Winter duFallen for CSM 13

Well, spread the word! I am running for CSM. And you know that I will listen. I think it is one of my greatest strengths.

1 Like

This would just make a lot of people quit, because they would need to fear being picked. Certain minds would get together and spray every single carebear they find with high bounties, because isk is damn cheap to aquire anyway and salt is always lacking in supply.

Not that I would mind from a personal perspective, but considering the effects on the game, this would cause quite the uproar. Not even talking about all the wannabe-good-people-White-Knights.

@Winter_duFallen Please let me know when your online times are. Thank you.

2 Likes

Heya, Winter. Good stuff!

A) yep, you make a good diplomat/ambassador, so I think youā€™d make a good CSM as well, especially if you keep engaging with the playerbaseā€¦ which some CSMs seem to drift away from. Nevar forget.

B) retention of old players, very goodā€¦ new players, also goodā€¦ but not as the sole focus, forgetting the formerā€¦ and as for content creators not burning outā€¦ thereā€™s another good way to do that: make content creation more appealing andā€¦ either easier, or balance out the difficulty with more reward or just better systems that take away some of the super-drudgery.

Because if you do that, not only will current FCs be happier, but more and more new FCs will step up to share the load once the load isnā€™t so intimidating/un-fun-looking from afar. New, better tools, communicationā€¦ and yes, rewards if it can be added fairly. Anything to get people to try new ā– ā– ā– ā–  out, including FCing some to give the existing FCs a break. :wink:

C) yeah. Thereā€™s only so much that can be done, same goes for logistics in general, butā€¦ things can be done to ease the pains a bit, and every little bit of effort on CCPā€™s behalf will be seen and appreciated, methinks. Thanks for your efforts on behalf of the NPSI communities, be they PVE or PVP or bothā€¦ and others!

BMs that can be shared to fleetmates without having to pop them into cargo and jetcan or station trade would be a godsend as wellā€¦ sharing lots of things with the fleet, including standings (and my god, can you please ask CCP to up the contacts limit from 1024 to something higher?) and overviews (temporarily with an option to save for your own use later, perhaps?) would also be niceā€¦ and yes, d-scans that donā€™t need to be pasted into plaintext or some other app to be shared would be great!

Keep on keepinā€™ on! o7

1 Like

I am usually on late late US TZ or early evening AUS. @Solstice_Projekt

Please answer in actual timeframesā€¦ I have no idea when TZs start or end.

About 0300 to about 0700 or thereabouts.

Thanks! These are no times for me and I work most of the time until AUTZ. I will figure something out.

Do you need funds?

1 Like

Give me a time. I will be on as my work schedule is flexible. :grinning: (Fair warning, end of this week I will be unavailable.)

1 Like

Maybe a Discord chat, though that would probably be overkill. Especially once you establish it, everyone would want to talk to the famous female CSM member. Groupies ā€¦ : - )

The only time I can be around, at earliest would be in ā€¦ *crams through stuff* ā€¦ 4-ish hours, pretty much every day though. It is now almost 0900 in my time.

LOL I am hardly famous. I am just me!

Okay. Maybe I am a little famous for trolling goons on FB. But that just makes me infamous. Not famous.

Iā€™ll alarm clock it and will see you then. :grin: Might be half dead though. Fair warning.

2 Likes

Maybe you should rather sleep. : - )

I will be there, but I will not be angry if you can not make it. Sleep is important. Angry women can be rrreeeaaaalllllyyyyyyyyyy ā€¦ nice. : - )

1 Like

Iā€™ll see you in about 4 ish hours LOL

1 Like

i am going to be 20min late. My apologies. I have attempted contacting you in game earlier, but i had no way of telling if you were around and gave up after 10min of nothingness.

1 Like

Then it seems like I am just in time. Logging in right now.

Yesterday I have realized that FanFest is next week! Damn!

