Why isn't "carebear" labeled as derogatory language yet?

1 Like

Lets not jump the gun and start taking away free speech over hypotheticals.

1 Like

But daaaad, that’s the best part of tyranny!

1 Like

Free speech. Heh, funny.

1 Like

As amusing as this thread has not been.
Any post that was incitement has been flagged .
I’m sure I don’t need to say that we should stay on topic here,
without the use of derogatory flamebait or violating terms of service of the forums
to berate anyone.

Enjoy!

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Oh boy… If you think this is bad, you are in for a real shock when you start an actual contentious topic. Though I suspect you are just another temp and you know full well what you started with your OP. Fortunately the regulars knew enough not to take it seriously. For a change.

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

2 Likes

Ew. A carebear and a snitch and a troll?

The trifecta indeed :smiley:

2 Likes

Remembered to take the pills today!

But carebears are crunc cuddly, fluffy and made of flowers and everything nice!

1 Like

Reported @Vin_Vao for griefing.

1 Like

Imagine getting triggered because of some made up word that some fake internet person called you based on your preferred or current activity in a terrible video game.

How pathetic.

1 Like

Getting triggered is like a hobby for some people.

9 Likes

OMG, I’m so sorry! I had no idea you had Turret’s Syndrome! And here I thought you were just evil.

Well, no more, Destiny, from now on, I’ve got your back!

Whoops, sorry, weapon malfunction, didn’t mean to shoot you there. Won’t happen aga…
Whoops! Darn, these bloody weapons…
Whoops!

6 Likes

for the same reasons as pirate and gankers are not classified as such…

the world needs to stop with its mostly toxic cancelation ideology…

2 Likes

Let’s change the terms we use for different play styles / states of being and implement a culture of cooperation, warmth, and acceptance in EVE.

Here are my suggestions for new terminology:
carebear = player
nullbear = dangerous player
gankbear = pirate
f1 monkey = elite player
troll = misguided player

1 Like

@CCP_Swift check out the level of toxicity from the community of players here that believe derogatory remarks should be continued to be used.

@Vin_Vao Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt me.

1 Like

There is nothing derogatory about carebears.

why do you find it so offensive. quit being offended by every thing that other people do… mind your own business… if you are offended, keep it to yourself. no need to shout out to the world that your feelings matter, when in fact, they really don’t.

4 Likes

Sticks and stones may break my bones but words will never hurt.

I will never understand why people get so worked up over words spoken on the internet. It’s the fuckin internet for crying out loud. You don’t like it, close it down and go outside and enjoy nature or do something else. People these days are too soft and need to stop taking everything so literally.

Yeah, we should all be a little nicer, but words are just words. Especially on the internet. You wanna call me a buncha names, go for it. Unless I know you, your words mean nothing to me. Words should mean nothing to you unless they’re coming from someone you respect. Otherwise they are meaningless.

5 Likes

I disagree with the assertion that it is inherently derogatory. I’ve heard people self-describe themselves as carebears, and I find it’s much easier to say “carebear” than say “players that primarily engage in PvE”.

Some people will, of course, use it to denigrate others. But they will do that regardless of whether or not you ban the word.

Anyway, if someone is breaking the EULA, or being a toxic POS, report them. But maybe lets not go full on woke round hyar.

Why does it have to be a “Manticore?” Why can’t it be a “Womanticore?”

1 Like