Why is everyone multiboxing so many accounts now

Thanks to the career agents, you can get quite far without ever having mined or even built anything. The career agents give you free Ventures, free haulers, free frigates, free destroyers. There are a total of 60 career agents. If you do all of them, you end up with 108 free ships.

You can then use those free ships to rat in anomalies and L1/L2 missions and reprocess the loot to build ships and modules.

Remember in the scenario there is no industry, so there is no reprocessing, or building. I agree that under that circumstance you would have more access to ships, but again the only activity left is to go shoot people.

I mean you might be able to run missions if they edited the game so that there was just a reward structure that gave you fittings and loot to use on your ship, but there would be no trade, no market no anything. As economics and a market falls well into the “Industry” area.

They would have to redesign and rebuild the entire game from the ground up.

So then what about the players that have 3 alt accounts of up to 9 characters that have characters in a lot of areas of space? Many years ago when incursions were new I knew of many null sec players that would have incursion alts, before that it was L4 mission runners as well, or miners of ore and ice, or even wh dwellers, or current abyssal runners… but I digress, who would have their null alts logged in waiting for CTAs, defense fleets, roams, etc and play on their income producing alts while there werent targets or action for them to blow people up. Do you factor in this demographic in your calculations that span dual, triple or all areas of space that have one main in null and 2 alts in high sec?

If so who or what should gain the nerfs or buffs then? I do realize that there are many accounts/alts/characters in high sec space visually and numerically yet that doesnt mean they are solely high sec denizens without ties to many other areas of space and to think that just because you see the tip of the ice berg doesnt mean there is a lot below the surface that you do not see, particularly after 20 years of gameplay.

Just some food for thought.

I have 10 accounts. I have accounts in every area of space.

The issue is there are not enough actual “People”. Playing. To do much of the things we used to when there were actually 50k + living breathing bodies online at a time. Rather then a ton of alts.

So endeavoring to increase the population, and create policies and game changes which encourage that growth, are in my opinion the most important ones currently. if that means making EvE a bit safer… So be it. If it means actually banning these Bot’s So be it.

As long as it increases the actual population, and not simply adding more alt accounts.

CCP have been promising for years to ban the botters.

But I do wonder why it seems to have ground to a halt. Is it the change of tactics from the players using them, or a CCP change of policy?

If it’s a change of tactics by the players then CCP need to hire people intelligent enough to keep up.

If it’s a change of policy then I’ll certainly re-think my participation in the game and where my cash goes, there’s plenty of games out there.

There’s also plenty where I don’t have to pay £15.99 a month for the privilege of competing against bots and facing a losing battle.

You own your epithet when back in the real world CCP actually stated at Fanfest 2022 that the average Eve player has 2.6 accounts.

No…not ‘3 alt accounts’, as you dishonestly put it…but 2.6 accounts in total.

What school did you do maths at where ‘average’ means ‘most’ ? Did they teach that dinosaurs lived alongside humans as well ?

Did whatever wacky maths classes you attended teach you to deduce that all players are using all their characters all the time ? Maybe that was in the lesson that explained how 9 million species fitted on The Ark.

(There would actually be what is known as a Poisson distribution )

Nope…your appalling maths just gets worse. How does ‘2.6 accounts’ get to be ‘1 player + 3 alts’ ? Fact is, 2.6 accounts means the average player ( a concept you’ve already shown you don’t understand ) only has enough accounts to log in 2 chars at a time.

And once again, you are making the absurd assumption that all players are logging in all their accounts all the time…and you are missing the fact that a large portion of accounts will be those of Alphas who can’t log in twice.

Sheesh…what an appalling display of misinterpretation, mis-representation, and maths that would make even a toddler cringe.

carlin

Scott steiner approves of his math. (Wrestling skit)

2 Likes

Stop exaggerating, everyone knows you can get free destroyers from new player agents. It’s absurd to pretend we will ever run out of free ships.

2 Likes

More miners for you to gank lol You were one reason, of several reasons, that I moved to nulsec. Much safer there

That’s crazy, I can’t imagine having that many toons.

Your referring towards the bulldozer at the top of the learning curve for Eve Online?

Question for you then. If you are in every area of space what area of space would you favor in terms of CCPs investment of resources and time in development? And what area would you say is the area you play in, where you can choose only one area to claim as “home”?
I think by having multiple accounts/characters in many different areas it makes such things ambiguous.

Are you so naive as to think at the high points of Eves player count that it was truly 50K living breathing bodies online rather than the above mentioned alt accounts? Stating that at the high point there were more individual people around sure, Ill even support that logic, but to state that they are all individual and the issue is a current and new one is slightly disingenuous one to me.

That all being said Id love to see more players in eve too. I think the issue is more of one of naming conventions that make it appear more of an issue than it was before. Though many people have no way of naming so many characters usefully without the naming conventions of number 1, number 2, etc have gotten quite… silly.
To combat that it Id argue for an online name generator of some sort to be included in the character creation phase and a limit on same/duplicate names perhaps? As then at least you might be able to maintain the illusion of space appearing more “full” and vibrant, but certainly in 2006-2008 there were quite a few players with more than one account even back then.

Easy, the answer would have to be Jita

I kinda wish there was 3 separate forums with checks for your merit to even share an opinion.
1 for noobs.
1 for fanboys.
1 for people who have merit and actual experience running at least 1 trillion isk+ business in this game. (and let pure pvp guys join us too.)
CCP has no idea who to listen to and why even if you attempt to share.
We would all be better off.

I don’t know, Distaine. Maybe - just like us - they know perfectly well who is worth a read and who is not. Plus the ones who fall in between.

New posters/alts tend to either earn their read-worthiness or be dismissed out of hand. Mind you, that’s just my method. Whoops.

I’m sure that if it were the case we would be able to discuss multiboxing in Jita while being locked to the * fanboy* forum section.:popcorn:

// besides trying to split us all up now into three separate sub forms, just to discuss multi boxing makes me feel ill to the stomach when there are good threads that inspire us to continue and stay in the one place .

@Distaine you need to pull up those socks

3 Likes

Because that’s the only way a person can actually get anywhere, especially if they want to play solo and don’t want to be forced to join other groups.

1 Like

When was that? I would say yes if it was pre alpha clones. Sure there were players multiboxing, but it wasn’t all that common and it wasn’t officially endorsed back then. I remember only Jason Kusion having lots of accounts back then. I certainly don’t remember that peoples would be multiboxing incursions. An ordinary random player could get into public fleet for those at that time.

Things changed massively when CCP allowed to have more accounts on same email. That made multiboxing much more convenient. And that was around the alpha clones patch. Before that you would have to use unique email for each account which surely didn’t limit multiboxing, but made it much more inconvenient (especially at massive scale) and indicated that multiboxing is not completely “legal”.

After they changed it, it was clear message from CCP that multiboxing is fine and perfectly legal. And the number of players who multiboxed increased. Suddenly the belts were fulll of covetors/*hulks/procurers of players with very similar name.

The last spike of multiboxing was Homefront operations. Ever since they added this I see multiboxing flets of Exequrors, Ospreys and Augurors in every region I operate. Were these players multiboxing already and they simply changed content they run? Or did they start multiboxing anew? Who knows, but homfront multiboxers surely adds to the overall feel that “multiboxing is getting out of the hand”.

2 Likes

No need, they don’t read the forums at all. Forums is just playground for us when we can’t play or we are bored ingame.

1 Like

You really need to ask that question? Those are ccp player look alike bots designed to make it look like Eve has more active players than they really do. Just like in low sec, those roaming player pirates are not real people. And I say this because I tested the idea, and no player can react as fast as they did.

1 Like