Why so dangerous?

See? You keep confusing me implying you’re defending something with me implying you did actually say it, just like you did in your last reply.

Not to mention in this case I could be referring to things you’ve indeed said in other threads, not necessarily here…

Again, where?

You know damn well you did but I’ll go through your frackin’ wall of text and point out where you did.

That right there is a lie, nowhere did I say anything about nerfing suicide ganking or anything else … bla bla bla.

Again, nowhere did I say anything about changing game mechanics.

More bull from you implying I said high sec should be safer, plus implying that I get ganked

You constantly trying to portray my statements out of context and then imply something that isn’t happening is a lie, typical troll response. I’m done wasting my time dealing with people who do that.

Here, have some :cheese: to go with your whine.

1 Like

Again, why would it matter whether you did actually explicitly say that or not if you were defending it and it was someone else who said or implied it instead? You think which posts you like and the way you reply to other people’s replies to those posts is irrelevant or what?

You liked Punctator’s posts where he was whining to no end and explicitly crying for suicide ganking nerfs. You did explicitly whine yourself about how “those ‘penalties’ are nothing more than a slight inconvenience for most gankers” and the suicide ganking mechanics being imbalanced, with a bunch of nonsense that clearly showed you have no idea about those things and were talking purely out of gut feelings.

Again, why would it matter whether you did explicitly whine asking for those suicide ganking nerfs yourself or it was someone else who did in this case and you were pathetically trying to support him? You think everybody here is stupid or what?

I did imply and maintain that you were indeed defending that here and do regularly do that, explicitly or not, in many of your posts in other threads. Whether you did explicitly say it or not in this case is irrelevant (to me at least).

That I did not say nor imply. I have no idea, nor do I care. The advice I gave about how to fly to avoid being ganked was generic, not addressed specifically at you, and nowhere does it imply anyone has been ganked before.

Dude, your sense of perception is warped, I didn’t do any whining nor did I defend anyone or anything, stop projecting what you want to see and start looking at what’s actually written. Stop dissecting statements with selective quoting to portray them out of context in an attempt to imply something totally different that what was actually stated.

I tried to have a convo with you and you got all snippy and started doing that crap, just like your doing now. Like I said earlier, I’m done dealing with people like you who constantly do that.

And so fracking what if I gave his posts a like, it’s none of your damn business who I give Likes to. Now stop posting your damn lies and leave me alone.

1 Like

Sorry this appears to be news to you, but what you do explicitly say is not the only way you give information to others about yourself, your intentions and your motivations. Stuff such as the way you say those things, the things you don’t say, and the things you do, matter too. It’s not my fault that you seem to lack some self-awareness there.

I do dissect statements, and will continue doing so, but I never do selective quoting to portray anything out of context, nor have I implied anything different than what was actually stated unless implied by additional info provided by yourself here or elsewhere. That you pretend all that info should be simply ignored when it’s clearly relevant is your problem, not mine.

Oh, really? You mean like that other “convo” we had the last time? Are you going to fake “report” my posts here too like you did the last time and threatened you’d keep doing from then on?

You promise?

The weird thing to me is that “ganking” seems to be a much bigger issue on the forums than it is in the game.

First off, EVE is always touted as a hardcore, dark, PvP game (even though it really doesn’t live up to any of those labels). So nobody playing EVE should be surprised or uncomfortable with taking losses.

Second, I see very few players come on forums saying “I was ganked, I hated it, I quit!”. A couple of these a month maybe, maybe less than that. I see way more people talking about the bad/good effect of ganking on the game, than people actually complaining they got ganked.

Third, if ganking was all that common, players would start fitting for tank! The only reason someone fits a miner for max yield and little tank, or a hauler for max haul and little tank, is because they haven’t been ganked enough to teach them to tank. They operate for a while, they think it’s safe, they make the decision that “I would rather make more ISK/carry more payload this run than fit for tank”.

