Why The High-Sec Mining Hate?

Maybe they are enjoying it, who knows. We can’t blame them for spending that amount of ISK in Uedama.

1 Like

Miners killed my puppy. :cry:

2 Likes

Oh, sad to hear that!

Have they done it as a group? Were they doing it slowly under TiDi?

Sorry, it makes me too sad to go into the details, you’ll just have to believe me that all miners are evil.

Not all but it’s always them.

1 Like

Impatience is what gets freighters ganked. They just chuck everything, big and small, into one freighter without much thought. I’d separate out the smaller expensive items that could be flown in something fast and tanky. Rather than transporting ships in a freighter, I’d fly them individually. And yes…I have flown totally unfitted ships right through Uedama. Its scary but fun.

1 Like

I dont and have never had an evil bone in my body.

I am owed an apology. :stuck_out_tongue:

:rose:

1 Like

It’s not the bones, it’s the deeds.

Like vandalising all those moons.

Outsmarting the pirates is fun. Pro tip for those players: “Hauling is PVP”. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

You can get an Eagle to 500K EHP ( with ADC ) and 3.5 second align time. Great for those small but very expensive items.

1 Like

How would that help when the goal is to suicide in Uedama? It’s not just the gankers who enjoy the suicide run - both sides enjoy that intimidating moment that lasts just a few seconds, ending with some nice blow / explosion effects.

A few days ago I was distracted with some smalltalk on voicecomms while hauling 12B in wormhole loot to Jita. By accident I didn’t warp to my instadock-spot but directly to the station. And of course, I landed at 2800m, unable to cloak because 22343 other ships were around. Took like 10 seconds (felt like a 100…) to accelerate and dock up…
6 Tornadoes and some Thrashers on Grid, in perfect optimal range for their Artillery. That was some adrenaline.

Nobody even tried. :slight_smile:

HS would be so incredibly boring without gankers.

4 Likes

A little less value for me but I had been cleaning my hangar of old fits and was moving some billions through a drifter hole shortcut to Jita last week.

I forgot I had changed my default ‘warp to’ distance to land on the holes, and suddenly wondered why my instadock bookmark at Jita landed my ship just outside docking range instead of well within, and why I slowly drifted and decloaked instead of immediately docking.

Oops.

Luckily nobody else noticed either.

1 Like

I spend a good deal of time lurking outside Jita, and I’m quite sure many of the Tornadoes are AFK much of the time. I often have situations where there’s a juicy suspect to kill and I’m hoping others will join in…but the half a dozen Tornadoes, Vargurs, etc just do nothing.

I’m hoping to witness trailblazers start a trend Ganking those sitting ducks glass cannons.

Be the change you want to see.

2 Likes

I already lack the motivation and adrenaline. Just an old and tired capsuleer. Hoping new players will develop the idea.

Nobody stops you to create a “Jita Security” corporation and hire members that constantly bump those Tornadoes, so they won’t hit crap with their Artilleries. They all go docking after a few bumps, sometimes writing you hateful mails you can collect.

Once station is save, go for the gates and the nearby systems. If you can keep growing in numbers, bring masses of Basilisks and Suicide-Haulers with BurstJammers to Uedama and Sivala. Stop the ganks as they go on.

Best of luck!

1 Like

The bunch of about 4 or 5 tornados that sits out of docking range from the perimeter gate docking area arent gankers but are ships often associated with the haulers that sit there too. They are made to have kill rights to buy and kill to make money. They are fully insured and just do it to make a profit off the hulls iirc. The ones that sit on the undock, both in range of undocking and docking , approx. 20-25kms from those initial points ARE in fact gankers and will attempt it and scan you. Sometimes even they are afk or docile.

Now the new thing is the gal FW militia killing cal mil on the undock and collecting tears because of the new sov changes to Jita from caldari space to Concord Assembly faction space.

Interacting with hs miners when i was new is what pushed me in the direction of wanting to gank all of them.

2 Likes