Would the game be better if

i have an idea . what if they let people play with the ship modals with some kinda 3D drawing program they could hold a contest for a new ship (i dont know the reward, for me it would just be playing with ship designs) but they could spin it like “from the wreakage of nullsec, far from the places of plenty something new was seen” balabla… if they did do something like this and avertized i could seen them picking up new players not just more accounts of multiboxers … i mean everyone is tight on cash these days i belive why not try to get new clientel
… i been reading all the negative B.S on the price hikes , i’ll still play i just wont beable to make a second account and have it as omega like i wanted anytime in the next few months i reall think with a design a ship contest, and some advertising for it, it would help and be fun, what do you guys think ?

Players already do so much for this game… from 3rd party developing of apps that should be in-game features from CCP to playing arm-chair developer… you think we should do more of their job? And you want to pay $20 to do it? Ok…

4 Likes

See, that’s the thing that chaps my arse: not only does CCP think the players owe them something- if only staying loyal and keep subbing ( “they’ll be back” did someone say, as if an online game is indispensable ) but they expect the players to give feedback on things that they as devs should already know.
I mean, one exemple off the top of my head: who is blind enough not to see that the windows top borders are way too big?
Another one for good measure: How clueless can you be to no know that there are lots of players who have no more skills to put in the skill queue and yet CCP refuses to cease with the “You have no skills in your skill queue” messages and that big ugly omnipresent Empty-Skill-Queue circle?
Same thing for the retarded but lovely Red Dot… And what’s the deal with not being able to close certain windows?? :upside_down_face:
The community has given enough. Ideas, suggestions, good requests… hell, the community has given content by themselves without waiting for CCP but CCP doesn’t seem to understand that players aren’t merely Capsuleers, we are human beings with everything that entails and most of us simply cannot or will not ( as is our prerogative as customers ) entertain a second JOB on something that supposed to be a GAME plus pay for it an amount of money never before seen on an MMO.
It’s time CCP wakes up and start thinking of their customers as human beings, not cash cows or gooses who lay golden eggs.

4 Likes

But that is really the whole core of the issue…and applies every bit as much to Eve. I have my own case of vet syndrome in that I hugely prefer the original Half Life to the updated ( and better graphics ) Black Mesa. The new version just doesn’t have that same ‘feel’ to it that I enjoyed so much. Of course, being new to Eve I haven’t yet had time to get that similar sort of feel…though I am getting there. And…when I do, no doubt I’ll be complaining about any changes to the way Eve is now.

That is how vet syndrome goes.

1 Like

There’s also a venue for things that otherwise would get censored/deleted/moderated here to be discussed over there. Just recently the CSM insights would likely have been swiftly supressed here.

Is some of the posts off-putting for new players, or those who seek to ask questions before starting, sure there are some of those. However as others have mentioned I do believe a lot of justified whining. I’m bitter at times because time change and I tend to see a lot of what I loved being destroyed, and I could imagine a lot of other veterans also feel the same.

Getting rid of those of us on reddit also won’t magically fix what’s broken in the game, or changes that are plain out stupid. And honestly, even these forums are not what they used to be. Sadly. Albeit much less toxic due to stricter moderation.

/c

7 Likes

I don’t think getting rid of peeps using a website makes the game better.

Rather its giving meaning to what we do in game.

I think what’s hard is CCP is straddling the line between old and new models. They haven’t really gone the battle pass route, which I appreciate greatly.

However, I’m sure they want all that moolah that comes with it. But EVE also doesn’t really appeal much to the younger gamers as well. It rewards long term goal planning.

It is a complicated minefield of issues and while I’m not defending CCP per se, I do acknowledge the difficulty.

1 Like

Yes.

Join Goonswarm. We’re currently removing TEST.

That’s the spirit!
Redditors GTFO.

3 Likes

Which I think we can all agree is for the best.

What do you think about the idea of having twenty points to spread over the each of the existing dev teams?
— accessible to omega folk who want a vote on development focus.

The problem with EVE reddit is that the moderation transformed it a private club.

But, reddit is not a bad thing, and there’s no “official” EVE reddit, just go ahead and create a new one.

I would, but I won’t moderate it, so it’s gonna fail since post one.

EDIT: Erase that, I kinda like this new reddit. I joined.

No. Instead of trying to splinter an already diminished, if not shrinking population, how about you stop pointing fingers are other players and start asking “why is CCP creating such a visceral response from such a sizeable body of players?” Maybe YOU don’t have an issue, but clearly a great many do.

1 Like

Because it is transitioning from its traditional content delivery system to a new one. Confusion and anger is understandable, even forgivable, but should not be pandered to.

I’m torn because I’m excited to see content releases tied to the story-line and the in-game march of technology because I argued for it back in the day but I can see the damage this new course is causing on the back of the psychological blows of austerity, I mean scarcity. ::whispers:: I do mean Austerity.

2 Likes

it wouldn’t matter what ccp announces there will be a vocal minority that are going to cry and whine about everything!
again, its a negative feedback loop, the more people complain, the more people complain!
reddit is a cancer on the game, and social media is a cancer on the world!

1 Like

I can see your point, but I’d also suggest that CCP has created an adversarial relationship with their customers and instead of acknowledging this and making reparations, it’s getting worse and worse as time goes on.

1 Like

Why you need few days to kill mobile depot? so you can kill any BS in game but mobile depot not!? funny.
How come i have agression timer in my own astrahus in wh space, stupid af. Please remove nonsense from the game.

Good question. A few million hunk of metal is tougher then as several hundred million hunk of metal.

People tend to have pretty set opinions on these things, so nobody’s mind is likely to get changed by commentary. I don’t reddit and never have, but I do occasionally come across reddit discussions when searching various topics.

Much like these forums, there are some useful and well written posts, there is some whiney pointless kvetching, and there’s a lot of bitter sarcastic commentary on CCP’s missteps. Some of that is well supported, some of it’s just the bitchfest of the week.

A few points:

• CCP personnel themselves have been as or more active on the reddit forums than here on their own.
  • A very small portion of the MMO playerbases typically use forums of any sort (generally considered to be fewer than 5% of players)
  • The things CCP does (good or bad) affect the entire player base, not the tiny fraction that use forums.
  • The various precipitous drops in EVE population that CCP has engineered over the past decade correlate directly to unpopular changes CCP has made. Not to reddit posts.
  • People who dislike CCP or reddit or gankers or bittervets are gonna make up ■■■■ to complain about, no matter the logic of it or the numbers involved. Gotta grind those axes til they’re sharp!

Frankly, the game would be better if the people who own CCP yanked half the decision makers and put some actual talent into the game. Sadly they seem unwilling to do that.

1 Like

CCP is probably trying to shift destruction from personal assets like ships and deployables to citadels. I imagine that their logic is that unlike when someone loses a ship, losing a citadel is a “shared” loss for a group of players, and as such is easier for players to swallow, which would lead to fewer players crying about sociopaths and quitting the game in anger.

But the missing piece of the puzzle is that CCP doesn’t understand just how mind-numbingly boring, unfulfilling, and frustrating their space-hut huff-and-puff gameplay actually is.

I remember the “pos bashing.”

“What’re we doing tonight?”
“We’re in on a pos bash.”
“Really? There’s nothing else to do?”

That is, unless there was a defense fleet.