Why is everyone multiboxing so many accounts now

Princess had mentioned something nonsense regarding “Get Out Of Highsec”

That’s when we think the space witch started acting all crazy like demanding 1b Isk per month or get out of highsec.

Multiboxers have multiple pilots and some act up more than others!

1 Like

It’s the same in another game I have played for many years, Dofus.

As more and more dungeon and mission content came out and it got harder and harder we had massive issues with players disconnecting mid run, or they’d have to leave because it was taking too long etc.

So it became difficult to guarantee a run would be completed and more and more players got frustrated with others taking too long on their turns, or making a wrong move.

So as said content got harder, more players made more accounts for themselves so they could avoid these issues, and as the population dropped on servers more players did exactly the same, made their own 8 man team to do the content hassle free, exactly what we’re seeing here except that in EVE it’s more a greed thing than a necessity.

In Dofus it’s about drops to mage/make better gear, in EVE it’s the accumulation of wealth that drives players along the multibox route.

But now some players with massively overmaged gears charge other players to run them through harder content :frowning:

But in EVE unless you’re willing to pay in cash, it’s a vicious circle, the more accounts you have, the more wealth you need to plex them, and so it goes on and on.

Unless CCP does something it’ll continue to go this way, especially with Alpha accounts which rumour has it, can easily be multiboxed now so you have an accumulation of wealth, with no outgoings.

Don’t be a tosser

/ …meaning tossing out false claims about multiboxers are a bunch of cheats!

Because the new management at CCP refuses to ban Mimic Users. Sure you can multibox, But hte gank fleets at ganks, a lot of the 20+ man ice fleets etc etc, are all obvious Botters, and even will admit to botting in local if asked.

In addition, it is because EvE only has a literal real body count of about 15,000 people. the rest are alts. It’s a dieing game for many reasons and looses about 1000 to 2000 people a year never to see them again.

One of the main reasons is that the vast majority of EvE’s population are the Industrial people who live in highsec. (You can disagree if you like, but that’s the facts.) The reason these individuals are leaving in droves is because industry has become well… Assinine. It’s not longer something you do for fun but something that you are required to do and only do when you have to and it’s a chore.

These people who build stuff in highsec are simply burnt out on CCP’s garbage.

Let me give you an example.

Lets say you want to build a carrier or dread for your alliance which is trying to take some lowsec. (or null). You look at the print and go cool not so many components awesome. Then you get into the nitty gritty and realize that those components requires you to get non industrial components from both pvp and combat zones, and you go ok my allaince can help with that… Then you also realize that those components you just got with your allainces help are only part of the requirement to build another component you need requireing a bunch of PI stuff, so your like cool we can do that, then once you have those components you notice you need to build another component which requires materials from all over the place, and to build it you need more materials from 50 more places.

By the time you have half of the materials for the carrier, your like man… screw this. Lets just do it in battleships.

Then you start to build battleships and notice… oh wait… the exact same crap.

At this point, you just decide industry is frakked and you’ll just buy the ships and stuff rather then even remotely bothering with building them. Then you notice as the months go by that all the prices are skyrocketing and supplies of these things are dwindleing…

Guess why? Because all those industrialists, are leaving the game rather then deal with this BS assinine piece of crap industrial system.

EvE is no longer a play it the way you want. CCP has ensured it’s a “Your gonna play it how we want”.

So people speak with their wallet and leave.

Carebears gonna Carebear.

CCP: Nuh uh you gonna pvp buoy or you aint buildin shite!.

Carebear: Oh really? “Cancels Account”.

3 years later, EvE is down to 15000 people from over 30k. (Live bodies not alts) the last CCP statistic I saw stated the average player has 3+ alts) EvE says there are currently 21,000 Active accounts online. You do the math. There are only about 7,000 Actual Players online.

2 Likes

It goes beyond this I feel, there are too many alliances, corporations when looking at the larger picture of New Eden

That’s right, this game should be balanced around Highsec industry.

:roll_eyes:

I love it when people read one sentence in a page full of words and immediately fixate on it completely ignoring everything else.

Just FYI, Industry is the core of EvE. If you were to remove it, the game could not exist. So yes, it is exceedingly important, and, since ya know 80% of all things built in EvE are literally built in highsec… You may want to consider that.

80% of the population also, lives in highsec. 15% live in lowsec (or a wormhole). and the other 5% live in null. When you make policies that target both the Core of EvE in a negative way, as well as 80% of the population (reguardless of why they live there). The result is always a bad one.

This is not my opinion, it is a repeated lesson CCP has failed to learn over the last 22 years, and these are simply facts not opinion’s. Coming from an Alpha player who has watched it all over the years.

I would not so easily dismiss Aiko’s comment on that part of your statement. She is a well-known and respected citizen of Highsec and quite aware of its composition, activity drivers and its place within the game. You can be sure that her succinct summary of your apparent view, is correct.

I take a view different from your own. I think (with nothing to prove it, alas) that CCP is on a path which will lead to a new game; big wars in Nullsec, fuelled by the efforts of folks such as yourself, beavering away in Highsec, with nothing to distract you but the occasional disconnect. Netflix subs will sky-rocket!

It is difficult to make an air-tight case for the existence either of Lowsec (in particular) or indeed of Wormhole space, without some genuinely original thinking. And it is here that I find myself in agreement with you.

The path is likely to be lengthy, and the steps of EVE’s designers to be, at times, uncertain. But I believe the destination is firmly on the map.

In the process, industrialists (snigger…) and gankers will both suffer reverses, until ultimately, we have the one-sided space-sim paradise you seem to crave.

