Why is everyone multiboxing so many accounts now

@Altara_Zemara
“Basic knowledge” is already vast and the complex nature of mechanics that varies from security sector to the next, ships stats, modules stats and their interactions, market and industry knowledge, politics… based on that then intermediate knowledge is even more complex and takes even longer to learn and master, let alone advanced knowledge. That, coupled with overall game difficulties plus it being multiplayer increase the complexity of it all.
Maybe it’s just me and I can accept my shortcomings but a game that is heavily multiboxed is in my opinion a very hard game by design.

Those claims are simply not true. According to CCPs own stats at the 2022 Fanfest the average player has 2.6 accounts and 4.3 characters. There’s no way you can get ‘heavily multiboxed’ out of that.

It’s a classic example of how you shouldn’t believe all the BS people spew on the forums…especially when the BS does not fit the actual data.

:rofl:

if it would be hard then multiboxing wouldn’t be possible.

I am sorry, but this data tells the exact opposite. Weekend warriors who play 2 hours a week total, casual who login once in the blue moon, new players in alpha state, and thousands of players who quit. If the average number of accounts is 2.6 despite, then the multiboxing is already prevailed way to play the game.

In the first place you are confusing multiple accounts with multiboxing. A person can have multiple accounts without ever multiboxing. There’s all sorts of reasons for multiple accounts. A person might want a real time scout, or want characters that are not in their main corp…so they can do their own thing. None of that has to do with the game being ‘hard’…it is simply people living different Eve ‘lives’.

1 Like

If by “average” they mean a median number of players then it is still a lot of players, about half by my reckoning of “average and median”.

An average has it’s weight. It isn’t negligible.

I don’t. But I can still go by my short experience with the game and conclude that it is a complex and hard game.

No it doesn’t. Data is data. Your ‘weekend warriors’…where’s your data on them ? Oh, you just made it up. Same with your ‘casual, who log in once in a blue moon’. None of that alters one iota the fact that the average player has 2.6 accounts. You are having to invent non-existent ‘data’ to get round that. The entire ‘problem’ is generated by people who ‘think’ certain things are the case but have zero evidence for it.

Par for the course on the forums !

It’s not really hard, but the activities that are being multiboxed are generally tedious, monotonous, annoying or otherwise menial tasks. Rewards are another issue. Most activities simply do not pay enough to involved more than your own characters.
Why would you subject other players to cyno duty on call or shuttling ore or ice from the belts to the structure and then come back repeatedly for hours. You can of course do that and chat with people, but you have to remember that you got to do this daily and not just once or twice every blue moon. Lots of these things that people multibox are not enjoyable or worth it with other actual players involved.

So you claim that these players don’t exists? Or that CPP filtered them in their stats?

Do you have evidence for that?

Your argument about “having more accounts != multiboxing” is good and you are right about that, but other than that, you are way too fixated to your own truth, or maybe you wear pink glassess and want to believe “it is fine” when the house is already burning. Idk, but you are not making sense.

Average also means a substantial number of players have less than 2.6 accounts. I don’t bother arguing over what words ‘mean’…as its always a sure sign someone wants to be dishonest when they have to start reaching for their personal dictionary rather than common usage.

Does that mean that those activities are multiboxed because they are too boring for one real player?

A multiplayer game with activities that are not enjoyable/worth it with other actual players? Isn’t that a failure on the game?

1 Like

Nah…it doesn’t work that way. You’re the one making the claim. It is thus incumbent upon you to provide the evidence.

I would not dispute that there is some element of effect in the points you make…but you have zero data on how much. And of course…its the Eve forums so people maximise unknown data to whatever extent serves their narrative…eh.

No it means ( as Hilmar, the creator of Eve has even said ) that the game deliberately encourages co-operation, groups, corporations, etc. The game is designed to make solo players feel threatened and powerless. It’s not a ‘failure’…it’s the deliberate intent of the game.

If people get past that via multiboxing, then so be it. Most choose to join corps to work with others. On the other hand, there are players who are so good solo that they don’t ‘need’ to multibox. It’s personal choice. Nobody ‘has’ to multibox to survive Eve or get a good killboard.

What nobody can explain to me is why multiboxing is considered a problem. Especially when it has zero actual effect on most of those complaining about it.

It doesn’t seem that the issue is game difficulty, judging by the replies. Although I think it is complicated and hard but that must be me.
It seems to be that the game is so tedious and boring for one account that players need to multibox a whole fleet all by themselves.

Not by making group activities “not enjoyable/woth it”

I didn’t post that making the game the way you describe it is a failure.
This is what was posted:

and that was my reply, as a question.

It wasn’t about how the game promotes group-play.

Noo…its actually the other way round, as you’ll find if you are ever asked to multibox in a fleet. Trying to keep up with a fleet warping 17 jumps while you are multiboxing 3 chars is a pain ( cudos to those who can warp 10 chars at a time ! ) , as is trying to aim all your chars at targets that get changed every 5 seconds. I can multibox but often I decline to in fleets because the workload is such that I generally do better solo boxing.

Ah…not content with your own personal dictionary you now want to re-define what stuff was ‘about’ even though the meaning of the original comment is plain to see.

It seems you’ve already got the hang of Eve forums !

No. Menial tasks are necessary for the basic functionality of the game. Those tasks are inherently unattractive. Take the cyno duty as example. Logistics people need to cyno around the cluster every day. Instead of ruining some other player’s limited time to play the game with on-call-availability for cynos in arcane places, they are being done by alts of the logistics players. Both players win: Logistics get done and all players can do what they like to do in the game. However, this doesn’t prevent you from asking other players for help with cynos or accept the help of corp/alliance members in that regard. You and they have options and that’s good.

Not for one player but for many players. As said, it’s not just the boring nature of some activities but the rewards as well. A 10/10 that doesn’t drop goodies, only gives you 123M for your work. IF you have to share this with other people, you make a lot less for the same amount of time invested.

1 Like

I was replying to this:

Don’t jump on me for asking a question about someone else’s comment.

It looks like you’re a pro, heavy weight champion of EVE forum’s toxicity. I don’t measure up so I will bow out of our convo and let you have the stage.

yes, this