted and then the Assister get flagged as if he had aggressed the target of the Assisted himself. If you agress someone in HighSec you have not a Duel with, you get criminal and killed by CONCORD, end of assistance.

You are correct that currently RR itself not create a weapons timer. But in my suggestion you also inherit your assistance targets timers. So even if you rep someone who is still firing legally or under suspect timer, you could not dock any more since you inherit his weapon timer. He must stop firing or you must stop repping and then wait a full minute until any of you can dock.

2 Likes

There you have the moral dilemma of a cruel universe. I am temperamentally a carebear, and all the AG sentiment is still there ( I was never pretending )…but I equally have a cold, calculating, ruthless side that Eve brings out so well. If any game is the game to be that character, it is Eve. Beneath all the bluster, I suspect many gankers are no different.

You seem to be pretty much where I am, I only am sympathetic to those that deserve my sympathy, where I guess we would differ is that I felt sympathy for solo freighter players who liked to do courier contracts and who were actively piloting their ships and taking risks. The risks they were taking were far far higher than the gankers and AG players, I got to know a few like that and it was tough watching them be bumped out of the game. I sometimes wonder if they would come back now that bumping was fixed to something reasonable.

Still I know very well that I got fed up with seeing people get ganked with zero tank and zero effort so I am pretty much where you are in terms of wanting people to do the basic things. It is why I find Thotamon so incredible and have so much respect for him.

Anyway ganking at the base level is just the act of bringing overwhelming force that the other person has no chance.

But that goes on all the time in lowsec and nobody even calls it ganking. I mean, when I lost a Gnosis in 0.3 space it was a foregone conclusion despite my 90K EHP. My 700 DPS blasters were never gonna outdo 1200 DPS Mega Laser on a 140K EHP Praxis. It was doom the moment I was warp scrammed. That my ship lasted a full 90 seconds and put up a good and dramatic fight made it fun…but to all extents and purposes I was ganked. Should I then turn round and say ’ you are mean, picking on a smaller ship ’ ? I won’t say ‘unarmed’…but then what difference did my arms even make except to draw out the length of the fight ?

Looked at in that perspective, how are a dozen Catalysts descending on a Mackinaw really any different ? What makes that mean and not the equivalent thing in lowsec ?

Actually it could have depended on your fitting, lets say that you had fitted it with active rep mods and the Praxis had gone buffer tank, you might have been in a situation to blow up the Praxis. Also note that I said overwhelming force, a single Praxis is not overwhelming force.

In terms of your question I actually play on NTDS, which is no threat don’t shoot, though there are some entities that I would shoot no matter what they are in. What this means is that if you jumped through a gate into lowsec in a non-combat ship and saw me sitting there in a combat ship you would warp off without me making any effort to shoot you. I have to have reasons to blast your ship into nothingness and I don’t even follow our red standings that much. For example PH are red, but I would not shoot one of their non-combat ships either, or at least not go out of my way to do that.

I currently play NRDS in the area that I am in.

Does that explain the difference for me, because that Mackinaw is not a combat ship.

And let me be clear, if that Mackinaw came in and started to mine the same roids as me, I would gank him.

That is where we differ…as my policy has moved to NBSI. Which makes me an ‘opportunist’ ( I’d rather call myself ) rather than specifically a ganker or anti-ganker or whatever, as I am liable to shoot anyone who isn’t blue…which could include gankers, anti gankers, miners, etc, etc.

There is nothing wrong with that. If you join someone that operates under NBSI like I have then that is fine, in fleets I shot who I was told to shoot, the only exception was those times I was being asked to shoot blues and then I did not.

However just to be clear, the mentality of a lot of AG players is based on this differential in attitude around blowing up things, it is no coincidence that many AG players tended to operate more like NRDS. It also explains the intense dislike of NRDS by many players.

Just see it that many AG players are mainly looking at having reasons to shoot someone. Which is why the OP was upset because he came across AG players that were NBSI and who had a different attitude to him and he was not happy with that, I understand his annoyance even though I got used to it because I accepted that AG was made up of a diverse people and many were more akin to gankers. There were several very effective AG players that ganked previously.

My policy is NASI

It is mean because they are unable to accept that they can be attacked in high security space in the first place. And unable to quit the game as well which is what they should do if they cannot accept it.

It is precisely because CONCORD arrives, because the very act of attacking uprovoked is illegal. And if it is illegal it shouldn’t be possible and it is mean. In lowsec attacking other players is “legal”, so it isn’t problem now, but don’t worry, if the highsec was worthless and players would be forced to enter lowsec to do profitable mining or lvl 4 mission, they would be soon crying about PvP in lowsec as well and calling it mean, not a PvP, and claiming it drives players away from the game and it needs to be removed. Every once in a while there is a rant or whine on forums of a player who got ganked in lowsec as well.

1 Like

It’s almost like you planted yourself into the AG community just so you could one day come to the forums and write… this.

Weird.

Tell us, how many alts do you have among the CODE. ilk?

Hate? We don’t hate you drac! We are just concerned about your wellbeing. Not sure who said anything about mentally ill, more like a tendency for funny interpretations and wild speculation sold as factual insights.

Maybe you have just a lot of fantasy. That’s no crime. We all know and can handle it.

Now let’s go inside again, the bus isn’t actually coming, this is a facke stop. It’s lunch time soon and then you can watch some TV.

( :grin: :grin: sorry )

I think they are doing chocolate pudding for lunch.

Channel 69 is playing a documentary about the wreck HP buff this evening, let’s make sure he watches something else, otherwise he has trouble sleeping again.

1 Like

They are playing 0% Damage Killmails in the rec room tonight.

He always loves to watch.

2 Likes

Don’t give up your day job. You will never make money as a comedian…

PS I do not welcome your fake concern.

So this is about real life hate that you have. Perhaps you should not be playing this game with that level of hate and falsehoods in falsely defining me as a bigot.

I flagged your post as inappropriate, perhaps it will be moderated, who knows?

The posts where you trained a homophobe on how to get away with their personal attacks and where you insulted literally millions of people are still up, so I wouldn’t count on it.

You need to read that again, your hatred blinds you to what I did and said. Nowhere in that exchange did I support his homophobia. This is why you are a dishonest and nasty person, Xurien went and had a look at it and concluded that it was incorrect to say that I had schooled him in homophobia. And he does not like me, but at least he has the guts to call it as it is. Your abject hatred is on display once again.

1 Like