1 Like

Winter duFallen is someone Iā€™ve often referred to as mom because of the way she treats you like family. As someone who plays mostly for KMā€™s sprinkled with salt, Iā€™ve always been fascinated at how she plays the game differently than I. She is here for the community, the friends, the relationships, and because of that she feels passionately about it. Iā€™ve heard her super stressed about corp drama, giddy as hell over finally blowing up her prey, and erupting with righteous fury when someone has wronged a member of her ā€œfamily,ā€ and in true eve fashion drags you into a separate channel to plot a crusade of revenge and justice. At the heart of a Winter candidacy will always be a desire to improve the community and to grow it. ā€œFreeā€ $500 and vacation time trips and fame, arenā€™t part of the equation for her. This chica cares about you because youā€™re part of her family and community whether you know her or not. +1 from me, for a friend Iā€™ve been thankful to have for years

3 Likes

This means so much to me. You have no idea. And yup! Donā€™t mess with my guys! LOL

I personally think that the bounty system and the kill rights system needs a complete overhaul. NOT WORKING AS INTENDED is what I hear people with far too many years in the game than myself state when asked about it.

Iā€™m on the fence about special rewards for ā€œcontent creatorsā€ as you put it. Content creators perhaps is a stretch to even use here as in most applications itā€™s referred to as an application/website/video tutorials etc, which often are recognized in some form or fashionā€¦eventually and even they ā€œdo itā€ because of the love for the game and interest in the area they focus in. Yet those werenā€™t even the ā€œcontent creatorsā€ you were referring to?!

False, the base game that everyone plays and CCP designed is still there. The ā€œgameā€ still exists, and itā€™s not due solely to ā€œcontent creatorsā€ or their actions! Though the ā€œbase gameā€ may not be enjoyed by all or many in that iteration, it exists. So itā€™s on those players/groups to ensure the way they enjoy playing the game in a certain manner is played in that manner. But to call them ā€œcontent creatorsā€, thatā€™s a stretch at best. (see above reply) They are responsible for bringing in new blood, etc. Itā€™s not easy, I understand that. But neither is managing a corp/alliance/sov bloc are we to start doling out rewards for them as well?-NO, nor should we.
-Though I do agree some of that does need to be made easier, and UI changes can help.

Really? Who are said ā€œcontent creatorsā€ and where/how can I find them? I agree that there needs to be more in game easy exposure/accessibility to such things, yet it doesnā€™t exist. To reward a certain group of players for playing content they enjoy, leading others in the content they enjoy; while likely excluding others not so known? Not necessarily the greatest idea Iā€™ve heard of and will likely go over like a lead balloon I mean this is EVE!

My biggest issue with this is, transparency and fairness! Who decides who gets extras and why? What if Rockshooter McGee has been leading the biggest, safest mining op fleets for 5 years, is he eligible? If not, why not? Is it because Sansha Sam and her group doesnā€™t think heā€™s a true ā€œcontent creatorā€ because she/they hate mining?! Itā€™s just a big can of wormsā€¦Now having said all that

Iā€™m not wholly opposed to it (perhaps your term ā€œcontent creatorā€ :stuck_out_tongue:) and think if such a system were to be implemented it would have to be very transparent for all players and equally accessible without exclusions.
Not wholly opposed, yet remain largely unconvinced.
Moving on-

This I do agree with in full and this does need to be addressed IN the game/launcher/agency in some way! There has to be more that can be done either via the in game calendar/mailing lists or other tool that has yet to be built. Outside tools/sources are great, but only for those who know about ā€œSteveā€™s super awesome saturday ratting fleetā€ Discord server. So this kind of stuff needs to be implemented in the game.
Heck Iā€™m not a ā€œgame forumā€ person, but I came here from a link in the launcher because of CSM and I wanted to know who was running and why this election. So even putting it in the launcher can help!

I do hope you donā€™t feel as though Iā€™m attacking your idea (Iā€™m being really nitpicky about ā€œcontent creatorā€ I know!) I just need more depth behind the reasoning and validation for special rewards for a select group, that you really havenā€™t given. It needs more depth. If I can clarify anything, please let me know. All in all I do like most of what youā€™ve said and are running for, I await your reply.
~Cheers!~

As promised you have my vote girl , and those of my corps

Get those old outdated corp roles streamlined and sorted

Kilo

crickets