"Wreck Their Dream" Makes New Players Leave

Hum, I don’t want to wreck dreams, just participate in those battles that CCP advertise so well.

Jesus… another troll.

What do you think is the purpose of those battles you want to participate in?

Sovereign take over… fun. Certainly not ruining someone’s day.

Ten years of filth on this character’s ship. If you never undock, you never lose a ship. That’s easily 10% of characters. There are many professions in which flying a ship is something you do once. Though this one is actually in space a lot.

Dirty girl 2

Mr Epeen :sunglasses:

2 Likes

So, “take over” of someone else’s space doesn’t ruin the previous owner’s day? LOL.

3 Likes

I wouldn’t think so, it’s legitimate in EVE.

What if taking over space involves shooting their ships and destroying their structures? Would that be ‘wrecking their dreams?’

1 Like

Correct, and is also wrecking someone’s dream. See? You are having fun kicking in someone else’s sov “wrecking their dream” while also claiming this is a turn off to the game. You want to wreck other’s dreams while not having your dream wrecked.

2 Likes

Fortunately, I can both read and write, Twijn. I provided my own precis of your outpouring of grief.

sigh…

“Wreck Their Dream” Makes New Players Leave.

Hopefully, you intended your first post to amplify the (rather vague) sentiment expressed in the title of the thread.

‘Wreck their dream’ is imprecise as a motive for the activities of much (perhaps most?) of our playerbase. People blow stuff up for a number of reasons; giving folks a bad day may or may not be one of them.

You have failed to present coherent arguments in support of the notion of broad application of such an imperative within the game and directed at new players.

How may one tell a new player from a new character?

Your second fail lies in the latter part of your title; ‘Makes New Players Leave’. What, all new players?

In sum, then, the title of your thread, its thrust and execution resemble nothing more than a banner headline in a downmarket tabloid newspaper, ill-researched and substituting hyperbole for accuracy.

There now, Twijn; go or stay? It’s up to you.

I don’t have a problem with the action, it’s the way it’s presented… it’s in my OP.
This thread is about Player Retention.

1 Like

@Sasha_Nemtsov This thread is about Player Retention and the way EVE is presented to new players.
Post on topic, please.

1 Like

Wrecking dreams is presented by CCP as part of the gameplay in EVE, which accurately shows new players that this game is not only about building but also destroying.

This helps new players as they can -with that knowledge- make a good choice whether EVE is a game matching their interests.

Hopefully this stops new players who are not interested in such gameplay from trying altogether, which increases the retention rate of the players who are interested.

Yes, and in my OP ( which you should read, btw ) I say that it doesn’t help New Players stay in the game.

for F sake, even the title of the thread says New Players

IMO the only way your dream gets totally wrecked in terms of game play is if you have someone literally following your around every time you undock and blowing you up. (And if you’ve made that kind of enemy so early in your game career, you really did something wrong!) (And even then just create a new character and start over)

IF this is a real post, sounds more and more like there mere lack of a guarantee of success is what the op is lamenting about.

Grow up.

2 Likes

Am I? How’s that crushing the dreams of your opposition to achieve yours is healthy for eve

And they need to learn to understand what they read, too, for the love of God all mighty.

For Pete’s sake, please read the OP and try to understand it, please.

Yet it does the exact opposite!

Player retention is a ratio of amount of players staying versus total amount of players starting the game.
Examples:

• If everyone who tries EVE would stay with the game, retention would be 100%.
  • If everyone who tries out EVE notices that the game isn’t right for them and they all stop playing, retention would be 0%

For the sake of getting a higher player retention, it is therefore good if CCP accurately tells players at the start that EVE is not only about building your space empire but also about destroying that of others. Because if players who are not interested in such gameplay don’t try out the game, they won’t leave the game and as a result the retention goes up.

TL;DR: “Wreck their dreams” makes player retention go up as it hopefully stops players unsuited for EVE from trying the game.

5 Likes