"Wreck Their Dream" Makes New Players Leave

Right. Since OP does not want to say what’s keeping him from doing the stuff he wants doing, it’s time to put a very simple truth about EvE in focus. The game holds up a mirror. The only thing that prevents you from doing anything in the game is … you.

6 Likes

I know, only a small subset of players are likely to stay. I think it is a niche game and you are wise to ask yourself if you should continue. Still if you like a dark challenge then you will enjoy facets of it, but it wastes so much time…

2 Likes

Which explains the falling player rates… makes sense.

I don’t mind spending time on a game, I have lots of it but if it’s for nothing then it’s very bad.

Quit trolling this thread. Go boil an egg or something.

Did it actually happen?
Did someone stop you from following your dream? If so, do tell.
If not, is it merely the possibility that someone somewhere might interfere with your dream that’s holding you back? If so, not to be insulting, but that sounds like a personal character flaw you have to deal with not just for the game but for all of life.

3 Likes

Nice write up and yeah, that probably explains the reason for poor player retention.

This game reminds me of my 100 gal Fish Tank. When I first got it, I set it up with a variety of little Cichlid fish. Over time some of those fish grew quite large, marked out their territory and became aggressive. Not only that they also hogged up most of the food as well. When they were all little I fed them worms and pellets, as they got larger I switched to live feeder goldfish.

Meanwhile in order to survive, all the other fish who remained small ended up hiding in plants and rocks. When the larger fish were eating, scales and bits of the feeder goldfish would be expelled from their gills. The smaller Cichlid fish hiding in the plants and rocks would dart in and out of their hiding places and scoop up those bits for food.

So yeah, Eve is like a big fish tank with all different sizes of fish in it with some more aggressive than others. Even if you’re a little fish you can still live in Eve, just gotta learn how to survive…

5 Likes

You’re only guaranteed to lose if you don’t try. :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Yea, it’s pretty discouraging to read “Wreck their dreams” and “not here to run the game, just ruin your game”… that’s just crappy attitude towards other players, especially new players.

1 Like

Thank you! THAT’s what the thread is about.

1 Like

I don’t understand why Twijn is telling us about his negative view of the game. It’s hardly anything we haven’t heard a million times before.

So, here we have a happy-as-long-as-I’m-winning fellow, impotently swatting at wreckers-of-dreams fellows, in the hope that someone will…what, exactly?

Twijn, I did read your OP. If you’re going, go; if you want to try again, do so, and Welcome!

3 Likes

Evidently, this thread has touched a nerve.

Take those sunglasses off, I’m still playing the game.

Correct.

Good luck finding a game where you’re guaranteed to win! Bye!

5 Likes

can we share his stuff ?

And what is it you think drives those battles in this open world? It’s two of more parties with conflicting goals.

You can’t have one without the other.

1 Like

Jesus Christ… when did y’all IQ drop?

So far, out of the posters in this thread, only two get what the thread is about… it’s pathetic.

1 Like

WTF are you talking about??

You’re WAY off topic.

If someone’s dream is to wreck your dream, then you can wreck their dream by creating an organization so powerful that the dream wreckers can’t wreck it, thus becoming a dream wrecker yourself.

5 Likes

And clearly you’re not one of those. :joy:

2 Likes