With out ganking, high sec would just be boring

Delicious ganker tears. This change was needed years ago, too little, too late.

Good riddance, but too late, should’ve done this before everyone quit.

0%. I think you need to rephrase your question into “have been ganked less than 10 times” to get out of single digit answer to your question.

This. 50% of players thought it is a problem, which is more of a consensus we had on botting at the time, and then CCP MonumentalStupid just comes out with THE LINE. Oh man, the shame.

Assumption that any amount of tank could save people from ganks is ridiculous to begin with, all it did was bring 1 more catalyst on you, and you die with extra expense you put into that tank.

Anyone worth their rock salt was always flying a max yield Hulk anyway. No changes here.

Because it never helped against ganks in the first place.

Because due to poor design a freighter or industrial without max cargo expanders couldn’t haul even for hauling missions. They are designed around the concept of max cargo expanders and do not work without them.

After they fix the autopilot to stop flying into triglavian or incursion bs all the time.

You don’t semi-AFK in max yield, just say it out straight that you never mined and have no idea how it works. You either go max yield fit, or semi-afk one, because due to Hulk cargohold being pathetic you can’t semi-AFK (or anything less than full attention mine) in it, and anything but Hulk is not max yield.

Efficiency of mining has not changed one bit. Mining was dead before griefing removal, it is still dead after.

Opposite, since in your false theory we now strip more, we need more freight.

Because we paid them for a simple reason - so we could earn more by mining while they freight for us! Economy 101 is hard for gankers, it seems.

Or the opposite, because in your own statement, veteran industrialists were already using freighters to take the risk for them and thus were immune to ganking, while the new player hauling his first loot would be the prime target.

2 Likes

I recall on my first gank ( under my alt Maverickz ) I practically pooed my pants…all quite nerve wracking, though exhilarating. And I shot the wrong target. So my first proper gank was my second one. Alas, poor Maverickz was Alpha and so had to stop ganking and was only active for a few weeks just before CCP stopped alphas from ganking…though I have a new Omega ganker since then.

2 Likes

Be a big girl and kill one by yourself like Zaera

1 Like

A retriever with zero tank…how unusual. Can’t believe anyone spends 60m on a Retriever yet can’t afford 1m ISK for a shield extender.

Nice, adrenaline shakes? (“pvp shakes”)

6 Likes

Yep, exactly that.

4 Likes

Sweet, may you have many more!

4 Likes

Adreneline shakes followed by whinebaby tears.

1 Like

We send out a very nice mail when we catch a criminal, we explain what he did wrong and to repent for his sins.

It’s the follow up mail we enjoy.

Was surprised by a pilot from PH , we could see from our kill board feed that they had a T3 legion fleet out so we thought let’s wait for a bit for them to come back and get any stragglers, a flashy red Legion jumped into high sec from low a short time later, we killed him , his mail was well done guy good catch , that will teach me to jump into high why still red .

1 Like

Ganker

Reported for griefing.

5 Likes

Just imagine if bot aspirants were allowed to mine all day with impunity?

• The price of high-sec ore would be practically worthless.
  • There would be very little incentive to build new ships, because very few are being destroyed.
  • The economy as a whole would suffer due to lack of attrition.
  • Risk vs reward would be non-existent.
  • New Eden’s reputation as a dangerous and unforgiving place would be laughable at best.

The whole “un-consensual” thing makes me feel uncomfortable.
I understand that there should be some risk in high sec. I’ve been back for a month and a half, and lost most of my money to ganks. I like the industrial/financial side of the game, so there is little enjoyment for me. In the time that I have been back I’ve lost over 8 billion ISK. I wouldn’t mind getting popped now and then, but I can’t even get my stuff to market without loosing it. Where is the enjoyment for me? Unfortunately I remember how it used to be, I had occasional losses but all in all I was able to make isk and be happy. Now I have occasional make it to market, while trying to not get blown up until I’m on the way back.

1 Like

That’s what gankers say to justify their ganking with themselves, while 99.9% of the hisec dwellers disagree

1 Like

So why don’t you outsource the hauling to freight services if you can’t deal with the risk of shipping stuff around?

If you decide to undock and ship valuable stuff around the ONLY thing you have to think about it how to make sure you don’t get ganked. That is literally the whole gameplay. Setting a destination and pressing one button in every system isn’t gameplay. If you don’t like to think about how to survive (honestly, how bad can you be if that is even an issue in highsec) then maybe don’t ship valuable stuff yourself and concentrate on the parts of the game where you actually have fun.

4 Likes

That’s a probelm between seat and keyboard. A smart bear buys her mining permit and either pays to have her goodies shipped or buys safe passage. Being a greedy little bear gets you ganked and a Darwin award.

2 Likes

So why don’t you outsource the hauling to freight services if you can’t deal with the risk of shipping stuff around?

Exactly, this is something I constantly preach about. I am quite happy to pay for a service and offload my problem to somebody else that is happy to do it for me. That way I don’t have to worry about my goods being lost, because the collateral will cover it.

Plus, I wont have to spend my time hauling goods around and can instead invest my time doing fun activities and making profit. It’s the same mentality these people have when they think the minerals they mine themselves are free… Everything has an associated cost, including your time!

I pay people to build my ships, haul them to my staging and even carry my loot back to market. That way I can spend my time doing the things I enjoy and having fun. Which is ultimately more profitable in the long run.

1 Like

How is that possible? I’ve been playing for a couple years in hi sec, and null, and WHs, and pochven, and low sec, and haven’t lost that much. What exactly are you doing?

1 Like

If you had split up your load into three parts and put bulkheads on your freighter, no one would’ve touched you. All you’d have to do is play a little longer to accomplish your hauling task. But you are lazy and greedy, aren’t you, little bear?

6 Likes

The mind of a ganker shows that they do not know the sheer joy of just farming npc’s in highsec