Winter Q&A Livestream - December 16

is this going to be an actual QA or is it going to be the stated devs monologuing and tooting each others trumpets for over an hour while ignoring the chat?

like they have done… with basically every other ‘QA’ in the past year?

5 Likes

the answerd is no
ccp is the games workshop for eve online

1 Like

mood-kindred

When will you fix those ACL bugs that makes structure owners hard to run them which I reported 8 months ago (#1562238) and the bug become even more worse 3 months ago (#1651518) and still not fixed (#1703335) ?

1 Like

Where is the list of approved questions?

2 Likes

They wish they were that successful

2 Likes

“we are already seeing a large increase in both mining volume and numbers of players mining.”

Are you on crack ?

6 Likes

Now that the major player driven war of 14 months is mostly concluded and people have time to explore the changes to the other aspects of nullsec it seems a vast majority of the people we meet and talk to across the board are not happy with some aspects of that were introduced particularly during last year. Are CCP monitoring player activity and the actual clicks on the client to see whether they haven’t perhaps killed the game for some of the player clients?

Empirical evidence just flying about in space would suggest a sharp downturn in players in space. It really seems that the whole point about there being dangerous accessible space with the highest potential rewards but with pvp risks has been lost out of the sandbox. People seem to be just voting with their feet.

3 Likes

How can you say all mining ships were improved? And how can you say the changes you made improved the tradeoff decision-making for mining? You broke the Procurer - reduced yield (boosting yield by 10% is NOT the same as reducing cycle time by 10%), reduced mid slots, reduced CPU - so now my miners are laid up for most of a month training to fly ships I was flying just fine before. Alternatively, I could go mine with one or more modules missing, so that I have even LESS yield.

And how can you say that the BS you did with manufacturing makes things better? It’s all about forcing game play on players, rather than creating opportunity and enticement for additional game play options and activities. Look what that BS did to World of Warcraft if you want a historical example of what happens to “vibrant economy” when designers choose to force gameplay on crafters: crafting and industry tank and “vibrant economy” dies. Velocity of in-game currency dies, because production is dramatically reduced, prices of the more valuable things skyrocket, and the speed with which the valuable things need to be replaced goes down due to the cost/benefit ratio for risking them gets worse.

For years, you’ve stressed that EVE is a social game, and pushed people to get into corporations to avoid taxes and get benefits like participation in mining fleets, cooperation on manufacturing capability, small gang and large fleet PvP, etc. Now, you are complaining that the Rorqual is “forcing people into large groups”? And your “correction” for this game play that doesn’t fit your intention is to break the Rorqual? Seriously, you could have reduced the profound effect the Rorqual had on the game by just reducing the bonus to mining drones.

Do your designers play the game? And do they participate in all aspects to be sure they understand the effects of what they do?

6 Likes

In a good game, money gets you entertainment and enjoyment. That’s the point. Just getting access to something in exchange for money, with no other payoff resulting from the access, means I will stop paying my money.

I don’t pay money for access to webcams showing a sewage processing plant’s operations, either. Though they are complex and have impact on people, they are not fun to watch.

4 Likes

Both buffs and nerfs are needed for a good quality game.

If you think money entitles you to constant buffs, and that’s what you consider a ‘pay-off’, then go play a game that has endless powercreep. But the reality is that powercreep kills games.

1 Like

Unfortunately, the developers are leading the game to a total donation, not really caring about those who have been playing for years and who have more than one account. Since the introduction of the dynamic ESS, the game has lost a lot of pilots, online dipped. In addition, constant brakes when entering gates, friezes and brakes repel from the game, even at top hardware laptop or desktop… The latest patches only added fuel to the fire, reworked mining, Rorqual and Orca and other ships for mining. made this mining not profitable. as for a belt mining, and for moon mining. The same applies to ice belts, as they appear only the developers know. It’s a shame, fellow developers, to ruin a game that was once famous all over the world. After 2014, we are heading towards the closure of the project.

I’m already silent about the FRT bot farms and not only the FRT in the north, east of the map and other places.
Many have left and will leave the project while the thirst for profit will overshadow reason and logic. And no patches will return people to the game, no matter how much you donate free sp or other game resources.

That is not a game what we loved 5-10 years ago. Shame on you, CCP.

3 Likes

There are so many questions I would like to ask, however let’s focus on significant and urgent topics to make EVE more better here.

1. Are you disposed to review your own updates ? Are you willing to disclose your thoughts ?
    You have brought large amount of controversial updates in the past few years. It is apparent that some of those updates have not improved the game, brought none of new meta into the game or even brought totally opposite consequences. ( ex. Surgical Strikes, Tactical Capsuleer Recloner, metaliminal Storms, etc ) Everyone makes mistakes. We always learn from failures and can improve. If you don’t review your works appropriately, there won’t be any progress. Are you willing to admit your failures and wanna disclose them to communities ? Or if you think all of those updates made success, could you explain they did with statistics please ?

