Why so dangerous?

ROFLMAO. For the record, he’s flagging my posts as “spam” now… :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

This is so true. Let’s for example take mining in highsec. You can make it like 99.9% save by just picking the right hull. You can even ask people and they will tell you which one. When it comes to “difficulty” I can’t even think about another game that has such a low bar from the top of my head. And STILL people are complaining it is to “dangerous”…

Multi-player ships literally break Eve, I forget the dev post but it’s a technical impossibility without an ungodly amount of rewriting. Which isn’t feasible for such a small thing that most people don’t want anyways. Lastly, I’m up to 5 alts. If ships became multi-player, I’d just roll a few more alts. Proof of concept, all the real powerbloc alliances (test, goons, nc., etc) all require dedicated fax alts ready to drop if directed to log in.

CCP’s chaos changes are not so bad. They had to change things, it was getting too stagnant. Things like the local blackout. Things like cynos. Getting hot-dropped by a capital fleet just got a whole lot harder. In most cases, a T1 roam can just kill the recon before they welp and still come out isk-positive.

Giving battleships bigger guns is absolutely something I’d support. But I’d be far more inclined to remove subcaps from capital’s engagement threshold. It should be that subcaps can whittle down capitals, and capitals can whittle down subcaps, but player for player, the subs should come out on top (and I’m of course assuming both fleets are proper comps with logi).

They’re still allowed to play their way. It’ll just involve a little extra exploding lol.

From a design point of view, actually, CCP should create/change mechanics in such a way that players are able to:

• Create chaos
  • Avoid chaos
  • Profit from chaos
  • Reduce the negative impact of chaos
  • See chaos happening and decide whether to jump on the bandwagon or run for the hills

In general, the original “content creators” (game designers) at CCP created a game with a lot of possibility and chaos. Then they turfed those guys out, because hey, chaos is disruptive and who wants a stressful workplace, amirite?

Ever since the early years, CCP has pretty much been Hellmar’s personal vanity project and ego stroking facility. As long as the subs keep renewing and he can indulge his whims, hire a bunch of yes-men and groupthinkers, and shut down anyone who calls for a reality check, he doesn’t actually need to add “interesting chaos” to the game. He can just talk about it and then okay some minimal change that looks like they’re doing something.

Truly interesting chaos will happen when/if they get someone in the decision/design process who understands the interplay between what players want to do and what they actually will do (or can afford to do), and the processes needed to support those choices.

EVE could be ‘safer’ and still be deadly dull. It could also be ‘more dangerous’ and still be fun for many more players than it is now. Guess which way the current decision makers will take it?

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

― Sun Tzu, The Art of War

so people, have a read, take the advice.

2 Likes

No thread would be complete without several paragraphs of inane input from good ol’ DMC.

Alot of folks seemed to have missed the tag line that “EvE is hard” ( or at least meant to be)

1 Like

Yeah, as soon as CCP made freighter bumping so it was no longer totally consequence free most of them gave up, don’t they understand that Eve is meant to be hard?

For the hard of hearing, or just plain dense, run along to Zkill then go Menu and select ganked.

14th September shows the last freighter gank, 4 days ago. Kusion had his last freighter gank on 8th, ten days ago… Racknar has disappeared completely and said he was stopping in the Minerbumping chat channel, which coincided with the change.

Eve is supposed to be hard, but they don’t like it when it is a little bit harder, moving from no consequence to a piddling consequence. Seriously the HTFU players showing that they are full of hot air.

When the going gets tough (slightly more difficult), the gankers run away!!!

I smell meta gaming bullshite to try to get a buff, how pathetic.

Doubly pathetic… Attention seeking by mis-using the flag system, how unoriginal and lame…

1 Like

Freighter are still dropping like flies in HS…119 so far this month.

More lies…

EIDT: Seems KB’s stats totals are not limited to the area you have filtered for…that 119 is for all NE.

I can count 10 since patch (10 sep) and 42 total for this month, not sure where you found 119

1 Like

I was going by the stats but I’m guessing that even if you filter for HS those totals are for all NE…

A manual count shows 104 for August…so it looks like a drop of about 1 per day…

“the gankers run away”
LOL…even after an edit he is still lying…lol…

I smell meta gaming bullshite to try to get a buff, how pathetic.

That’s just your desperation you’re smelling…

No clue what are you talking about.
There are 32 HS freighter losses for first 9 days of September (1 - 9) and 10 losses for last 9 days (10 - 18, after bumping patch).

1 Like

I said it was wrong…what part of that don’t you get? Did you look at the stats page?

Bunch of PR bullshiet

2 Likes

Amen.

1 Like

lol, the really messed up thing about that - all the ones who keep insisting that’s an Official CCP statement have obviously missed his opening statement:

Okay, so what follows is entirely my personal opinion.

1 Like

I posted that, and in no way did I portray it as an official statement; in fact I did the exact opposite and clearly stated that it was an opinion.

CCP Falcon wrote, and I believe his opinion reflects that of CCP in general:

Wow. Drac, DMC and the rest of the “Soften-the-****-Up” crowd are sure in a tizzy.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.