Why ice prices have dropped so low?

Scoots is going to rip you a new one on this.

But I want to impress him.

EvE has a LOT of resources in game. The kind of wars Scoots is talking about are the ones that would actually make a dent in those resources.

Not your every day wars which can be very profitable.

Scoots McToots

Whatever you say, dear. Please stay on topic.

All this actually does happen and it’s led to a parity in game similar to a concert of Great Powers like in Europe before WW1.

Those Great powers do what they can. But no world war yet

Maybe it’s because you’re just imagining this to be true?

Yeah, who in his right mind expects you to deal with other players in an MMO.

2 Likes

This is what pissed me off about the so called bumping fix.

The biggest problem with bumping was never freighters failing to warp, they are billion isk ships that should be able to take care of themselves with team work.

The real issue with bumping is solo new player miners who are trying to remain stationary.

This was possible a long time ago (over 10+ years). During major wars, demand for minerals would rise. This was back in the day when null sec would import minerals like tritanium from high sec. Miners and industrialists would manufacture “bricks” that could be recycled and turned into minerals, and sell them to null sec. I believe the 125mm railgun i was the most popular “brick”, but it was such a long time ago. Anyway, it was a big business, and allowed everyone to profit from a major war if they wanted to.

However, due to CCP’s endless buffs to null sec (partly due to CSM corruption), this no longer happens. Each region in null sec is now 100% self-sufficient, so the game is stagnating. There is little competition for resources, or need for trade.

1 Like

tp4SHcL

That’s a great idea. Nerf peoples pastimes further. That’ll help sub numbers.

What they should do is give ice more uses. It was good for the past few years. It’s just this past year the price has dropped a lot. That’s because they made changes that lead to reduced demand of ice products. The new player stargates were announced, and would require very little ice product. Prices dropped since then.

No they rwally need to change ice spawn mechanics. Right now it literally runs like clock work and its the same multiboxers doing it over and over which makes it to easy for those who dont want to put any effort in. As long as mining ice remains a very low effort low risk activity the price will go down, thats supply and demand for you

Cool idea. And if most of the hi-sec miners quit? While we’re at this idea of not letting people live in one system, let’s remove nullsec anomalies and force people to roam around nullsec if they want to mine or farm.

It’s about the economy, not your pastime.

Ice has many uses, but the supply is out of control because it is too easy to park Orcas on every target and bump away all competitors.

They also could just remove Ice from High Sec.

Why is the focus on the supply and production of Ice?
Why is the focus not on consumption of Ice?

SKIN bpcs that need ice to make skins with.

Ssssmokin

But then when common sense prevails you have to wonder why a company who wants to build subscriber numbers would remove a feature that is actively enjoyed by numerous players.

Why? Because it is changes in the consumption of ice that lead to the drop in prices.

Over the years the consumption has gone up and down with various game changes, and the price of ice moved up and down with it. Currently it’s on a down.

“Why ice prices have dropped so low?”

Winter is coming…

–Gadget, dredging up old memes

2 Likes

If most the high sec miners quit youll have a gold mine, ice will be the highest price its ever been.

Perhaps. Won’t be good for the game though.

There are entire communities of players who solely mine ice for a living. The community ran by Mark O Helm of Gallente space for example. It also provides content in the form of the eternal war between ice miners and gankers, which is still going strong after all these years. Hi-sec ice mining is certainly a good content creator.

I don’t see losing this content being in any way good for the game or for player numbers.

This “content” is so minimal. Jita has vastly more “content” on a daily basis compared to this.