Wrecking Machine. and Black Flag vs P A R A B E L L U M and co

Now thats interesting jita holding and Parabellum ganking in Gelfiven.

Actually it is (see Blackflag). You getting confused with the good old days of guerilla warfare.

No such thing. Learn to GANK.

If you really wanted to you could, join as allies, by dropping a pos in an out the way area then guerilla warfare until they find your pos, rinse and repeat

I prefer gorilla warfare.

1 Like

Is that like bull fighting with gorillas?

Hmmā€¦this one looks quite tanky. Could probably even take on a Sotiyo.

2 Likes

An updateā€¦

Possibly the biggest ever battle in highsec, in Finanar yesterday. Over 1000 people fighting in the system at one point. I am glad Iā€™ll be able to look back and say I was there. Alas killboard and the battle report have still ( 18 hours later ) not yet been updated with the most significant killā€¦that of PARABELLUMā€™s costly Sotiyo.

2 Likes

Here I thought leaving nullsec ment not having to deal with extreme TiDi.

Anyway, it was good. That was their most important structure, now for the rest.

EDIT: To bad there is no Sot killmail generated. It had two techII rigs. One worth 122bill and another and another at 77Billā€¦ It is why they defended it so fiercely.

3 Likes

Is that a killboard issue or was there literally no killmail ? Nobody has come forward to say they received one. There was about 40 of us from WM firing at it when it popped.

Thxs for the update

And Governor Lee was there too :thinking:

Can i ask, what did the cat fleet do on the Parabellum side, just out of interest.

This is a bug. There was cases like with tidi and to many people not generating killmails. Goons had similar issues when they were popping keepstars.

They did not want to risk anymore larger ships. And Catas are extremely dangerous with massive dps if used properly to harass ships as they leave and kill stragglers.

I mean at the end of the night Parra already lost over 300 bill (including the structure). It would be silly to commit again. We already replaced our paladins and was back on field. During the fight they are also send a fleet of catas to attack our warhq to get us away from the fight. Using catas for it was silly as I manned the structure and easily cleared a few catas.

2 Likes

Their Catalyst fit is rather goodā€¦with 756 DPS if overheated. Iā€™ve copied it for my AO10 ganker characterā€¦as I could not figure how to have both warp scrambler and afterburner and get over 700 DPS. They are simply no match for our Apocs, thoughā€¦ We had a Catalyst feast destroying them in Finanar on Feb 20th. Killboard shows them losing 200 or so Catalysts that day.

1 Like

been an issue for 9 years!

This story made the mata show and I think they are going to do more next week, good work on making content

1 Like

Should be 813 dps w/OH on a zero-implant character. Been using a version of this myself for close to 3 years. Itā€™s just a t2 aerator or accelerator rig with a t1 algid rig. Started using it in summer 2020 to solo retrievers and hulks in 0.9/1.0, macks in 0.5 to 0.7, before the barge/exhumer EHP buff.

Iā€™m surprised they donā€™t have a t1 hyperspatial velocity rig on it with the remaining 50 calibration. Costs only ~140k.

Indeedā€¦but my ganker alt ( one of my 3 Omega characters ) seldom gets the skills queue these days what with me training up for Nightmares and Zealots and so on in this character.

You donā€™t need a lot of skills to gank successfully.

Are you implying ganking is a low skill activity?

:smirk:

1 Like