Why is /r/eve still a partner?

Sorry - why do you want to put off new players from starting to play? And why should CCP support a site that has that affect?

1 Like

So a bunch of Eve players on Reddit share their opinion on that platform and your answer isā€¦ censure them because you donā€™t like their opinions?

Is this for reals?

In the past few days Iā€™ve seen so many players advocating for, or trying to enforce different forms of censure on other players opinionsā€¦ wtf is going on??

I hope itā€™s just some hardcore Caldari corpo role play, and not the awakening of some ignorant dictator genesā€¦

4 Likes

Carebears.

1 Like

Either that or people who donā€™t respect other peopleā€™s choices how to play the game and try and brow beat them to log off forever for the lols and salt .

You get intimidated by a reddit sub forum?

Itā€™s a good thing to have independent sources of communication / idea exchange as others have suggested, as this offers a freedom from the kind of ā€œchilling effectā€ posting under an account linked to your in-game activities can have.

However, it does also seem to offer the natural rebuttal to that freedom, in that people will often go on unhinged rants and endlessly cycle the same thoughts in the Reddit echo chamber, each time amplifying their own dissatisfaction and bringing someone else along for the ride.

I donā€™t like the idea of crossover events as it seems to me that it is essentially downplaying the lore and creativity already existing within the game. However, I can also see why such an event would be tempting from a marketing perspective and could potentially have a positive effect on the game as a whole.

The level of reeeee being expressed over on the reddits makes these forums look sane and reasonable for a change, which is a pretty damning state of affairs. Thereā€™s yet another rage-boner thread there where people are competing to make up the biggest amount of cancelled subs for fake internet points. These things are obviously not having a positive effect on peopleā€™s enjoyment of the game!

I would go so far as Vinnie here - sorry chief, but I ainā€™t no snitch - but I can see that this is a conversation that will be being had at CCP towers right now. Iā€™d advise against it, frankly - would be disastrous PR. But itā€™s a conversation that needs to be had from their side, for sure.

2 Likes

nope.

Devs make choices that people dislike - salt.

2 Likes

Spoken like a true tyrant at heart, seeking to oppress all opposition to the regime.

5 Likes

spoken like a true child at heart, seeking to oppress all opposition to his delusions

3 Likes

The image presented by the forums is the heavily censored version that the developers, and ISD, their dutiful proxies, want the wider world to see.

The image present on r/eve is what the game is without the window polish and heavy hand on moderation tools.

If the prospective player canā€™t handle r/eve, they would not be equipped to last long in eve. This isnā€™t like other games and the faster that point is conveyed the better so as to not create a false expectation in the mind of the prospective player.

3 Likes

Does anyone on the reddit actually play EvE?

3 Likes

YES!!! LETā€™S CANCEL R/EVE!!!

EDIT: We should de-platform anyone that says things we donā€™t approve or even if we kind of understand it is supported by any group we dislikeā€¦

We only need one narrativeā€¦ all the rest should be canceled!

6 Likes

Hilmar. CCP Burger. CCP Rattati.

2 Likes

bingo. thereā€™s the keyword.

Heā€™s going to call us names because we donā€™t go along with the ideological push to destroy every popular franchise.

yes, next question.

/thread

another idiot that speaks for everyone! there are plenty of people on that sub that are there for no other reason to cry and whine and spread hate! it really is pathetic! angry, pathetic, losers!

Most MMOā€™s donā€™t have passionate whiners. Most players are either happy, or they unsub and move on.

A newbro is gonna have to wonder what has them so hooked they canā€™t let go even when theyā€™re having so many things go wrong for them.

Sounds like r/eve gives the trolls somewhere to troll. Cancel it and theyā€™d all come back over here to the forums.

most games dont build up a giant fan base and then kick all the legs out from under the table.

the newbro should understand that weā€™re hooked on what eve was. Before Dr Who advertisements and economic austerity was added to the game.

2 Likes

Hookers. You are hookers, now get ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– .