Why The High-Sec Mining Hate?

What if you are wrong?

What if not?

Will you ragequit if? :slight_smile:

I wish you a happy one…

Maybe this hits you hard, but how would you count people who do both? Gank and mine? So I think your made up statistics are not complete at all…

I know quite a few people that like to remove their competition from the skies on a frequent basis.

3 Likes

The only answer to the question proposed is: Because it’s competition, a safe and lazy one. Since the parties in LS and NS established enough resources, they enforced the unsafe mode.

It’s kinda sad people don’t understand that… I mean, geting mad is ok, but being so naive is kinda disturbing. Like @Uta_Asmai still does not understand it’s not about % or mechanics at all.

My only complain is the criminal and security statuses are jokes, all the rest is working as intended, I’m not going to make an analogy from RL because it’s of bad taste, but you can figure it out really easy.

Old CCP also invented triglavians, which I do not agree, that enforcement is for players, the right solution is to progressively diminish the safe space, not to invent NPCs. NPCs don’t compromise like players with their wallets.

But I’m going to far for the topic.

Grim dark and dystopian is one thing but without some light the dark has no meaning. It’s really OK to let the good guys win sometimes.

and who are they?

the people vandalising all the asteroids and ice belts?

1 Like

A fun thing about EVE is that there is no clear good guys versus bad guys. We have many different NPC factions all with their own flaws and goals and even more player factions with even more flaws and conflicting goals.

I love it when the good guys (my fleet) defeats the bad guys (the other fleet) but I’d like to win because we fly better, not because we are the good guys.

But if you insist you can let me win if we ever face off in space!

1 Like

Darn it, now you’ve made me invent a new term…

ragekeepaskingifpeoplewillragequit

This is where someone wants others to ragequit so much that he gets in a rage wanting them to.

1 Like

Your premise is wrong.

You think that just because someone hunts you, he hates you or what you are doing.

This is classic mistake of pve players. There was one player that I hunted and killed repeatedly and he reported me to GMs for griefing. He told me so and asked me why do I hate him so much and why won’t I let him play. I explained him that what I do is not personal. He just loves to fly ships that I love to destroy. Blingy and easy to gank ships that very few players are flying. So since there are no other targets I went for him everytime he undocked. Which he did daily.

It is the same with miners. Miners are a valid target of pvp and majority of the players who hunts them does not have any animosity towards those players.

I am not aware that miners are receiving kill threats, death wishes, cancer wishes like gankers do from the miners.

2 Likes

Only because asteroids cannot express their feelings.

They do, they do! But in space, no one can hear you scream!

Unless it’s the FC screaming into the microphone. :eyes:

:thinking: :blush: :ccpguard:

Idk what you are talking about. The good guys win every time a hulk or mackinaw is killed?

The most dystopian thing here is that people clearly don’t care for universal warming within New Eden. All the gas expelled from compression modules and strip miners has been increasing our carbon footprint and causing the stars across the universe to expel more heat.

Not to mention the run off from all the MTUs is killing off the migratory space worms. Personally I think saving a precious species like the Metropolis migratory space worm should be a high priority.

Seems to me you are projecting.

3 Likes

No one is innocent in New Eden

miners provides the minerals to build the ships that ganks them.

2 Likes

Maybe this hits YOU hard but this is not relevant because those numbers from fc from 2023 only refer to(and only this counts) pvp only and i stated this multiple times now beside being flamed and taunted.

You only CAN count full time pvp because otherwise what? One who mines for an hour a day and does pvp for the rest of the day is a ‘miner’ ?

Part time is not covered in this statistic because you cannot define it.

The 25% refer to 24/7 and THIS IS a minority you can spit out what you want.

So your ‘critic’ bounces off because it does not change anything because the distribution in other parts(‘part time pvp player’) will be(obviously and with common sense) similar…

2 Likes

Getting mad at h-sec gankers is like getting mad at a shark for killing something in the ocean or a lion taking down a gazelle. It’s their nature, thus, it is the nature of the h-sec ganker to feed on miners. You can make yourself less of a target by just being aware of local.

2 Likes

You can’t even manage a consistent lie. I mean these are your own words from April 17. Strange how the 25% was 1/3 back then, eh.

Lies, damned lies, and Uta Asmai…

What was that about bending reality ? Like the way ‘full time PvP’ is a category that you just invented out of thin air. I mean…what am I doing on a day when I log in and don’t to any PvP ? Am I still a ‘full time PvP-er’ ?

I actually DID statistics in order to get the job I spent most of my life doing…and your grasp of statistics is so woefully inadequate that I’d raise a claim for fraud if my accountant came up with such.

You problem is that you deny reality and sell it yourself as bubble self-defense, otherwise you would have to face HOW wrong you are…you are so desperate that you jump on a typer…

2 Likes

I certainly deny your biased reality.

But even if your ‘stats’ were true….so frikin what ? There are always less predators than prey. That is how nature works. In fact often way less than 25%. In fact, in the Serengeti there are 300 to 500 wildebeest for every one lion. So the portion of PvP lions is just 0.25% or so.

Well…lets get rid of lions, as they are clearly not necessary. Lets completely forget that the lions and wildebeest evolved in symbiosis and that the only reason a wildebeest is a wildebeest is because lions exist.

Frankly, your entire spew is one of the silliest I have ever seen, and that takes quite some doing on the EVE forums. So don’t prattle on about reality, as you clearly haven’t a clue what reality is.