Why is this community so toxic?

Scientology is toxic irl so is code but they’re actively encouraged here

Theft gets you jail irl but not here?

Why?

I see Leo, I upvote.

2 Likes

Because it’s just a game…

6 Likes

Because you’d have to be pretty damn stupid to confuse real life with a game…

12 Likes

Thank you for completely nullifying your opinions and reasoning, on anything EVE related.

6 Likes

The forums are quite toxic and full of trolls. I don’t have an answer as to why. My first thought would be that the game is full of immature juveniles who by nature enjoy trolling, being “smart alleck,” wisecracking everything you say, derailing threads and topics, giving personal insults, etc. Except… as far as I know the game’s demographics are more adult rather than children? I guess the game could be majority adult yet still have a majority of immature juveniles dominating the forums.

2 Likes

Comparing RL to Eve is stupid and that’s a definitive statement.

2 Likes

The carebears in this game have it too easy and it breeds toxicity

4 Likes

It’s kinda ironic that in a thread about toxicity, the vast majority are answering civilly and in a mature tone…then there is your post.

trolls
immature juveniles
enjoy trolling
smart alleck
derailing
personal insults
majority of immature juveniles

:thinking:

5 Likes

I would recommend that you spend some time in rookie help chat.

Eve is famous for its community and not just for toxicity.

But if you are already calling us fascists? Yeah I am not sure this game is the right one for you . . . and that is ok, too. We will shoot each other because it is a pvp game, we will take advantage in battle and yes even try to trick you now and again.

welcome to eve, or so long . . . . we hardly knew ye.

m

11 Likes

EVE has spent a decade and a half advertising itself as, effectively, “the game where you can be the bad guy”, the game where the tears of the weak are harvested regularly by the strong and the ruthless.

It’s no wonder that over time it’s attracted more than it’s fair share of maladjusted misanthropes, who need an outlet where they can at least pretend they’re kinda badass and strong - mostly by provoking other people into anger or frustration.

A lot of those people aren’t even all that good at provoking these things in-game, so they take it to the forums instead where they drop 30 toxic replies a day because it’s easier than finding a fight they can win in-game. Some of them are pro-PvP, some of them are anti-PvP, but they’re all pretty much habitually toxic because it’s the only way they know for garnering attention.

So long as they can get someone to argue with them, they feel important. Given the nature of EVE and the length of time it’s had to attract every troll who wants to give it a whirl, it’s actually quite astonishing that you only see a couple dozen of them on a regular basis.

The trolling you see on forums and occasionally in the game is just a good reminder that there’s thousands of players and forum goers on right now who have better manners. Just ignore the drama addicts and move on.

4 Likes

Viewed all the videos, didn’t appreciate Britney’s artistry until now.

Previous posts have more or less covered the scope of the topic.

Good luck in finding a seemingly non-toxic, benevolent community in RL that isn’t a cult.

If you become a solo player you’ll become more inured to all of this.

I’ve got a buzz on, so take of this what you will…

We are glad you decided to contribute to toxicity of this community!

4 Likes

I concur.

Problem is, as long as the carebears,
the helpless,
the escapists,
the lazy and
those with a serious lack of self responsibility will keep whining,
things simply aren’t going to change.

The more CCP caters to the mainstream, the worse the situation will become. They will also more and more attempt to make it look like we are the toxic ones, ignoring that it’s them who actually cause the toxic situations in the first place.

The toxic ones aren’t those who have enough of this ■■■■. If you could find a thread, where the thread opener actually tries listening and learning, you’d notice a significant difference. Problem with that is that most threads are made by self entitled whiners who can not ever accept being wrong.

That’s why we’re having the status quo. A lot of adults who simply have enough of the ■■■■ of people who are adults only in terms of age and looks, but not in terms of intellect or behaviour.

Yeah. That idiot not only can’t spell it right,
he doesn’t even really now what the ■■■■ he is talking about.

3 Likes

Hm … ok.
Thanks for the feedback. I don’t know why some of you play this GAME, but I guess it’s not for the same reasons I do. So be it.
After doing some research I found a forum with quite some helpful tips and tricks that a users actually can browse through without so much hate und non-relevant “information”.
Thanks again and bye, shoot you in 0.0.

1 Like

Yes, it’s wonderful. It’s part of the game. If you don’t like that you have the option to play any other game that hasn’t this on the feature list.

5 Likes

Vote for closing … why the ■■■■ can’t I close my own thread?!

1 Like

Please allow me to help you.

• Close thread.
  • Don’t close thread.

0 voters

This should work! You have to vote for “close” and others have to agree with you.

2 Likes

If you are lucky, an ISD volunteer might see this and lock it on your behalf, since you, the OP, are requesting it. Which could be a good idea. Talking about the forums being toxic can bring out various trolls, some of who get all their entertainment from promoting forum arguments.

1 Like