With out ganking, high sec would just be boring

My RP family tries to live minimilistic, so I have, in fact done that!

Except of an RP roll-away, I went to the RP-Home Depot and got one of those RP-Bagsters. Dump all that junk into that. But I’m too cheap to pay RP-Waste Management a hundred RP-dollars especially because I’m paying them already 48 RP-dollars a month normal trash service. So I just stuff my cans full of that crap over the course of a month or two.

But I suspect the effect is the same. Bliss.

Speaking of RP game changers, have you tried one of those RP-weedwacker lawn edger combos? They are Ace! Kill two birds with one stone, and I was able to ditch the dedicated RP-lawn edger and make room in my RP-garden shed.

1 Like

I mined in Azerakish for ages…a huge asteroid belt 600km across. One of the biggest in Eve. Its down near Amarr. Since Nocturne corp left the system I seldom saw anyone at all in local. Entire 0.6 system to myself. Safety gankers would do the rounds once in a while and were easy to avoid. Eve is full of such largely empty systems.

5 Likes

We have faction goats that pvp down most of our grass, although last week they got into hi sec and ganked the wife’s new roses. She was not amused.

3 Likes

Dracvlad is not most gankers.

Clearly you.

Need a hankie whinebaby?

1 Like

He sounds salty.

Time for bannerbear?

2 Likes

How would you know. You don’t even play the game.

1 Like

For the 3 mth i was in highsec i was never ever ganked. Mined away from jita and not once did i have a problem. Gankers are not a problem for me tbh

3 Likes

Mining without a permit ?

1 Like

Well if you watched the survey that was sent out. CCP is trying to figure out why they just have a small number of basement dwellers as players and the rest of the gaming community comes here and then just leaves. The issue is the basement dwellers that control the game. It’s as simple as that. So they will need to mix it up. World of Warcraft’s solution is to devalue all gear by the time the next expansion rolls around. It works. So the easy solution is to either reset the universe every expansion or devalue current ships and assets by creating new assets every season. Tech normally has designed obsolescence, but the developers are likely too lazy to come up with new hardware every season.

2 Likes

Oh look, M has graced the forums once more and still hasn’t ditched the IRL insults again. Just what was missing from the Eve Online community: toxic players bringing meaningless abrasive stereotypes into play. :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

@Most_Moliko I’m glad you’re back with your terrible pointless takes. It always adds some comic levity to the forums.

3 Likes

They can be annoying, but their tears are delicious.

1 Like

Because your response to me didn’t make any sense, so I am asking you to give an example.

1 Like

The developers really ought to let the players design the hardware…in this alleged ‘sandbox’.

I mean, not to the extent where I could just churn out a 8500 DPS frigate with 400K EHP, but certainly the ability of players to turn a bunch of integrated dials and sliders and create their own ships rather than just fitting pre-assigned modules to fixed spec ships. Turning up one dial would turn down others, and so on, for overall balance. This would open up the game hugely.

1 Like

Off the top of my head, JumpShips and the mechanics surrounding their use for example?

1 Like

Alpha’s can take a titan bridge the same way an omega can. The ability to fly a Titan is obviously omega only, because you need to train into it. However, flying a titan would fall under “content” as opposed to a “game mechanic” and its not like once you pay the sub you can all of a sudden fly a titan.

I’m talking about core mechanics being locked behind a paywall. To the best of my knowledge safey red is the only such mechanic this applies to.

3 Likes

No. Cloaking is another example. Alphas cannot cloak. Alphas also cannot do nanite repairs, cannot use precursor weapons, and various other things.

3 Likes

Blimey there was a massive expansion that changed the game totally, wow, how did I miss that?

1 Like

Incorrect, they are all skills that are unlocked via skill books and training. A core mechanic would be defined as something which a 1-day old character can do without needing a skillbook. (Warping, navigation, targeting, shooting, d-scan, scanning probes, etc). The ability to turn safety red does not require any skill books. However, it is now exclusively locked behind a paywall.

3 Likes

1 Like