Will we ever see a new wiped server?

''Two weeks after Patch day we built our first POS.
We wanted a piece of the moon mining pie and also wanted to figure out how it word as none of us knew exactly.
After our first try we were aggravated that we could get it working and decided to try again the next day to finish our project.
The next day to our amazment we found that the silos in our unfinished POS chain were full. After a short time we found out the reason for this phenomenon.
The POS system was BUGGED.
Of course a petition was sent to CCP to make them aware of this situation and the answer was sobering.

ā€œYour petition has been receivedā€ CLOSEā€™ā€™

Its history, now, have you studied recent MER?

You can defend and protect them as much as you want but until now they all already understand what is happening and your play on words will not save their honor.

What play on words?

Itā€™s history but have greatly influenced the game, even to this day. What is so wrong about wanting a clean game?

People already told you. Itā€™s going to split the community and itā€™s going to require a second server.

Itā€™s also going to make old players return. Many people, like me, has no interest in playing on TQ.

Goons had their lows, that is why they moved to Delve, because people removed them from the north. In Delve they showed everyone else that economy and cooperation is worth more than some bunch of elite PvPers.

Null is now ā€œbuild an empireā€ game, but to reset this one would need to make it ā€œdestroy an empireā€. Just a shift in mentality to change game mechanics, to reset the people thinking and replace with new inhibitants, space barbarians, not space farmers. Of course then the cycle would repeat and the mechanics would change to favour space farmers, after some time of barbarians ruling.

1 Like

You are so insecure that you have to hide behind the statements of other people :rofl:

No. I want him to understand that he shouldnā€™t have to ask this question if he had been following the thread.

Yes yes, YOU will teach him how to think, omg no one needs such a bad teacher :rofl:

But you donā€™t know exactly how many new players this is going to introduce to the game. Basically, the effects of this change are unknown, but it is a change that would change the game in a huge sense.

So given that this is a fundamental change and that all arguments for it has been debunked (except for ā€œI want it, cause I would come backā€), I guess you can see why this would never happen.

1 Like

I doubt it. The loss of players from the split has a much greater chance to end the game. Then do describe how exactly your game is influenced by the knowledge of others having more than you do?

Iā€™m also still interested in how you can prove that the old gains are still present and havenā€™t been simply exhausted and replaced by new wealth.

We may want many things, for example I would like to see all null experiencing kind of ā€œSea peoplesā€ as in the late bronze age collapse historically (look it up people), but its always some CCP devs with decade long reeaction timespan.

So dont get your hopes high everyone. :joy:

I am an archaeologist. Please tell me about the collapse XD

1 Like

So, I think something like that would be more interesting than just starting anew. You could even mix both interests, researching times past by taking example of null in EVE online. Live history experiments. I like archeology and I think it could be good occasion to test some theories on players.

With due respect, archaeology is trying to understand the lives of our ancestors with their objects and remains. How people react to x and y would be psychology.

It was sea, hungry, people, and Egypt did not collapse.

I would love to see the sleepers take over. Invade them.

History is always people. Look at it more interdisciplinary. We are living and we react to the outside world. Archeology is trying to understand what happened in past, its social science. It could be helpful to do experiments, adding certain straining to the lifes of players.