If they didn’t feel somewhat safe, they wouldn’t do that. They feel safe because ganking just isn’t happening all that much (in proportion to how much trade/hauling/mining is actually occurring).

The real problem is less about ganking, and simply that EVE is designed so poorly that for some people, mining and hauling in vulnerable ships seems like a productive thing to do. For other people, PvP is so boring and limited that they are willing to hang around high sec scanning for valuable gank targets and ganking them for loot drops instead of participating in actual PvP.

If CCP admitted their management knows nothing about game design, that their designers are basically flailing in the dark, that their programmers are barely competent enough to get chat systems working… then they could maybe start working on the real problem: designing EVE to work the way it’s actually supposed to work.

2 Likes

I pretty much agree with everything you wrote, but this part really hit it on the mark.

I was just in-game a few minutes ago when all of a sudden this message appeared on chat - ‘Lost Connection With Server’ - which then flashed a couple of times and then changed to - ‘Reconnected With Server’.

Basically something to that effect.

My god ganking is part of the game, however what many people complain about are mechanic imbalances, and bumping continuously without consequences or ability to get away was a great big issue that caused players to quit. You may not have seen it but it happened. There are other issues, such as loot scooping through a DST. But the bumping one was the one that got me. I am so pleased that CCP finally sorted it, and even though it is damn easy to get around the freighter gankers just gave up, part of that is of course to meta game CCP by saying this slight change which can easily be countered with a noob ship and a point to re-set the timer made it too hard. Obviously playing for EHP reduction the poor lambs…

Think about that, the great content creators, HTFU type players who told people to HTFU quit because they have to use a noob ship to re-set a three minute timer. Does that even compute to anyone?

Now when you think about it moving stuff around is immensely boring, so many players had to nurse a helpless ship through hisec when they would have much preferred to do something else. Did that crushing boredom of moving stuff around not have something to do with players going, nope not for me? But that is OK that is content in hisec.

At the moment we have Tornado gankers blapping stuff around Jita, fine with that, its fast it happens in a flash, you have to tank for instant lockers etc. And none of this rubbish bumped for hours which quite frankly was such poor gameplay. And what makes me laugh most of all is that they made the change because new players were leaving because they got stuck on objects and could not warp and said damnit, this game is terrible, well if they had jumped into a freighter they would have had an even bigger shock!

So I looked on Zkill and noticed that ganked only seems to be applied to where 5 or more characters blow up something in hisec, so the majority of the Tornado ganks are not even being picked up as ganks, and there is a lot of them.

1 Like

The guy with bigger guns and the will to use them.

Most things are wasted on him.

You really don’t know anything about suicide ganking, do you?

1 Like

ROFL. :rofl: :rofl:

But no, I’ve never suicide ganked a thing, if that’s what you mean.

Well the responses here proves that. All the AG should refrain of posting about how ganking works, as almost all of your posts have critical errors and false info.

But yeah it is really fun when two AGs argue about how ganking works lol.

1 Like

Sorry, where did I say anything about how ganking works? Seems to me it’s precisely about how anti-ganking works and how the risks and penalties that gankers incur can be taken advantage of there that I talked about… You really don’t know anything about anti-ganking, do you?

Also could you please quote at least one such “critical error and false info”? Sure should be easy since almost all my posts contain those, so not sure why you didn’t already…

post 26, I ended reading about in the middle of this thread

1 Like

Yeah, cool, only you didn’t really answer my questions, nor did you quote what it is exactly that was a critical error or false info there…

You have been already corrected by @DeMichael_Crimson for the most part. No need to write it all again.

ROFLMAO. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

And here we are. You never ganked anyone yet you act as if you know everything about it. You should sit down and listen when real gankers talks miner.

Oh, really? Asking you to tell me what are those “critical errors” and “false info” that you said almost all my posts contain and then laughing because you refuse to do that is me acting as if I knew everything? You sure about that?