Why is it everything CCP does seems half assed

And that is also the problem of star citizen, trying to appeal to all means 9000000h of dev work instead of 10k.

Trying to appeal to all is not efficient, rather stay true to something.

1 Like

Well, to some extent Star Citizen has similar issues to what EVE had. When people see something cool in a game, and it’s still in the process of “being shaped”, they’ll throw money at it hoping it’ll become the “game of their dreams”. I suspect Cloud Imperium Games is well aware of this and it’s one reason they’re keeping SC in a state of perpetual development.

This is particularly noticeable in niche areas (like space economy/combat, or like Mechwarrior Online) because the players don’t have a lot of other options to scratch their itch.

However, once players begin to perceive that the game is “fully formed and known”, and that it doesn’t in fact match their needs, they start to turn away from it. That’s actually one of the primary reasons for the declining player base here at EVE - CCP gave up on new development for it a decade ago, and players have been deciding ever since that it’s never going to become what they hoped it would.

5 Likes

It is the reason people pay there. Partially is to see more spaceships or redesigns. Something what CCP stopped doing. Like, why they dont redesign Imicus? Why they dont add more edencom and triglavian ships? Why not new pirate faction, caldari-minmatar one, with own epic arc? What stops them?

Because they know you want them to and refuse to simply on that principle. :stuck_out_tongue: :smiling_imp: :psyccp:

2 Likes

It’s half ass’d because they are listening to the CSM rather than the 99.99% of other players. The CSM members have a massively skewed perspective on the game, and do not have your interests at heart.
Raising prices was the coffin nail.

1 Like

@Brisc_Rubal and former csm @Mike_Azariah can tell you that ccp does not listen to them all the time

4 Likes

Yes, yes, it was our idea for them to raise prices. I totally forgot.

4 Likes

CCP had issues for YEARS before the term woke was ever coined and have everything to do with bad upper management decisions rather than your alleged “diversity and woke agenda”.

The hiring of ONE low-level developer does not a corporate philosophy make.

Anyway, what’s so wrong with diversity? With the falling player numbers one would think you’d welcome some new blood and fresh perspectives. Oh well, I guess “woke and diverse” money doesn’t spend the same as yours, huh?

4 Likes

They just think a young person with dyed hair is a threat because they are utterly insecure.

1 Like

I’m so disgusted that CCP was going to listen to 99.9% of the players and bring about space utopia…and then the CSM convinced them to raise prices instead. Damn you CSM!

1 Like

Finish the trig line of ships:
Command battle cruisers
Marauders
Carriers
Fax
Titan
Haw guns for the dred

Mon ccp get ur finger out.

Poke ur FW crap

Removed some inappropriate posts.

1 Like

Half the reason people are posting angry posts is ccp are doing nothing or at least look like and sound like there doing nothing. And what they do do nobody cares. Or worse hates it.

Yeah its amazing nerf their reason for playing (isk) and they get angry.

Its not space dentistry

Krabs gotta krab

Everything? I disagree. When they decide to make a play for our irl wallets they go all in.

1 Like

Signal Cartel is also known gankers and griefers who use other corp to do dirty work.

Ok this is the second time I have seen you post this. As a big fan of conspiracy theories and wild internet ramblings, I would love to hear more about this theory.

“FW update is coming and it will not be half assed have patience.”

This comment is up there with…

“And yes, we are announcing big content updates for Fanfest. It’s the largest one probably that we’ve ever done.” - CCP Paragon

I honestly think the the tools are in place for an integrated and dynamic rewards system, but for it work well the developers need a good long lead time to get stuff in place to accommodate the direction the player base takes it. DMs know what I mean.
It is a tiresome attenuation of interminable internal pressure and excruciating external circumstances.
Anxious to see what snaps first.

Grats on being the muppet to necro this nonesense.