Me too…though when I was a noob I recall the prospect of ever fitting one was incomprehensible. Not in the least bit intuitive. I had to steal someone else’s fitting for my Loki….as it would have taken months to discover how good a sniping ship a Loki is, for example. It’s probably one of the best examples of the game being ‘so complicated’.
Looks like a pretty standard, cheap, gank-fit nado to me.
That is pretty standard Tornado…..but here’s the issue. That ship has to be exactly in line with the the undocking path of any ship in order to gank it….as the slightest traversal can reduce the potential 15K alpha hugely. That is why you often see Tornados either exactly ‘behind’ the station at Jita or directly in front of the main undocking opening.
And even then, the full 15K alpha is seldom managed. Its why I generally use a Loki for suspect hunting at Jita rather than a Tornado….as the Loki ‘only’ has around 6K alpha but far better tracking and chance of all of that being applied. Also the Loki has half the re-cycle time of the Tornado, which means that in the same time interval it can actually fire off 12K of alpha.
Are you sure you’re using the Damage Per Second and Alpha Strike terminology correct?
Probably not. I have corrected it.
It’s my first time being eaten by one ![]()
Lokis are quite a bit more expensive tho.
For suicide ganking the Alpha/ISK metric is the one to care about.
Well actually the damage delivered in the time it takes CONCORD to arrive/ISK
Maybe a polarised Talos?
In this case I guess a max of about 6k is needed.
If you’re “working” the station in a serious way I imagine youd have a number of different ships positioned for different types of ship, and alts scattered around picking targets.
If you sit alts at gates in the right systems, like Uedama, and you see a Viator pass through you can deduce that this player is moving something small, but wanted to keep it safe, so it must have value and must have come from somewhere relatively unsafe. Especially if you scan it. Then you’ve got the time it takes the Viator to get to Jita (where you can safely assume it might go) to prepare, so you’d get the right ship in the right place, and wait.
For all I know, the pilot could have Lokis out, but using them for other targets.

