Why so many scammers on Char Bazaar nowadays?

first time i saw scammer here. in april 2018. so ccp cant do anything for 1 year…

Hi All,

I’ve been away from the character bazaar forum for a few weeks now due to many scammers. Are they gone yet? Anymore scam going on? I hate having to wait 1-3 weeks to get my ISK back. let me know. thanks!

no, there’s been 3 caught and put on blast within days of each other.

no meaning more more scam going on? it’s safe to buy character again?

i mean no they are still here. its still been mainly the high SP ones, but even some just at 40-50 SP have been scams.

oh god… i can’t believe CCP lets this go on this long…

the one winston quoted, says he sold in game, now its back on sale again.

Brand new to this, but is there any way a seller can be scammed, if you follow the instructions stated in the Forum welcome post?
Got this to sell, but still trying to figure out how, without doing it wrong :smiley:
https://eveskillboard.com/pilot/Terocone

Very unlikely that you would be scammed as a seller.

I mean, you won’t start the character transfer until you’ve gotten the ISK sent to you…?

3 Likes

Okay, I’ll not do that :slight_smile: Thx for advice!

Last 4 characters I bought were a scam and now my Character Buy Order thread is locked. RIP.

Wow, sorry to hear, ICY, that’s a bad run of luck. Hopefully, one day soon, the devs will come up with a character transfer solution that will solve the scam problem!

Why? It is 100% obvious that they fully endorse and condone character scamming. No action is a complete endorsement.

do you have proof of this?

You only need to look at the responses here or chat with anyone who buys characters on a regular basis.

Whilst the balance of support appears in favour of the scammer, the scams will not stop. When I say balance of favour, it means that a scammer rarely seems to end up with a financial loss whilst the purchaser does.

I can’t speak for all those being scammed, but I think it would be a safe bet to say that the majority have been at the end of a loss whilst the scammer appears to get away scott-free.

Al you lose is time waiting for support to refund your isk. It’s not like you lose the isk.

scammer’s get banned and scammee’s get their ISK back.

Even though the victims of these scams get their isk returned, it’s still a major inconvenience and the fact that the isk is often RMTd away is damaging to the game’s health.

Given the rules around direct character sales, CCP is in a unique position to completely eliminate these scams by introducing some sort of automated escrow system to guaruntee the transfer. Considering character sales are still a revenue source for CCP I’m quite surprised they haven’t already.

@IChooseYou @Brock_Khans you guys are fairly big names in the community, please try to push CCP/CSM to address this problem, you guys can probably get some real results.

2 Likes

@Brisc_Rubal. Can you bring this up in February with the devs?

mb they have % from scammers? buy character get some isk back from scammer, than create ticket and get refund…