WRECKS

How do you know if it is not your own ?

That should be visible by hovering, no?

Well I guess that also depends on your overview/bracket settings,
but the default should have at least the corp visible, no?

In any case, the info window reveals who the wreck/can belongs to.

When they are all going to be a pile of broken drones in your cargo hold it’s vitally important you don’t neut a wreck by accident so you should show info on every wreck.

Maybe they could have safety settings that only function in high sec.

The odd situation occurs that you are in your pod not knowing what initialised a concord response even after adding everything to overview and reading your log messages there is nothing to show what you did.

Maybe they could give you an easy button right on your HUD that you can toggle to green when you go to High sec. That way players can have some responsibility and accountability for their actions.

I see what you mean, silly of me to think that the most dangerous thing a mining vessels can do is fit offensive modules and encounter inanimate objects.

Is this sarcasm?

The button removes the need for self-responsibility and accountability …
… it doesn’t increase it.

I’m not sure why you can salvage a wreck and take it’s contents but not shoot it. There might be a reason hence the purpose of this thread.
Given that you can shoot deployable structures or abandoned drones ?

Because of the importance of self responsibility ? lol

To make loot denial more difficult, otherwise one could just enter a mission pocket or a gank site and shoot the wrecks without much issue even if suspect and destroy even billions of ISK in seconds or key mission item drops which would be insane as even suicide gankers have to sacrifice their ships and use alts / mates to steal the loot that drops from their ganking and mission item thieves have to go suspect if they steal mission loot or ninja looters have to go suspect to steal which are balanced gameplay mechanics but destroying weak wrecks en masse would be completely imbalanced.

Context matters. I was specifically responding to a call for some automated settings that only function in HS. In that context having to set the setting yourself puts the responsibility on the player to ensure they set it properly.

And yes it was also a bit sarcastic.

That only works for people who don’t move about very much.

That is the kind of thing I was getting at but aren’t gank wrecks blue if they were killed illegally ?
What situation do you need concord to protect a wreck ?

They can take the contents and concord won’t respond and they can salvage it and concord won’t respond but if the shoot it ? does that need to be more than a sec status hit ?

Um no it works for everyone. Except maybe lazy ones.

Everyone with a territorial ball and chain

Yea, that doesn’t even make any sense.

It’s not that hard, enter HS, toggle to green, leave HS toggle to whatever you want.

Be thankful you even have the option. There was a time that there were no safeties. You just had to know what you could and couldn’t do.

I was talking about the wrecks (including loot) left behind by the victim which can contain hundreds or even thousands of millions of loot sometimes requiring a transport ship to haul that could be destroyed with a few shots, and if someone dedicates a sacrificial ship to do so can still do. And as also mentioned same applies to npc wrecks and loot especially mission items.

As others noted learn not to be lazy instead of trying to change a fairly well balanced and working system just because you’ve been careless and burned yourself. :stuck_out_tongue:

I’m in a permanent war that takes place in and out of HS, I base in a high sec system that has no adjacent HS systems

Yep if the victim was a legal target the wreck might be owned

Just to be clear on the terminology, if it was NOT a legal target (attackers had to suicide) then it will be owned by the victim and only his fleet mates* or himself can legally shoot the wreck. If it is a LEGAL target (war declaration, suspect, criminal, limited engagement) then the attacker can take the loot (or even shoot it if I recall correctly) without becoming a suspect or criminal in the process regardless the fact the owner is the victim.

Edit: *Though not entirely sure if fleet mates can shoot the wreck but they surely can take the loot.

Edit: Oh and also if the corp the victim is in has friendly fire allowed then corp mates should be able to shoot the wreck no problem (but not sure if that permits taking the loot without suspect unless they are same fleet).

So what?

CCP already gave players a tool to make it so you don’t even need to learn the concord rules. It’s one toggle to change as you go from LS to HS. You can choose to use it, or you can choose to learn all the rules manually.