2. Do your developer teams play EVE ? or do they communicate with community teams ?
    Recently we’ve experienced a lot of updates, which are assumed to be made by those who don’t play EVE. Especially UI/UX updates except NPE have large quantity of problems. IMO, those issues may be avoidable if only devs continuously play your own products, or well communicated with community teams each other. Aren’t you trying to develop the game only with programmers in the meeting room ?

Will update if any other questions comes up with.

4 Likes
  1. Are there any plans to introduce new ORE ships to provide deeper progression?

2. Can dynamic distribution for ratting or mining work in a world where there are more pve centric players than pvp without the lack of the latter reducing content for the former?

3. Are there any plans to allow rorq pilots a free respec given recent changes? I have 3 rorq accounts however the new design for the rorq means I only really need 1. Some kind of free respec would give me a reason to keep the other 2 subbed.

4. Are you intending to introduce new ships and art assets or is the intent to make Eve a passive revenue stream for CCP i.e. have dynamic systems regulate the sandbox so CCP can focus resource on developing other games?

3 Likes

I might believe this because of all the players trying to see what works and what does not. I have mined a lot since the patch to seeif it worth doing any more. Mining is not worth doing in high sec any more. Lowest isk per hour and you can replace ships in 40 hours any more.

US dollar, note the $ sign. Dumbass

I have many questions:

• In the devblog it says in relation to the economy: “…now that order and balance has been restored…” but all statistics, graphics and also statements of players show that the economy is in a worse state than ever before. Production has dropped by 50% in the last two years, capital ships are no longer being built, mining in null is next to zero (except for moons and ice) and so on. How does it come to the statement that everything is balanced and in order now? What is the definition of a healthy economy that is mentioned here? And what is CCP’s reaction to players saying “we don’t think it´s good at the moment”?

• Many systems that have been introduced in recent years contradict each other. Capital ratting sights were introduced, but at the same time it was made impossible to build capitals. The ESS was introduced to create contat based on ratting and at the same time the BRM was introduced which almost completely destroyed ratting in nullsec. Are there single teams at CCP developing these systems and putting them into the game without consulting each other or is there an bigger goal and if so what is that goal (more specific than “set up eve for the third decade”)?

• Due to the extreme increase of capital building costs it has become impossible for new players or alliances to even work on catching up to older players. CCP Rattati said in an interview that eve is now much more fair than before. How does this statement fit with these facts?

• Eve has always been famous for the big battles that are fought with massive spaceships. CCP is now moving to the point that these large ships are no longer built and therefore can no longer be used in battles. How does CCP imagine that wars will be fought in the future, when ships can no longer be replaced and production is far below consumption?

• How was it possible that the mining waste “residue” could be turned 180° within one week? First it was announced that the goal was to reward progress (according to CCP Rattati in an interview). One week later it was about making decisions and the numbers were completely changed. Does this mean that first a feature was developed about without considering what the goal of this system should be?

• No one from the community wants a change in the current compression system, except that moon goo and gas can be compressed too. Why is it necessary to change the system?

• Rorquals were the big problem according to the devblog. Now these ships have been heavily nrfed and exhumers are the best manning ships. that means after about 2-3 months of skill time paylers are at the maximum of mining - with a cruiser. Is there the intention to introduce new mining ships as of the cuminity demanded?

• The “endgame” of eve (if you want to call it as such) has not changed since the introduction of capitals in 2006. Is there any consideration to introduce t2 capitals to give veratenen new aims?

• Scarity already driven away 1/3 of the player base and even more players are about to leave. Does CCP think that this is still good way to deal with the problems of eve?

• Direct question to CCP Rattati: In the community statements like “solo moon mining is not a good given right” are quoted very often to show how far the CCP devs have distanced themselves from the playerbase and how little the concerns of the players are considered, what do you say to this criticism?

• Many players have left eve because the changes in scarcity have wiped out their playstays. Are considerations being made on how to get these players back or are they being written off as a loss?

• What is the information base on which changes to the game are planned?

• Is the fun or overall the feelings a player should have when playing eve something that is considered when developing a feature?

I could go on but even a few of them would be nice.

10 Likes

Look again. He said “for each Omega”

After reading the Winter Update and reflecting on why I felt so disheartened by it, I came to the realization that it’s not the content of the update that concerned me. It’s the fact I have lost faith in CCP’s leadership to actually do what is best for the game in terms of its health. Having been on a two-year journey that has demonstrably damaged the game, with the sole intent of somehow “fixing” it, how can you expect people to trust that you know what is best for the game?

1. If you could go back in time and change the way you approached this “rebalance” of the economy, would you? And if so, how would you have done it differently?

2. What metrics are you using to decide if the economy is “healthy” because, by every metric that is viewable by the player base, whether it be production, bums on seats (or in space), and interactions, every metric is down. The most important metric is the PCU, and that is, without a doubt, down. Are there metrics you can explain that somehow show you that the game is now in a “healthy” zone?

3. Do you understand that CCP has lost the confidence of huge swathes of its player base, with the monkey paw meme actually being a firm belief, and how entire alliance discords show utter contempt for the decisions being made by management at the moment. What are you going to do to rectify this?

12 Likes

Which of these = true

Because they both cant