Hello again, after a long time.
Over the past months I focused on learning how to avoid PvP instead of feeding it. In the process, I improved a lot — both mechanically and mentally. And I came to a simple realization: at the level I’m at now, losing one or two Rattlesnakes is not some catastrophic event. It’s pocket change compared to what I’ve learned.
I sometimes read the forum threads that used to frustrate me. Posts that once felt arrogant or unnecessarily harsh now make perfect sense. Not because I suddenly agree with everything — but because I finally understand the mindset behind them.
The Carrier idea I talked about before wasn’t about dominance. It was about control. My thinking was: “If I get caught 1 vs 2, at least I can escalate.” But now I see something more important — if you actually pay attention, you don’t have to escalate at all. You don’t have to fight. You don’t even have to be content for someone else.
Yes, I want PvP. But let’s be honest — much of EVE’s PvP culture revolves around opportunism dressed up as skill. Blobs, bait, cynos, third parties — then people call it “elite gameplay.” That mentality doesn’t impress me anymore.
Right now, I’m in a position where I choose my engagements. And that feels far more powerful than forcing fights just to prove something.
Fly dangerous — or fly smart. I know which one I prefer.