Winzentowitsch Madeveda for CSM 16

For easier tracking and Updating, here is the list of topics I want to push:
Update: 2022/02/10

1. Cleaning up Descriptions of modules and skills
In the help channels I often see pilots being told to just read the ****ing description/mission briefing. I’m all for trying to actually learn yourself as much as possible, but there are just too many descriptions of skills and modules that don’t add up or are really vague.
While a new tab with like “Applies to” similar to “Required for”, would solve this issue, I would rather see more linking to example modules like you will find in ships “Traits” tab.
This is already done in ore descriptions and would help in cases like the skill “Explosive Armor Compensation” that still has outdated module names and could instead list the correct names and a link to the T1 Version (as “Required for” based on skills wouldn’t work in this case) of each module group.
For further examples of what I’m talking about, you can have a look at the Trait tab of the Drecavac and a phoenix.

2. Stop nerfing T3Cs check: T3C Skill loss has been removed
CCP nerfing Tech 3 Cruisers has become somewhat of a meme by now. Just now with the changes to Nullification we got another nerf, without removing the SP loss on losing the already expensive ship.
Currently they are still in use especially in wormholes, but in most cases the are either worse or just cost way more then T2 Cruisers. By all means they shouldn’t be better than T2 in their respective niches, but T3Cs should still offer an alternative to them or at least fill other niches left by other T2 ships.
Currently the best step forward would be to either remove SP loss or give them at least Passive Nullification back (possibly with similar debuffs as they exist for the module).
Skillpoint Loss has been removed which makes them more viable, but I still think they can be buffed more without overshadowing other ships in their roles.

3. Logi on Killmails
Implementation will not be easy, but I think CCP and CSM will find a way.

4. Rework Filaments in Wormholes check: filaments are kill, I repeat, filaments are kill
While Filaments like Needlejack are useful and used frequently in order to quickly get roaming from Highsec, the combination of being able to filament into Pochven and then filament into highsec from there is definetly changing how you approach wormholes.
Having these filaments in cargo means a pretty safe extraction from wherever you are and it doesn’t matter if its some dead end system blocked by a camp that trapped you, being deep in enemy null territory or if you are deep in the chain of High Class wormholes with no K-Space exit. While this itself isn’t that bad, we have to look at Evictions:
If there is a frighole into the system, everyone (this doesn’t only apply to defenders) can just yeet most ships and assets to Highsec and get back in a shuttle, without having to worry about anything other than the frighole collapsing from time. If you are taking the time to evict someone for days, holding hole control and losing ships, it is devastating to see your enemy just yeeting ships out of the hole, without much that can be done about it.
A Straight up ban of Filaments in J-Space would not be optimal, as some of them do have a valid mechanic, but at least the ones that can currently bring you to safety need some kind of ways to mitigate or catch the filament user. Possible solutions would be spool up timers added to filaments in J-Space that would make the user somewhat catchable or at least give the option of pursuing for hunters who are fast enough to scan the ships down.

5. Improve Gas Hauling Gas compression soon
With the addition of both J-Space and K-Space Gas to the ingredients of more ships (or their components) the need for transporting Gas has increased. While it is not that hard to get harvested Gas from Lowsec to Jita, it is quite hard to get the Gas to your production system possibly far far away (unless you have a HS static in a wormhole) due to missing any form of compression. Unfortunately the compression wouldn’t work the same way as ore and ice does (as gas isn’t reprocessed), but there could be a way to compress and decompress.

6. Bring Mining back to J-Space I’m conna say it’s a half point with mining barges being brought into gas mining wormholes. Now bring back Moon Mining!
Currently you don’t see much mining besides fleets of ventures in gas sites and the occasional daytripper. You definetly don’t see big targets like a Industrial Command Ship because the rewards just don’t justify the risks. Bringing these ships back to J-Space would bring more targets to drop on, which is urgently need right now.
The easiest way to do this is introducing Gas Mining Drones usable by Porpoise and Orca. Currently a Gnosis is the best way to boost a gas mining fleet as the Gnosis can huff itself whilst a Porpoise can’t and costs way more. Of course this shouldn’t make the porpoise better at huffing then a Venture/Prospect, but this buff would make Gas Mining easier for bringing more of a risk on grid as a porpoise can be caught much easier then a venture or Prospect and would probably hold most of the fleets gas. (this would not be possible in Null unless those drones could resist the explosions from the clouds)
Another approach would be to introduce a gas mining barge (possibly T3 or a Trig ship) but that would have to be discussed in detail, as it could make the Prospect mostly irrelevant.

7. Include Anomaly and Signature Names in the bilingual option.
While I personally would advice anyone to set the language of EVE to english, there are people who rather play in their native language. There is an option to keep the important names in english, though having most of the game still in another language then english.
Unfortunately Anomalies and Cosmic Singatures do not fall under this category and are still in the native language. This hurts the non english speakers if they want to share bookmarks where the standard language is english, as they would have to remember all site names and put them in manually.
This would probably be a quick win and hugely improve the way how weak english speakers could play in international alliances or corps.
(The german names sometimes give the better search results, but especially in Wormholes the names aren’t that unique and the best overviews are only in english)

8. Your suggestions?
jk…
unless?

Totally serious list of totally serious campaign promises:
I: Get Permaband to represent Iceland in the next Eurovision Song Contest
II: More SKINS
III: Delete C4
IV: More SKINS
V: Give us more beard options (the mustache is a joke)

4 Likes