Why The High-Sec Mining Hate?

Maybe you made yourself an attractive target multiboxing that many ships what I assume aren’t cheap ships either?

Have the ship prices gone up?

I don’t pay that much attention to the short term ship prices, but thought they went down?

I was recently surprised how cheap my Rorqual had become, how I can buy JFs now for much less than I paid for, how cheap T1 battleships are and even the black ops battleships which I thought were going for 1b can be bought for 700m or so these days.

Prices seem fine to me and if anything, low!

More fine than the existence of mass multiboxed mining fleets.

If anything is a problem in EVE, it’s those.

I run 1 orca(not blinged), 2 hulks(not blinged) and 1 covetor(training for hulk) Not sure what makes me a juicer target than the guy with 1 orca and 30 machinaws huffing up ice belts

The Hulks, if I were to guess. Better targets than Macks and much cheaper to destoy than Skiffs.

Also it could be that 30 man mining fleet that swaps to ganking characters if you mine in their area. Have you tried another spot?

Ya, a few, but gankers are rampant in this game, because they face no real consiquences, Might end up switching to skiffs, and just doing LS and WH expeditions with a porposie

Ship prices aren’t up, though.

Moreover, the changes in ship prices were primarily driven by an explicit change in build mats that reduced the percentage of their build cost that comes from mined minerals, with gas, PI and exploration mats taking up the remainder.

Not only is your attribution incorrect, but so is your premise.

1 Like

Speaking of which:

:ccpguard:

1 Like

What a load of utter baloney.

In the past week…

There were 31,578 kills in lowsec

There were 47,833 kills in nullsec

There were 10,733 kills in wspace

There were 17,161 kills in Pochven

TOTAL 107,305 kills NOT in highsec

And the grand total for highsec is…12,058. So only 10% of all kills are even in highsec.

And of that 12,058, only 508 were ganks.

Which means that of the total 119,363 ship kills in EVE in the past week…a mere 0.42% was due to ganking.

LOL at ‘rampant PvP’ and the sheer dishonesty of someone trying to present it as such.

3 Likes

wait til they learn that its nullseccers that actually help fill up the shops in hisec

2 Likes

Miners, and other groups not paying attention to their surroundings are rampant. Going to systems that are already populated and are pretty nice hot spots are always going to attract the folks youre complaining about. I honestly think youd be surprised that these groups arent as rampant as you may think…youre exaggerating is all youre doing.

It sounds to me that you need to go elsewhere to do your mining. Dont be the average miner and set your fleet in areas that gankers are patrolling. Its really that easy. There are several other old tricks of the trade to keep a step ahead of them as well…but i wont list them because its getting tiring to have to type the same thing over and over to people.

Theres a reason why some of us miners have not had the same trouble as you. I know for a fact that you know those reasons…but you choose to not properly use them. Pretty much any system is “rampant” with gankers if youre not paying attention to whats happening around you.

:rose:

1 Like

Like I’ve said many times in other threads, I used to mine in Azerakish, and 90% of the time I was the only person there. Massive asteroid belts. Gankers once in a blue moon. Same with the 0.5 system Aurcel…though there’s often 3 or 4 people there but most of the time you have the HUGE asteroids to yourself. There are loads of such places in EVE.

Are you saying they aren’t allowed to?

Because the ‘it’s their game, they can do what they want with it’ quote is EXACTLY the ‘argument’ that was used against me in many posts…

Does this not count if your agenda is in question, do i get your remark right? :stuck_out_tongue:

I say it again…there is a word for ‘not touching anything(‘we did it like this for 20 years now, there is no need to change’)’ :

STAGNATION…

1 Like

This ‘nonsense’ is the REALITY of the game for 20 years…time for a change…

They ain’t hurting anyone , what’s your problem :man_shrugging:t2:

True, theyre not.

But theyre complaining about something that they themselves can keep from happening…but continue to put themselves into a position.

Im a full time carebear miner…and im proof that the rampant ganker theory is nothing but what it is. A ghost theory.

2 Likes

Technically they’re hurting my income as competing miner.

But I can live with that, competition is a part of EVE after all.

More importantly some miners are hurting the game by complaining about easily avoidable things, such as the existence of PvP in this game. The continued cries of some for a safer EVE would hurt the game a lot if they were listened to.

2 Likes

Nonsense.

One does not change things just for the sake of it. For example the rules of the card game ‘contract bridge’ have remained the same for over 100 years. The rules of Poker have existed for over 200 years. The rules of the Monopoly game that we play today have existed for 90 years. The rules for Chess were finalised 102 years ago. All those games have existed waaay longer than EVE. So WHY would one change them ? Just for the sake of it ?

The only ‘stagnation’ I see is you endlessly beating the same dead horse.

5 Likes

Mine some more?

Be better at mining ?

Give Quiche a chance ?

I already said I’m fine with their competition.

It’s the complaints about dangers by some miners that hurt the game.

There dangers - Rats

And there people just being ass hats - Suicide gankers

Rats aren’t dangerous, they’re predictable and easily handled.

The danger is other humans, the same ones you keep insulting and keep complaining about.

Can you not have fun playing a game against other players without insulting the other players?

If you ever play competitive board games with friends, do you insult them too? I cannot imagine that being a fun evening.

1 Like