Why newbies don't stay

To scew noobs. Also easier To learn this game when your learning from someone with thé same skill seul as yourself

I don’t necessarily mean its a steep learning curve, but more that players aren’t able to find their role because they have already been taken by more experienced and skilled (sp) players.

How does that work? Newbies rarely know enough about Eve to teach their fellow newbies anything at all.

Them being newbies and all that.

1 Like

Taken? So a new player can’t be a miner, hauler, ratter, etc because the role is taken?

That smacks of “Special Snowflake Syndrome” :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

People that will be successful in a game like eve will figure it out and be successful if given the chance.
Being told do this or that does allow people to develop as much.
New players need and opportunity to play with and compete against new players for a time. Not forced to, if they chose to just jump in then its up to them if they sink or swim, but they should have a chance to learn things first.

1 Like

Taking exploration part out of actually exploring is dumb. Justifiing this by “competition” is even dumber. There was nothing wrong with old system. There already was competition especially in caldari hs. Now it’s just grind what’s left.

1 Like

I learned with noobs, had a great time. And alot less intimidating doing noob errors

2 Likes

Figuring it out as you go along is all well and good if you’re willing to admit your mistakes and learn from them.

The main problems with that approach are twofold.

Some are incapable of admitting to and/or learning from their mistakes, and refuse to listen to those that point out the mistakes that they’re making. This is as true in Eve as it is in real life and is normally a matter of ego, not ignorance.

Other new players that don’t fall into the above group don’t know that they’re making mistakes, and neither do the majority of other new players; mostly through ignorance. This is where experienced players come in and spread their decades of collective experience and knowledge.

We welcome the latter and will gladly share our knowledge and experience, the former can go back to whatever theme park they escaped from in the first place.

2 Likes

The players who stick for the long haul, never asked for guidance. Those who ask will quit sooner than later regardless of the level of hand-holding you offer to them.

2 Likes

I dont agree To à certain point. Who cares if You scène up as à noob

1 Like

The phrase “the blind leading the blind” springs to mind.

1 Like

Scew that

1 Like

EVE is for self starters.

/thread
/topic

1 Like

Indeed, but there’s no harm in giving them a leg up. :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

Some people are incapable without question and they will never make it in Eve no matter what anyone or CCP does. Players learn that they make mistakes when space pixels blowup. They learn or Eve is not for them.
I am not disagreeing with what you are saying except that I believe that new players will stay longer if they are allowed to learn rather than being taught.

1 Like

I don’t agree with that.

EVE gained a certain pool of players as-is, but the retention rate has always been terrible, and having more players means more content of all sorts. Just because you and me didn’t need it back in 1875 doesn’t mean an average gamer in 2019 wouldn’t expect a bit more from a game they give a whirl.

And then, when we started back then, the game was simpler.
No alternatives + not too much to do = roll with it.
But this formula doesn’t work anymore, because EVE changed, and so did the gaming market.

1 Like

Not at all:

Having fun learning this game. Not having à dictator telling you what You can or cant do.

2 Likes

EVE isn’t for these people, they are emotionally weak and quit at the first sign of defeat. They are unable to pick themselves up, dust off, learn and try again.

1 Like

Drop of water… meet Ocean. Now press F1 and wake up when the fk we tell you to. YAY SO FUN!!!