With out ganking, high sec would just be boring

Depends on how you look at it. According to economic reports High Sec mining makes up the greater majority of ore extracted throughout the cluster. If that rate of extraction isn’t consistent it causes pretty much every item in the game to become more expensive. Don’t forget there is a financial component to this: Miners make ships cheaper, cheapers ships make miners dead. Too much Veldspar, or too little, messes with the market and its stability. Problems with the market mess with the whole game.

For asteroid belt ore its actually about evenly split between highsec and all the other sources. For moon ore it is less than half. However, good luck trying to work out how much of this is immediately processed, converted into items such as ships, and so on. I’ve never seen anything on how much ore or other material is stashed away. Or on how many ships are stashed away. I very much doubt there’s some sort of real life type ‘just in time’ situation in Eve, or that the rate of destruction even comes close to the rate of production.

1 Like

Excellent point. Stockpiling creates a kind of buffer for supply versus demand. It would take time for supply problems to manifest, especially since more material and goods flow into Jita than out.

1 Like

Without the Federation Hisec would just be boring.
Long Live the Gallente Federation! :fist:

2 Likes

I remember the times when many Jump freighters would undock and jump out of Jita.

That was an awesome sight to see!

1 Like

I’m on a crusade here!
What the ■■■■ with the high-security space + “ganking”.
Note that i’m not here against the OP actually vice-versa.

Without player versus player gameplay Eve-Online as a game would be boring.
Without “ganking”, low-security would just be boring.
Without “ganking”, null-security would just be boring.
Without “ganking”, markets would just be boring.
Without “ganking”, manufacturing would just be boring.
Without “ganking”, planetary production would just be boring.
Without “ganking”, mining would just be boring.
If you catch my drift.

2 Likes

There are lots of thing to do in High Sec that aren’t boring, like mining, mission running, exploration, ratting the Skeleton Key Comet, manufacturing, belt ratting and anomaly hunting.

So why you hiding in low sec?

1 Like

Where ever he goes you will call it hiding

Well, Aiko did invite him to Uedema for a duel.

He was conspicious by his absense.

2 Likes

Why would I log in to a massive multiplayer online game…to do stuff I could just as well do against AI in some single player game ?

I duel with Aiko?

Given that Aiko’s tipped her hand with her ship preference and pvp style, I’d imagine all he would have to do is kite her blappy void catalyst. Which isn’t that hard to do.

Well, firstly, he needs to grow a pair and come to Uedema.

2 Likes

Kite Fit

3 Likes

He probably would have had better success if:

1. he was in tormentor or something similar.

2. if he payed attention to d-scanner.

Remind me, is he one of these uber - pvpers that detest pvp on the principle that it causes psychological trauma?

Most definately

Notes that Retriever prices have more than doubled in 10 years.

translation: without “unconsensual pvp” i might have to go where the targets shoot back

you’ve spent so long deluded by this mechanic that you’ll probably just quit due to a lack of any actual skill at doing something worthwhile if/when CCP finally changes it.

Calm down miner.

Even though highsec ganking is indeed considered one of the highest forms of elite PvP in this game, I don’t do it because it is difficult or requires considerable skill to pull off, but simply because it is absolutely hilarious and an endless fountain of joy to dunk miners. And it’s at the same time the right thing to do to bring this thieves to justice. It’s a bit like everything aligns, a prefect game mode for my tastes if you so will.

1 Like