Why merging LP shops is the good thing?

I heard somewhere that after the race campains will be over there will be merging of LP shops (faction with pirate faction, like Syndicate).
Question - is it true :red_question_mark:
And if yes - who will benefit from it, and, in general, which consequenses it will bring forth?
My thoughts:

  • pirate LP will be the same value as fw race LP (approx. x1-1.2 from x2-2.6, so twice as lower)
  • thus, making people who has build their ingame economy on it TO MAKE the choice:
    • don’t change anything and accept new rules (decreasing their isk/hour twicely)
    • migrate to WH space for longer ISK
    • engage in FW with even MORE multiboxing accounts than it currently have
    • crusade into sov-null to get their piece of land (rather unlikely)
    • join current sov-null entities as slaves and rightless thralls
    • your option?

What do you think?
Thanks! Peace!

1 Like

First I’m hearing of this.

1 Like

CCP has a habit of taking things that used to be different and making them all the same so that they can be easily understood and balanced by newer replacement inferior developers.

But I highly doubt this would be true because when you equalize all things in currency it becomes one and then remove all reasons to have created differences in the first place. This means all factions in the game would become irrelevant. Is AI this stupid, yes. Was blizzard this stupid a few times, yes. Is CCP this stupid? Fk No.

I don’t do PVE so I can’t really answer any other questions… But I do understand economics and video games very well.

1 Like

Where did you hear this? Or did you hear about the Caldari campaign goal, and extrapolated that to extend to all the non-empire LP stores? For now they’re only planning to do this to the Syndicate LP stores, which will join the Caldari faction. But the effect won’t be to directly reduce the value of Syndicate LP, that will only happen as a side effect of higher-level Syndicate agents becoming more accessible since you’ll no longer need to raise each Syndicate standing, but rather can rely on your Caldari faction standing. Significant numbers of players would need to actually move out to the Syndicate region to start farming missions to make a dent in the value of this LP, which is a good thing since it’s more opportunity for PvP.

I don’t know why we can’t trade/convert LP yet.

I thought there was whole corps whose entire thing was trading LP.

“Trading” is generous. You basically tell them what you want bought and they spend their LP in exchange for ISK. I mean actually converting LP from one to another (even at a loss) and being able to trade actual LP from one character or corporation to another.

1 Like

“There is an option with your LP inside the wallet to donate it to a corporation. Your buyer will indicate a corporation they want you to donate to. Some buyers may have you convert your Concord LP into another LP prior to donation, but all monetary calculations are done off Concord. Once selected, you donate it to the buyer’s corporation. After they receive it, they send you the ISK.”

I have not done this, but it seems to be possible, and thus I assume there’s LP traders who make use of this feature to trade LP for ISK, or ISK for LP.

Yeah, but what I’m referring to is player-player trades, ie: the same way you give money, PLEX, etc.

I was informed, some time ago, that LP for small corps is completely useless. The current corp where I reside is just 3 or 4 people and we don’t have an alliance. If the CEO cannot do anything with LP for the the benefit of the corp, it is apparently junk currency.

1 Like

Surely there should be some distinguishing features to make LP different from ISK, otherwise what’s the point? Just switch LP Stores to ISK and buff the ISK payout of missions.

Personally I don’t think LP should be tradeable, it should reside with the character that earned it. Or maybe only some corps let you trade it, like the Federal Intelligence Office insist it can only be redeemed by the pilot who earned it, but the Sister’s of Eve are more relaxed and allow you to trade it.

Or you need a certain standing with the corp to hand it in.

1 Like

I think you should be able to trade it in then - even at a loss, ie: 50%.

How very vanilla of you.

How about no. Lowsec/nullsec exclusive LP stores with unique faction items, such as ORE and Syndicate, exist, and letting us trade LP for LP would massively devalue those items because people would trade comparatively worthless highsec LP gained in complete safety (assuming a mining permit was purchased beforehand, of course) for the valuable LP whose acquisition comes with a degree of risk, while also spiking the cost of faction ammo like IN Multifrequency, which are already significantly pricier than tech 2 ammos to begin with (and generally not half as good, laser crystals kind of stand out here).

2 Likes

How about you consider what I suggested, which was to allow players to trade LP between each other. I don’t care about corporations, redeeming one type of LP for another, etc.

Just the simple ability to trade LP back and forth between players. Players can set their own ratios or values accordingly.

Anyway, OP’s post was about merging LP shops. Other than Intaki (?) I’m not sure if I’ve read anything else.

If you run one-man-corp with multiple characters you can donate and receive LPs from any entity, thus making LP trading possible.
Can’t see downsides with it except that currently there is no in-game log for LPs transactions, so it’s impossible refer to certain operation unless you’ve recorded the corp’s LP balance elsewhere.