Be patient, little Yasmin, the fairy god-mother has heard your tear-soaked prayers!

2 Likes

Oh god another sick fantasist.

Blocked.

Hi! :wave:

That’s not true. There are free corvettes in every station. You can even get infinite free destroyers from the agents, with no industry at all. That’s where I get all my catalysts, free and clear of industrial contamination. Industry serves no purpose or utility whatsoever.

Totally agree. I think it’s a byproduct of our RL society and the fact everyone has so much ISK these days.

People are SO lazy they don’t have that burning desire for vengeance. Products of social media and today’s upbringing (I sound old I know)

Then there is the economic side of things. Why get payback on someone when they make more ISK than you? Just wasting time at that point. Oh no I killed one of their ships… (well knowing they have the ISK to replace it hundred times over)

So how do you get revenge on people in EVE these days when pretty much the “bad guys” make x10 more, don’t care about emotional insults, and have no emotional attachment to any of their assets? I honestly don’t know and sadly I gave up in my own personal quest. My main enemy quit EVE ages ago so I guess I win via outliving them :joy: :joy:?

I tried to get vengeance… I realized it was too much ISK and they frankly don’t care if some mercs blew up a station.

Multiboxing amplifies everything I wrote here. No personal connection to anything. They make x10+ ISK you’ll ever make in the game and killing any of their assets is just a net loss for you. Why even try at this point? There is no butterfly effect and it is sadly dead and gone.

2 Likes

Nope they won eve

3 Likes

People keep making these comments without any actual evidence to back them up. Indeed, this entire non-issue is invariably based around what someone or other ‘thinks’ is the case. And that in turn is usually based around some gripe they have where they’ve convinced themselves of this or that alleged certainty. And, of course, once you get enough of these deluded people ranting away they self-reinforce each other.

Personally I wonder why people even care so much. None of this nonsense has ever affected my Eve. Why would I even care if NastyDude1 to NastyDude10 are all in some system I go through ? What actual difference does it make ? None, as far as I can see. I don’t suddenly change my behaviour just because Nastydude and his alts are in some system. I mean, I could go through the next system, where every char is named different, and they could all be alts of Nastydude for all I know. Was there a difference ? No.

But I guess people just have to go tilting at windmills.

1 Like

This is the reason why I feel the number of Alliances needs to begin to merge and I see a future where even NPC corporations are controlled by Alliances who control their regions.

2 Likes

My point to her was she missed my point entirely.

The sectors of EvE are irrelevant, however the actual player base is not, Generally as a company from a business prospective, you do not want to tick off or alienate your largest consumer base.

In this case, it is in fact highsec and whether you like it or not, the Carebears and Highseccers and Industrialists.

So yes. CCP should focus “More” on making THESE people happy. Instead of trying to force them into low and null where they do not want to go or play with their game changes. (And this is a stated goal from the dev’s on multiple occasions).

When you tell your largest Consumer base to go F itself, are you surprised when they go somewhere else and do business with another company?

Like it or not EvE is a business. And we the players are consumers. The vast majority of us, live in highsec. Alienating those people and telling them to go F themselves, is probably a very very bad idea, if your goal is to make money, and have the game last another 20 years. Since the vast majority of income to CCP, comes from these people.

These people keep the lights on and the servers running. So again Yes. CCP needs to focus more on giving these people what they want. More Often. Because in the scheme of things the other 20% are just hangers on.

1 Like

The evidence is the statistics given by CCP on a regular basis, and real world observation of activity level’s.

Let me do math for idiots for you:

~ CCP stated on average a player has 3+ Alternate accounts. (we will go with 3).

• This means the average player, meaning “Most” players have at least 3 alt accounts.

~ When you look at the launcher, and it says "21,000 Active Accounts online. This means, there are 21,000 “Active Accounts” online. NOT Individual people.

• Now, Take that 21,000 Active accounts and go, hmmm CCP said that pretty much most players have 3 Alt accounts they play with, so that means that if I see 21,000 accounts, only about 1/3 of those are actual players. You know because 7000 x 3 is 21,000…

And honestly I was being generous by giving it the 1/3 instead of the proper 1/4th, Since technically according to CCP’s information it should be calculated as 1 Player + 3 Alts Divided by 21,000, so 21,000 Divided by 4, which is 5,250, would be a more realistic number.

I went with 1/3, in order to give the benefit of the doubt that maybe there were more players online.

3 Likes

I have 4, Kusion has 20+, several other players I know have 10+. So, yes, the actual player count online at any given time is probably only 5k to 6k.

1 Like

That’s really reaching. As you can not play “most” of the content in EvE with just a corvette. Sure you can of course rat in highsec and pvp…

Ratting would only serve to give you ISK, which you now do not need as you have nothing to buy. Since there is no industry. As you said the corvette is free.

So essentially you now have a game where all you do is fly a single ship around highsec (because the rats will kill you anywhere else) and you can not do anomalies either because you’d die. So the only activity would be flying in a very limited space, and shooting other corvettes.

That is not and EvE anyone would play. And the game could not function or exist as it is built. If you remove industry, or the people who do it, EvE literally ceases to exist in a functional playable manner.

Also the prupose of 99% of all activity in EvE, beyond shooting another player, is literally built around getting materials for building crap. or “Industry”. So the entire game beyond “I shot you”, is about Industry which is literally required for everything including the bullets I shot you with.

And you and the OP and everyone else agreed that CCP can and will make changes that may in good and bad ways, alter how we play. We either adapt or say goodbye

3 Likes