Why so many scammers on Char Bazaar nowadays?

very likely a scam… good luck

Alocose

TxivYawg1

1d

Another tip is to refresh the SP right before you send ISK and give it 10-15 min I have caught a few scammers extracting the character before they even have the ISK"

Wow, I hadn’t even considered this as a course of action.

I guess the proof would have to be a snapshot of the auction and skills page before any extraction (ie before sending the isk).

This marks my 6th in the last month.

There are many sources for these. The character is hacked, intentionally injected to appear legit, or simply owned by an individual who is quitting and doesn’t care for his account’s fate, but the intent is (almost) always the same: it’s RMT. They take the money and run, and rmt it off. In so doing they generally make a long twisting spiderweb money trail that is very difficult to follow, and RMT is already tricky enough to actually prove beyond the shadow of a doubt. The reason this has become so popular lately is simple, injectors are worth big bucks again so it’s a larger profit margin. These sorts of things are also hard for CCP to punish in a way that prevents it from happening again. With luck, the injector market will crash and the popularity of these scams will fall off with them somewhat.

The tells are fairly obvious but it makes it hard to fish for deals. And sadly due to the nature of character sales there isn’t really any way to avoid it. My only advice is to not put high %s of your wealth on the line at once, and push your local CSM rep to ask CCP for a more professional and streamlined method to buy and sell characters. Also, if you’ve fallen victim and are looking to this thread for guidance, these things can take several weeks for CCP to track down if the scammer was smart about it, but rest assured they will get to the truth.

Just because it’s CCP protected doesn’t mean you should blindly trust, scammers of this nature don’t care about the rules or repercussions.

very possibly another scam: WTS 99 m + (390k unallocated) SP pretty fox

If it is, it will be my 4th scam within 2-3 weeks… it’s getting real bad these days

I am wondering if CCP can take 1k plex out of the character which is gonna get transferred , why they cant take isk from the buyer also.

My forecast is than in a year, no more character sales. Injectors are paving the way for this and I believe character scams are starting to mount up with customer support, costing them more with additional hours spent on scam chara customer support issues.

you can buy my toon without being scammed :slight_smile:

i dont understad why ccp dont answer.
i think they dont interesting in legal market

still waiting to get answer from CCP…

@CCP_Falcon Any news on how to stop this?

This is disheartening. As someone who has bought and sold many characters in Eve, I hate seeing this sort of thing happening. It puts a stain on those who are legitimately selling characters, such as myself. I hope CCP gets their act together on this.

Finally got my reply today, 2 days shy of 2 weeks since submitting. For those of you still waiting, don’t worry you’ll be gotten to soon.

1 Like

i got both my refunds today!! HURRRAAAAHHHHH!!!

This is sad I was planning on buying two pilots, but I don’t want my isk to sit 2 weeks till support replies and involuntarily support RMT at the same time

I recently just passed the 100 mill sp mark. I have started to rethink my future with EvE. I am wondering, what if i could start a corp that assisted with Character Transfers. Is it even possible? I could be that 3rd party that excepts the isk, then once transfer is complete correctly, i release the funds. What could go wrong? Could require screen shots from both players to ensure SP is correct before and after transfer.
Ultimately, i am just seeking something that could be of help to others. Plus would make logging in more enjoyable. Even if i was open to it on the weekends that would be cool.
What do you guys think? Bad/Good idea?
Thanks

@Captain_Krunch_Krunch I am sorry to tell you but that is not how it should be done legally according to CCP. If a 3rd party is used, and if the 3rd party scam, CCP will not be able to help with that at all. Sorry, good idea but will not fly…

@Captain_Krunch_Krunch I suggest you read over Welcome to the Character Bazaar

Thanks, i am not experienced in this area at all, hence why i am here. I suppose i should look up how the transfer stuff works first. But i thought that you set up the transfer and the buyer transfers isk into a player account? Is that not correct?
R/